C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

VIDEO - The Quest - 1960 LeMans Corvette Winner

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:22 PM
56 Texas
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Default VIDEO - The Quest - 1960 LeMans Corvette Winner

a fellow club member of the local Tri Five Chevy club I belong to is also an addicted Corvette fien, along with a extremely talented video producer, Michael Brown has poured his heart and soul into his upcoming release to be shown first at Carlisle on May 6th, I hope those that are able to attend Carlisle will use this opportunity to view the film, it should be a moving and well done story on this special Lemans winning 1960 Vette, view the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTfr6jaP1zI

Old 03-23-2011, 11:21 PM
56 Texas
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

actually Michael sent me another link that explains even more about the premiere at Carlisle, you need to get tickets NOW ... !

http://questdocumentary.com/
Old 03-23-2011, 11:44 PM
SILENT BOB
Burning Brakes

Location: Tank sticker? I ain't got no tank sticker! I don't need no tank sticker! I don't have to show any stinking tank sticker!
Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Not to take anything away from the great effort by the Millers to present the story of car #3, but one must remember that John Fitch had a co-driver, Bob Grossman. The following is a quote from "Driving Le Mans" by Bob Grossman as told to Michael Frank, March 5, 2000.

" Then it started to rain. Two of the Corvettes crashed. That left one Corvette, which I was co-driving with John Fitch. The car required very frequent pit stops...once every hour and a half, because we had the biggest engine, a real gas-guzzler. When I took over for the final run, Fitch said, "watch the temperature, it's creeping up". No sooner had I taken the wheel, the temperature gauge pegged. Le Mans has a lot of rules...you can't add fluids unless you are at a scheduled stop for gas, so I had to find a way to finish. It was my job to do that: imagine the whole million dollar effort, fifty people involved, and not even finishing. I would stop every few laps, the crew had some dry ice which was being used to keep the Cokes cold...they'd pack some ice around the head, and I'd be off. It was like walking on eggs, but I brought it home. I won the GT class, just as the engine gave out, a very dramatic finish. There were a lot of American GI's at that race, we had more attention than the winners!

I believe Bob died in 2002. I hope that he is mentioned in the full movie.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:47 PM
timcurl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob grossman

Trust me, Bob...after you've seen the film, you'll see that Grossman got the 'full treatment'...you'll learn a little about his background, early life and what he felt about driving the #3 car in the 1960 LeMans race...and also, his first hand account of the 'ice incident'...with supporting visuals of how it all unfolded.

Be patient! You'll see...and thanks for your interest.

Michael Brown
Producer/Director
'THE QUEST'

Get notified of new replies

To VIDEO - The Quest - 1960 LeMans Corvette Winner

Quick Reply: VIDEO - The Quest - 1960 LeMans Corvette Winner