C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Thoughts On this 60 FS in BC?

Old 07-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

Default Thoughts On this 60 FS in BC?

Just curious what you guys think about this car... price seems right.. no?
1960 Corvette Roadster - $31000 (burnaby)

MEANT TO AD LINK CList ad

Great drivable project...runs awesome. It has been in dry storage for the past 23 years . I recently installed a 350 crate engine with electronic distributor and rebuilt standard 4 speed transmission with a Hurst shifter,, new clutch and pressure plate/ TB, new brakes, master cylinders/ wheel cylinders and drums were all turned. it has a new gas tank sending unit/rebuilt the generator/new starter and battery. It has a new Edelbrock electric choke carburetor but also comes with the original carb. .All the front chrome pieces have been re chromed and only the back bumper still requires re-plating. Nice tires on Chevy Ralley rims. The car looks totally stock under the hood and it comes with the original motor and transmission. it also come with the original wheels and hubcaps. The paint job is old as it was redone sometime in the mid 1970`s in California along with the interior before it came to Canada. it comes with the factory hardtop but no convertible top or frame. It has BC registration.
The gauges all work but the speedometer needs a longer speedo cable to accommodate the upgrade to 4 speed shifter. All the doors /trunk still locks and the lights function fine.. The car has zero rust. Not many of these come up for sale. If you have cash and you`ve already talked with your wife then give me a call at 604-313-3137

Last edited by Revfan; 07-08-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Odd color but if the description holds up it appears to be a great deal - and a hardtop too... You would have to figure the price of a soft top and frame if you want that option but even so sounds pretty nice.... Sellers always say 'rust free' but I would want to confirm condition of the frame; especially rear kick ups and the state of the electrical wiring. If its original might be some serious bucks to rewire.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:14 AM
wilbur
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 45 Posts

Judging by the description in my opinion the price seems really good.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

I went with a C2... but I have had so much fun "lookin" over the last 13 months that I can't help myself....

I think there are a few Canadian members here though....

Old 07-08-2013, 11:25 AM
MrPbody
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is an odd color, but if it's as described I'd say that's a very decent price for that car.
right or wrong, I tend to also look at things in the background of a photo however, and this one makes me wonder how the car was stored, as well as how well the car was "upgraded". could be all wrong, but it's something I look at, and conceder in the equation.

Just force of habit to look now, isn't it Revfan.

Russ
Old 07-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Yes... force of habit. I am starting to look for 67' parts now though!

I had forgot to post the CL Ad in the OP... so here it is

1960 for $31K in ?

This might be California.. not Canada (but fond it on a BC Clist post

Get notified of new replies

To Thoughts On this 60 FS in BC?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thoughts On this 60 FS in BC?