C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Greg Wyatt's Vintage Corvettes Store

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 08:19 AM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,591 Likes on 823 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Greg Wyatt's Vintage Corvettes Store

We arrived in FL on Thursday and are happy to leave the MN snow, ice, and cold behind for the next 2 months (we had 30" of snow in our yard when we left). On the way down we took a short detour off I-75 to visit Greg Wyatt's Corvette store in Summerville, GA. Greg is a very nice guy and spent over an hour showing us his cars. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a nicer collection of high quality cars anywhere. Everything here is top notch. My wife took a few pictures (I was too busy looking at the cars):

This is me getting fitted for a C2:

Me again. This time getting fitted for an absolutely stunning fawn/red '61:

'66 Mosport Bloomington Gold Survivor with 40K miles. That's a triple black, numbers matching, NCRS Top Flight and Bloomington Gold '64 in the background.

Blues Brothers keeping a watch over everything. The showroom has about 2 dozen cars along with lots of memorabilia and other cool stuff including a Texaco station and 4 old airplanes.

BTW, my wife wants to go back there again. I'm taking that as a positive sign .

-- Steve
Old 01-02-2011, 08:25 AM
65air_coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 365 Likes on 181 Posts

I'm going to put his place on my bucket list! Very nice.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:39 AM
markiemyster
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Default Punta Gorda Muscle Car City

Since your down there for 2 months you might want to visit muscle car city. I think he said there were 204 cars. I went there in November and it was awesome. There must have been 60 vettes from 1954 up. But mostly C1 and C2's.
It's in a vacant department store so it is pretty big.
Below is the link if you're interested.

Have a warm winter Mark

http://www.musclecarcity.net/

Last edited by markiemyster; 01-02-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Bill Lacy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Greg is a GREAT guy and has a really neat store. If you are in the area you stop in and see it. Heres his web site. http://www.vintagecorvettes.com/

Bill
Old 01-02-2011, 09:49 AM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 985 Likes on 492 Posts

Whenever I take my Sting Ray or my '64 Riviera to a car show I think that one of the best things that I can do is let spectators sit in my car. I wish that folks would allow me to do that more often, it lets me know that I can "fit" into a car that I have always liked. It's great that Greg let you check your "fit" in his cars, it's much more fun than just looking at 'em.

Ray
Old 01-02-2011, 10:04 AM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by markiemyster
Since your down there for 2 months you might want to visit muscle car city. I think he said there were 204 cars. I went there in November and it was awesome. There must have been 60 vettes from 1954 up. But mostly C1 and C2's.
It's in a vacant department store so it is pretty big.
Below is the link if you're interested.

Have a warm winter Mark

http://www.musclecarcity.net/
Thanks, Mark. That does look like a cool place to visit. Punta Gorda is about 160 miles from us. I think my wife has plans for a trip over that way. If so, I will definitely check it out. Gotta be careful, though. She's on board with learning about Corvettes and buying one but I don't want to burn her out with too much all at once to the point she hates them. I would have liked to stop at the NCM on the way down in addition to Greg's place but I'm saving that for the trip home in March.

I must say she's coming along nicely, though. She really liked the ones at Greg's with the "stripes on the hood" .

-- Steve
Old 01-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greg is about 15 miles from me. I keep an eye on his website and drool on my keyboard.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:16 AM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rayvaflav
Whenever I take my Sting Ray or my '64 Riviera to a car show I think that one of the best things that I can do is let spectators sit in my car. I wish that folks would allow me to do that more often, it lets me know that I can "fit" into a car that I have always liked. It's great that Greg let you check your "fit" in his cars, it's much more fun than just looking at 'em.

Ray
Yes, it was very nice of him to let us sit in his cars (BTW, these are his cars. He owns them . . . no consignments). Of course, we asked first. But he didn't mind at all. And we made sure to put the seat belts back just the way we found them, etc.

Trying on the cars answered some important questions. When we got married, I had a '69 Torino GT with a 4-speed. I ended up selling it because my wife is short and couldn't depress the clutch all the way to the floor. By "trying on" the C1 and the C2, we discovered she has the same problem with the C1 but not with the C2. I also fit better in the C2 than the C1.

He has a white '65 with a maroon (1 year only) interior coming in as soon as the restoration is complete. I'd love to see it. I think he said it has PS, PB, and factory A/C (not positive about the A/C).

-- Steve
Old 01-02-2011, 10:27 AM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost
Greg is about 15 miles from me. I keep an eye on his website and drool on my keyboard.
You mentioned that awhile back in response to another post I made about his store. I told Greg there's someone on the Corvette Forum with the screen name Grey Ghost who lives nearby and who speaks highly of him and his cars. He didn't recognize your screen name and I didn't know your real name .

It's amazing you're that close to him. As you know, his place is really out in the boonies. Since you're that close, maybe you'd consider letting me hire you to check out a car for me when the time comes?

-- Steve
Old 01-02-2011, 12:36 PM
sub006
Race Director

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by RatDog
Yes, it was very nice of him to let us sit in his cars (BTW, these are his cars. He owns them . . . no consignments). Of course, we asked first. But he didn't mind at all. And we made sure to put the seat belts back just the way we found them, etc.

Trying on the cars answered some important questions. When we got married, I had a '69 Torino GT with a 4-speed. I ended up selling it because my wife is short and couldn't depress the clutch all the way to the floor. By "trying on" the C1 and the C2, we discovered she has the same problem with the C1 but not with the C2. I also fit better in the C2 than the C1.

He has a white '65 with a maroon (1 year only) interior coming in as soon as the restoration is complete. I'd love to see it. I think he said it has PS, PB, and factory A/C (not positive about the A/C).

-- Steve
She's willing to drive a stick? Definitely a keeper!
Old 01-02-2011, 01:04 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by sub006
She's willing to drive a stick? Definitely a keeper!
Get this . . . not only is she willing to drive a stick, she actually WANTS to drive a stick . She drives one now (Turbo Eclipse Spyder). She's volunteered to give up that car to make room in the garage for a Corvette. The only stipulations are that it be a convertible and that she gets to drive it.

Yes, she's a keeper!

-- Steve
Old 01-02-2011, 01:27 PM
LoveTheClassics
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup... I bought my '58 from Greg.

When I was shopping for my baby, Greg's quality was light years beyond everywhere else I looked.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

Grey Ghost is my real name

Hit me up anytime you need help. I can tell you the good places to eat here, and the Civil War history of the area If you went out Hwy. 136 to Summerville. You went along the same route that the Federal army marched to engage the Confederates at Resaca, GA. in May, 1864. First major battle of the Atlanta Campaign.

Originally Posted by RatDog
You mentioned that awhile back in response to another post I made about his store. I told Greg there's someone on the Corvette Forum with the screen name Grey Ghost who lives nearby and who speaks highly of him and his cars. He didn't recognize your screen name and I didn't know your real name .

It's amazing you're that close to him. As you know, his place is really out in the boonies. Since you're that close, maybe you'd consider letting me hire you to check out a car for me when the time comes?

-- Steve
Old 01-02-2011, 08:00 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Grey Ghost is my real name

Hit me up anytime you need help. I can tell you the good places to eat here, and the Civil War history of the area If you went out Hwy. 136 to Summerville. You went along the same route that the Federal army marched to engage the Confederates at Resaca, GA. in May, 1864. First major battle of the Atlanta Campaign.
OK, Mr. Ghost . . . or can I call you Grey?

Thanks for the kind offer of assistance. My wife has a bit of interest in Civil War history. Her great grandfather was a prisoner at Andersonville. She has another relative who was part of the detail responsible for protecting President Lincoln (I kid her about him not being very good at his job ).

I can't remember what road we were on coming into into Summerville. I know we started out on US 27 from Chattanooga but when we got closer to Summerville, my GPS lost signal and I was traveling on guesswork. I do remember we drove through a huge battlefield area with lots of monuments and field artillery. My wife, who is an amateur photographer, wanted to stop so she could take pictures but we had an appointment with Greg I was trying to make. She made me promise we'd come back again when we had more time to look around. I told her we'll do the tourist thing when we come back to pick up a car .

Take care,
-- Steve
Old 01-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

Steve - That was, Chickamauga Battlefield, that you passed through.

http://www.nps.gov/chch/index.htm

If you haven't been there. You should also visit the Andersonville NPS on your return trip. I'm a CW reenactor. I've actually camped inside the stockade at Andersonville, and on the grounds of many of the battlefields.

Safe travels ! Let me know, when you pass through. I'm about an hour north of Atl. I do the amateur photography thing too. Here is one from Chickamauga, last Fall.

Jerry

Old 01-03-2011, 08:05 AM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Steve - That was, Chickamauga Battlefield, that you passed through.

http://www.nps.gov/chch/index.htm

If you haven't been there. You should also visit the Andersonville NPS on your return trip. I'm a CW reenactor. I've actually camped inside the stockade at Andersonville, and on the grounds of many of the battlefields.

Safe travels ! Let me know, when you pass through. I'm about an hour north of Atl. I do the amateur photography thing too. Here is one from Chickamauga, last Fall.

Jerry

Nice photo, Jerry. Showed it to my wife. She's impressed.

They do an annual reenactment of the Battle of Olustee near where we used to live in FL. I've never seen it in person but I've seen videos of it. Pretty amazing. We saw the Lookout Mountain battle site on our way back to MN last year.

I'll definitely let you know next time we come through your area. It won't be on our way home to MN in March, however, since we'll be routing our drive through Texas. Maybe if I go back to Greg's to buy a Corvette (had to add that car reference since I seem to have highjacked my own thread).

-- Steve
Old 01-03-2011, 09:32 AM
amtronic1
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for coming to Florida! Two requests -- spend lots of money, and get the hell out of the way, us natives got places to go.

Get notified of new replies

To Greg Wyatt's Vintage Corvettes Store

Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

Steve - Yep, Olustee, we do that one every year. The unit we portray actually fought there and there is a small monument dedicated to the unit.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Not a Vette
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First post here and just wanted to say thank you to all. I purchased a car recently from Greg Wyatt as a gift for my wife (a '67 Camaro convertible SS 396 clone) and in large part this forum was responsible for providing quite a bit of assurance that Greg is one of the good guys. A visit to his collection sealed the deal. Greg is an outstanding person to do business with and has a great collection - the cars and facilities are incredible. Like others mentioned, his place is a bit off the beaten path, but well worth the trip. I will not hesitate to contact him if I'm ever in the market for a vintage Corvette.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:11 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Welcome, Not a Vette. That's a very nice Camero. We saw it when we were at Greg's place in December. My wife really liked it. I bet your wife was thrilled.

I believe the red '62 resto rod behind it is one that sold a week or so ago.

BTW, both the fawn/red C1 and the yellow/black C2 with me sitting in them at Greg's that I posted at the beginning of this thread were sold shortly after we visited his store. He's also sold 7 or 8 more cars since I made that post . . . so, I have an open invitation from him to come back and sit in his cars anytime I want to . His cars are top of the line.

-- Steve

Quick Reply: Greg Wyatt's Vintage Corvettes Store