C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Parking Light Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:49 PM
saraholt61
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Light Troubles

When I activate my left turn signal both lights front and rear on the left side work(blink) but when I pull out the light switch half way to activate the parking lights the front left light does not work.Obviously the bulb and wiring are ok-can the problem be the light switch,although all the other 3 lights function properly when the switch is activated.Any help would be appreciated.thanks.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 PM
rongold
Drifting

Location: Putnam Valley, New York. Amateur Radio Operator K2NS
Received 167 Likes on 119 Posts

Default Signals

Originally Posted by saraholt61
When I activate my left turn signal both lights front and rear on the left side work(blink) but when I pull out the light switch half way to activate the parking lights the front left light does not work.Obviously the bulb and wiring are ok-can the problem be the light switch,although all the other 3 lights function properly when the switch is activated.Any help would be appreciated.thanks.
You've got a bad ground at that left parking lamp.

RON
Old 04-13-2011, 08:16 PM
LB66383
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

You have a bad bulb. The parking light and the turn signal in the front parking lamp assembly use different filaments. It takes an 1157 bulb that has two contacts and two filaments.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:51 PM
saraholt61
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LB66383
You have a bad bulb. The parking light and the turn signal in the front parking lamp assembly use different filaments. It takes an 1157 bulb that has two contacts and two filaments.
Great info-I will change the bulb-thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Parking Light Troubles

Quick Reply: Parking Light Troubles