C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Two Kool forum cruisers

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 11:21 PM
64 roach
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Two Kool forum cruisers

My family and I were cruising down highway 93 south today and stopped at Columbia Icefields to enjoy the amazing scenery, riding the bus off the mountain in the parking lot I noticed two gorgeous midyears. I could not help but to have a closer look, as I stopped for a quick inspection the two owners and their wives walked up obviously ready to resume their road trip. These two (I do not have permission to post names) spent valuable road time to show me their cars as all three of our wives anxiously awaited our return. I have never met a forum member before and really enjoyed these corvette junkies I hope when my car is drivable I will have the patience and class to share such as they did with me today. Hope the best for these classy vette drivers. (P.S. I hope they respond so you all know whom I refer to) Thanks again, Keith
Old 08-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Cool story ! I'm glad they had time for you ! Stewy
Old 08-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,016 Likes on 2,534 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Stopped at the Columbia Ice Fields. Glaciers. And Stewie says "cool story". Groan!

That entire trip is made for a Corvette, 2 years ago went from Banff to Jasper and a few days later back the other way. Fantastic scenery, nice roads (except for 10 million bicyclists)....wish we were going again soon!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Banff snow skiing Stewy
Old 08-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,085 Likes on 4,737 Posts
Army

Just went through Calgary this Saturday and will be back to Heritage Park next Saturday on a tour bus - did see both a C3 AND C4 near the Calgary Stampede fairgrounds but nothing older. What a beautiful place to live (in the summer)! Saw bears, elk, deer and mountain goats in Glacier Park - lovely. Also visited Head Smashed In-Buffalo Jump where the Indian "first nations" drove the animals over the cliffs for over 9,000 years...pretty impressive.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:57 PM
turbocat
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 64 roach
My family and I were cruising down highway 93 south today and stopped at Columbia Icefields to enjoy the amazing scenery, riding the bus off the mountain in the parking lot I noticed two gorgeous midyears. I could not help but to have a closer look, as I stopped for a quick inspection the two owners and their wives walked up obviously ready to resume their road trip. These two (I do not have permission to post names) spent valuable road time to show me their cars as all three of our wives anxiously awaited our return. I have never met a forum member before and really enjoyed these corvette junkies I hope when my car is drivable I will have the patience and class to share such as they did with me today. Hope the best for these classy vette drivers. (P.S. I hope they respond so you all know whom I refer to) Thanks again, Keith
Thanks for the kind words Keith. It is always fun to meet a fellow forum member unexpectedly . Buddy and I love to talk about his 64 and my 66 Red Red convertibles.After traveling 1500 miles from California to Canada where we met you, we thought it was humorous that you asked where our support vehicle was. So far we have had no major problems, We are now on our way to Glacier park in the USA. Good luck on that 64-it sounded like a very fun project,especially the 500 hp stroker part.

Get notified of new replies

To Two Kool forum cruisers

Quick Reply: Two Kool forum cruisers