C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

How bout this for snobbery.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 07:39 AM
raypilot65
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Default How bout this for snobbery.

From NCRS:

#1 Yesterday, 11:47 PM
Mark Stahl (52574)
Frequent User Join Date: December 17th, 2010

Cf Sinks To New Low,,,,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to laugh at the other forum for even considering this company as a supporting vendor! http://www.oldchevydocumentation.com/ Perhaps they will get a Block stamping company next!

The way he talks with distain for us, I picture him sitting in his Library with his corvette and he's wearing a smoking jacket having high tea. Then again, check out his join date.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:48 AM
corvette-62
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you saying NCRS recommends this vendor?? "Red flags" went up as I read...."The accuracy of our Chevrolet documentation is achieved by using the most advanced aging techniques together with dead on correct fonts, type, texture, and color of paper matched completely to the original GM document. Each item is meticulously hand crafted and never computer generated. Each document is made to the customers specifications and when completed you would swear you just pulled these out of a 50 year old Chevy glove box."

That's right just pull the wool over somebody's eyes on that "documented" big block you're trying to sell!!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 AM
raypilot65
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by corvette-62
Are you saying NCRS recommends this vendor?? "Red flags" went up as I read...."The accuracy of our Chevrolet documentation is achieved by using the most advanced aging techniques together with dead on correct fonts, type, texture, and color of paper matched completely to the original GM document. Each item is meticulously hand crafted and never computer generated. Each document is made to the customers specifications and when completed you would swear you just pulled these out of a 50 year old Chevy glove box."

That's right just pull the wool over somebody's eyes on that "documented" big block you're trying to sell!!
No, he (The NCRS Guy) is saying that CF stooped low to allow this vendor. Apparently they are a supporting vendor here! I'm saying to him, get off your high horse, (3 month menmber of NCRS) there are probably many members of NCRS that have used that company's services or others like them.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:36 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

how many NCRS members got screwed while Goat Hill was advertising in the Driveline? at least with the "paper work" guy you get what you paid for...
Old 02-26-2011, 08:57 AM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Eh, it's the opinion of one person.

There are multiple forums whose members blast the CF routinely in their posts. One forum spends a lot of time drawing comparisons between CF moderators, and ****'s.

Not everyone will like you or your choices, it's OK.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:02 AM
vette54728702
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 62Jeff

There are multiple forums whose members blast the CF routinely in their posts. One forum spends a lot of time drawing comparisons between CF moderators, and ****'s.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:00 AM
wolfman64
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 181 Posts
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified

The only thing that bothers me is that someone selling...."dead on correct type, fonts, texture...." etc documentation....would at least take the effort to proof read his own home page lead paragraph and capitalize "Chevrolet" in two places.....I didn't read on any further!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:07 AM
65tripleblack
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by 62Jeff

Trouble is, is that there are too many NCRS types who swallow that shlt hook, line and sinker. OK by me to defend yourself against this pompous, mouth-breathin' a-hole.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:15 AM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

There are plenty of replies to that post on the NCRS site that are negative towards the person that started the thread and I agree, he's a tool.

Jim

Last edited by 1snake; 02-26-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:19 AM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 985 Likes on 492 Posts

No mention of tea bags or coffee filters used in the accelerated aging process ...
Old 02-26-2011, 10:25 AM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 65tripleblack
Trouble is, is that there are too many NCRS types who swallow that shlt hook, line and sinker. OK by me to defend yourself against this pompous, mouth-breathin' a-hole.
And to be fair there are plenty of CF members that categorically denigrate the entire NCRS based on the actions of a few.

From what I've seen on multiple forums, there's enough "class" snobbery to go around for everyone. I try not to get too spun up about it, or form wide sweeping opinions based on the actions of a vocal minority.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:26 AM
bb62
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

Actually, I'm one who agrees with the NCRS guy's opinion. There is only ONE reason to want to have fake documentation - and that is to commit fraud by selling a vehicle that is not what it purports to be. Every fraudulent sale ends up hurting the hobby. Once the new owner finds out his error, it is no longer about the car but about getting taken. It becomes about lawsuits or general bitterness with the owner often selling the car and vacating the hobby.

Remember, NCRS doesn't judge documentation. They judge the vehicle based on a standard which is the appearance of factory production.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:32 AM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bb62
Remember, NCRS doesn't judge documentation. They judge the vehicle based on a standard which is the appearance of factory production.
It is indeed judged and worth a total of 10 points on the interior section under glove compartment contents.

Jim
Old 02-26-2011, 10:34 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,584 Likes on 2,169 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I actually chimed in on that thread over there. My focus was on the volume of paperwork that is now available with big block cars that are being sold. Most of us who have been around the hobby for a long time know where most of the paperwork on new cars in the 60's and 70's went....in the wastebasket right next to the air pumps and distributor shielding. Over the last few years it seems all of the big block cars for sale have aged window and tank stickers. Many of the new to the hobby buyers are insistent on the paperwork even though most of it is fraudulent. No substitute for doing your homework and due diligence when buying a car.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:59 AM
bb62
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by 1snake
It is indeed judged and worth a total of 10 points on the interior section under glove compartment contents.

Jim
The information in the glove box is not "documentation". Documentation by definition is meant as evidence that a car is what it is shown as. There is nothing in the glove box that denotes serial numbers and equipment that ties to a specific serial number.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:07 AM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bb62
The information in the glove box is not "documentation". Documentation by definition is meant as evidence that a car is what it is shown as. There is nothing in the glove box that denotes serial numbers and equipment that ties to a specific serial number.
Except the owners manual and the POP (contains all the info you listed) for 65's and up. The dealer pre-delivery inspection sheet (with serial number) was in my glove box at delivery but I don't know if that is one of the items judged under "contents".

Jim
Old 02-26-2011, 11:21 AM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

so while I don't condone fraud, I don't really see a big deal with it.. We all know that there are many fake BB's out their and I'm willing to bet that NCRS know's about some of them but let them slide or look the other way depending on "who" it is..

Human Nature, and I don't know of anyone on this planet that can fix that..

Get notified of new replies

To How bout this for snobbery.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Easy Rider 1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really think companies like this ought to be illegal unless they clearly mark the documents as reproductions. Other than the people who like to have window stickers to display at a show, they have no other purpose except to aid in a fraud.
I looked at a car to buy last year and the seller was very proud of the fact that he had the "original" window sticker from the previous owner. It was an obvious fake. He honestly believed it was original and I didnt have the heart to tell him otherwise. After I thought about it, I emailed him and told him. He stopped advertising the sticker with his car, so I know he was an honest guy who got duped.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:28 AM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

In regards to glove box paperwork, it was the POP that helped me prove that I had a typo trim tag. The POP shows VIN, engine type and color as well as other items. Photos show that color on POP is code 983 and trim tag shows code 984.Also included photo of build sheet.
Rick

Old 02-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by joec
so while I don't condone fraud, I don't really see a big deal with it.. We all know that there are many fake BB's out their and I'm willing to bet that NCRS know's about some of them but let them slide or look the other way depending on "who" it is..

Human Nature, and I don't know of anyone on this planet that can fix that..

Hey Joe-

I'm having trouble finding the spot(s) on the judging sheets where a decision is made whether a car is a clone or not. I also can't find where it says that NCRS has authenticated the car, any detail of the car or it's paperwork.

Can you help me please, I'm still learning.

Quick Reply: How bout this for snobbery.