Go Back   Corvette Forum > C1 & C2 Corvettes, 1953 - 1967 > C1 & C2 Corvettes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C1 & C2 Corvettes
General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations Sponsored by
Flaming River
Industries

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
64tux
CF Senior Member
 
64tux's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: MANCHESTER IOWA
Default B code rally wheels

I'VE GOT A SET OF 4 code B RALLY WHEELS with a 8 66 date [august 1966] [ need to be cleaned up and painted]

also have the trim rings; oval air hole- 4 s clips on back. [ not perfect but close ]
and 4 center caps that are also orig. [ disc. brake ornament ] perfect shape.
came anyone tell me what i should ask for them?? THANKS !!RAY
64tux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
rongold
CF Senior Member
 
rongold's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: Putnam Valley, New York. Amateur Radio Operator KA2IIA
Default Ralley Wheels

If I remember correctly, all ralley wheels had a 2 letter code, not 1 letter. This code is stamped into the wheel right next to the valve stem. Take another look. I have a chart, and there's nothing with a 1 letter code.


RON




__________________
Ron Goldstein
Putnam Valley, New York
Amateur Radio Operator KA2IIA--Since 1980
1967 427/435HP Convertible----Since 1974
rongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
rongold
CF Senior Member
 
rongold's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: Putnam Valley, New York. Amateur Radio Operator KA2IIA
Default Ralley wheel chart

GM Rally Wheels

XA 14X5 B-3 1/2 67 Chevy II with drum brakes
DA 14X5 B-3 7/8 67 Chevy II RALLY with disc brakes
DG 14X6 67 Camero & Chevelle with dics brakes
XB 14X6 B-4 3/8 67 Chevelle SS, 68-69 Chevelle with F-70 Tires, 70 Chevelle
XN 14X6 B-3 3/4 68-69 Camero & Nova with drum brakes. Different shaped outer
AE 14X6 B-4 3/8 70 Chevelle Station Wagon
XG 14X6 B-3 7/8 68-69 Camero with dics brakes, 68-70 Chevy II/ Nova with disc brakes, 69-69 El Camino without disc brakes. Wider drop center than normal
DE 14X6 B-4 3/8 71-72 Nova & Chevelle, 6 hole wheels
YW 14X6 B-4 3/8 Exactly like XB, may have come on same cars
YJ 14X7 B-4 3/8 69 Camero/ Chevy II L72- ZL1, 70 Nova
AV 14X7 70-72 Camero, 71-72 Nova, 6 hole wheel
XT 14X7 L72- ZL1 Non Rally Wheel
YA 14X7 B-4 3/8 69 Chevelle SS Wheel
AO 14X7 B-4 3/8 70 Camero &69 Chevelle SS Wheel
DB 15X5 67 Passenger Cars with disc brakes.
DF 15X6 B-4 1/16 67-68 Camero Z28
DC (BIG) 15X6 B-3 1/2 67 Corvette, No other stampings on rim
DC 15X6 B-3 1/2 68-70 Passenger car, 67 Passenger car (early models)
FI 15X6 B-3 1/2 68-70 Passenger car, 67 Passenger car (later models) Rivited instead of welded together
YS 15X6 B-3 1/2 68-70 El Camino
FW 15X7 B-4 1/4 71-up most any GM
AG 15X7 B-3 3/4 68 Corvette (will take 15x8 Beauty rings)
YH 15X7 B-4 1/4 L72- ZL1 Z28 Rally 69 narrow drop center
AD 15X7 B-4 1/4 L72- ZL1 Z28 Rally 68 wide drop center
AV 15X7 70, 71, 73 CAMARO Z28 5 spoke wheel
AZ 15X8 B-4 69-82 Corvette

Here are a few extra notes:
* All the rally wheels made in 1967 have big marking letters, no date code, a little bit different shaped center and slightly bigger holes in the center.
* The 15x7 beauty ring will go on all the 15x6 wheels.
* All the hubcaps interchange with each other.
rongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Brian VH McHale
CF Senior Member
 
Brian VH McHale's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2001
Location: LI NY NY
Default

1000.00
Brian VH McHale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
wombvette
CF Senior Member
 
wombvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2000
Location: New Hill NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongold View Post
GM Rally Wheels

XA 14X5 B-3 1/2 67 Chevy II with drum brakes
DA 14X5 B-3 7/8 67 Chevy II RALLY with disc brakes
DG 14X6 67 Camero & Chevelle with dics brakes
XB 14X6 B-4 3/8 67 Chevelle SS, 68-69 Chevelle with F-70 Tires, 70 Chevelle
XN 14X6 B-3 3/4 68-69 Camero & Nova with drum brakes. Different shaped outer
AE 14X6 B-4 3/8 70 Chevelle Station Wagon
XG 14X6 B-3 7/8 68-69 Camero with dics brakes, 68-70 Chevy II/ Nova with disc brakes, 69-69 El Camino without disc brakes. Wider drop center than normal
DE 14X6 B-4 3/8 71-72 Nova & Chevelle, 6 hole wheels
YW 14X6 B-4 3/8 Exactly like XB, may have come on same cars
YJ 14X7 B-4 3/8 69 Camero/ Chevy II L72- ZL1, 70 Nova
AV 14X7 70-72 Camero, 71-72 Nova, 6 hole wheel
XT 14X7 L72- ZL1 Non Rally Wheel
YA 14X7 B-4 3/8 69 Chevelle SS Wheel
AO 14X7 B-4 3/8 70 Camero &69 Chevelle SS Wheel
DB 15X5 67 Passenger Cars with disc brakes.
DF 15X6 B-4 1/16 67-68 Camero Z28
DC (BIG) 15X6 B-3 1/2 67 Corvette, No other stampings on rim
DC 15X6 B-3 1/2 68-70 Passenger car, 67 Passenger car (early models)
FI 15X6 B-3 1/2 68-70 Passenger car, 67 Passenger car (later models) Rivited instead of welded together
YS 15X6 B-3 1/2 68-70 El Camino
FW 15X7 B-4 1/4 71-up most any GM
AG 15X7 B-3 3/4 68 Corvette (will take 15x8 Beauty rings)
YH 15X7 B-4 1/4 L72- ZL1 Z28 Rally 69 narrow drop center
AD 15X7 B-4 1/4 L72- ZL1 Z28 Rally 68 wide drop center
AV 15X7 70, 71, 73 CAMARO Z28 5 spoke wheel
AZ 15X8 B-4 69-82 Corvette

Here are a few extra notes:
* All the rally wheels made in 1967 have big marking letters, no date code, a little bit different shaped center and slightly bigger holes in the center.
* The 15x7 beauty ring will go on all the 15x6 wheels.
* All the hubcaps interchange with each other.
Your list is incomplete and not totally correct in some cases.

B is an early 67 code.

Last edited by wombvette; 10-12-2010 at 09:14 PM.
wombvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
wombvette
CF Senior Member
 
wombvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2000
Location: New Hill NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VH McHale View Post
1000.00
Maybe, but it would only be correct for very early cars which cuts the demand down some. About 1500 cars.


The DC or DG is correct for many more cars.
wombvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #7
Stingray1967
CF Senior Member
 
Stingray1967's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Default

I can't comment on the value, but I do have an early 67 with a set of B wheels also.

The B wheels are correct for NCRS judging 67 cars up through the first 1,500 or so. (going from memory on the count, might be closer to 2,000, not in front of my info right now)

The trick is only the SPARE date stamp can be seen during judging. So the wheels that are on the car aren't judged for the stamp (B, DG or DC for 67s).

HOWEVER, the original 4 clip trim rings are more valuable and have a more broad customer base as they are correct for ANY 67 with rally wheels.

When you go to sell them, make sure you put up detailed pictures, and I think you'll have people lined up for them.
Stingray1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #8
64tux
CF Senior Member
 
64tux's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: MANCHESTER IOWA
Default

thanks for your comments guys. if the rims are only on 1500 cars, that means there are less of them. [ rarer ] how many of those 1500 cars are NOT correct, maybe 90%. so that leaves 150 cars that would what them. how many orig. rims are left?
i guess i'll put a price on them and if they don't sell i'll put them on my car every now and then for a different look. THANKS! RAY
64tux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:59 AM   #9
rongold
CF Senior Member
 
rongold's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: Putnam Valley, New York. Amateur Radio Operator KA2IIA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombvette View Post
Your list is incomplete and not totally correct in some cases.

B is an early 67 code.
The list came off the forum---I did not make it up.


RON
rongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #10
64tux
CF Senior Member
 
64tux's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: MANCHESTER IOWA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongold View Post
The list came off the forum---I did not make it up.

RON
thats ok. i thank you for trying to help. JOHN Z said they were early 67 and his word is pretty good!
64tux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
JohnZ
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Oct 2000
Location: Washington Michigan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray1967 View Post
The trick is only the SPARE date stamp can be seen during judging. So the wheels that are on the car aren't judged for the stamp (B, DG or DC for 67s).
'67 rally wheels didn't have any date codes stamped on the rim flange adjacent to the valve stem hole; that didn't start until 1968. Any "DC" or "DG" rally wheel with a date code stamping is a later Service replacement wheel.
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #12
64tux
CF Senior Member
 
64tux's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: MANCHESTER IOWA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
'67 rally wheels didn't have any date codes stamped on the rim flange adjacent to the valve stem hole; that didn't start until 1968. Any "DC" or "DG" rally wheel with a date code stamping is a later Service replacement wheel.
i have a date stamp under the tire, in the middle of the rim. right next to a stamp for [ keley-hayes tires ]
64tux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #13
67L36Driver
CF Senior Member
 
67L36Driver's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2003
Location: St. Joseph Mo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombvette View Post
Your list is incomplete and not totally correct in some cases.

B is an early 67 code.
Yup, B code is correct for early '67s. #932 has set of 'B' code wheels.




Whoever originally posted that list didn't do enough homework. Now it's taken root in cyberspace.
67L36Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #14
67L88
CF Senior Member
 
67L88's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2008
Location: Palatine IL
Default

[QUOTE=67L36Driver;1575614246]Yup, B code is correct for early '67s. #932 has set of 'B' code wheels.
Our cars were probobly on the line at the same time -- I've got #940 I also have "B" code wheels -- only 2 -- but I'm looking to sell them if anybody's interested.

Lowell
67L88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #15
ricks327
CF Senior Member
 
ricks327's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Beverly Hills Mi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64tux View Post
i have a date stamp under the tire, in the middle of the rim. right next to a stamp for [ keley-hayes tires ]

here is a picture of my 67 DC wheel with the date code on the inside of the wheel (under the tire).
Rick

Click the image to open in full size.
ricks327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:48 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C1 & C2 Corvettes, 1953 - 1967 > C1 & C2 Corvettes
Reload this Page B code rally wheels
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
15x8, 69, ao, camero, code, corvette, date, dc, dg, ralley, rally, rims, sale, valuable, wheel, wheels


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 AM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2