C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

The car is packed 48 states await

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 408 Likes on 262 Posts

Default The car is packed 48 states await

Hi, Well, the car is done mechanically and today we packed a 66 roadster with gear to keep me going for 3 months. I leave on the morning tide. a long awaited 48 state journey with my car.

I thank all of the forum members who have helped me many times over the last 2 years. It will really fun to meet many of you in the upcoming months. I hope some of you, (you know who) have been doing their little timetables about their car and life.

Members who I may visit on my trip, be a little patient with me for the first week or so. I am using new computer and internet stuff for this trip and it will take a little time to get it all working on the road.

Thanks again, see you soon

Jack

PS

I am including three links for those who wish to follow the adventure.

One is the projected route and actual one :

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...,86.044922&z=4

This is my blog where I will post daily events and travels
you can follow my trip and travel dates to states by clicking on the link (travel calender) just below the picture of the car.

http://jackpanzica.blogspot.com/

I thought you might like to see what it looks like to pack for the trip

Last edited by Jackfit; 08-11-2015 at 10:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Eric Cahill (03-15-2022)

Popular Reply

03-18-2022, 07:53 AM
MarkC
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 321 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I am bringing this thread back to the top. There is is some really good information in this thread. Steve, can we make it a sticky again as we honor Jack?
Old 08-01-2010, 09:57 PM
365GTB4
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am really jealous! Have a great trip and I will watch for your posts.

JW. in Redlands, CA
Old 08-01-2010, 09:58 PM
vettefred
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 251 Likes on 156 Posts

Bon Voyage Jackfit. Have a very fun and safe journey. We will be looking for you in North Carolina!

Fred
Old 08-01-2010, 10:00 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Jack,

Sweet!! Look forward to following your adventure. Do hope as you get into Michigan that I'll be able to hook up/meet you. If you end up in the Clinton Township area of MI and you need a peace-of-mind look/work on the undercarriage of your jewel, I've got a 4-post lift to aid in that effort.

Peace and safe driving to you!

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:02 PM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,685 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Ohio Events Coordinator
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Looking foreward to seeing you in the Columbus, Ohio area. Good luck and if you need anything, just lets us know.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:09 PM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

Good luck Jack. Looking forward to meeting you and "shooting the bull". The lift is empty for any needed repairs/oil change/etc. and to park your car.
See ya in Sept.

Jim
Old 08-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Avispa
Safety Car

Received 885 Likes on 634 Posts

I am really impressed with all the gear you got in the compartment behind the seats. May have to stop complaining that these cars are useless cuz they don't hold much.

Wishing you the very very best of luck on your trip and hope it is everthing you expect to get out of it.

If your plans call for a visit to the Houston area, I'm sure a few fellow CF members will make themselves available to greet you. I know I will. How many Texans you run into that ever heard of Belfast and have been to Lincolnville beach? I may just have to strap myself to your decklid and ride back with you.

It may be somewhat off your route, but there is a gathering of classic and other cars every Saturday night at Otto's Barbecue in Stafford (on U.S. 59 about 20 miles SW of downtown Houston). The red thing is a regular and there are a few C2s that show up from time to time. One with Maine plates would have a big "wow" factor.

Have a blast and be safe.

Richard

Last edited by Avispa; 08-01-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:25 PM
RoadKing96
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jack,
Sure looks like you have all your preps in order. I assume the Vette is in an equal state of readiness. I pray you have a safe and wonderful trip around this great big ole country of ours.

Looking forward to meeting you and shaking your hand in person when you venture into our neck of the woods.
(Ignore the banjo music - they just turn it on to fun with the tourists).
Be safe,
RK
Old 08-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by vettefred
Bon Voyage Jackfit. Have a very fun and safe journey. We will be looking for you in North Carolina!

Fred
Be safe and as Fred said we look forward to you stopping here in Raliegh. There are a large number of Corvette guys here and I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a place to stay when you get here. I have a room and stocked garage if needed when you get out this way. Safe travels...

Dave
Old 08-02-2010, 06:12 AM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Avispa
I am really impressed with all the gear you got in the compartment behind the seats. May have to stop complaining that these cars are useless cuz they don't hold much.

Wishing you the very very best of luck on your trip and hope it is everthing you expect to get out of it.

If your plans call for a visit to the Houston area, I'm sure a few fellow CF members will make themselves available to greet you. I know I will. How many Texans you run into that ever heard of Belfast and have been to Lincolnville beach? I may just have to strap myself to your decklid and ride back with you.

It may be somewhat off your route, but there is a gathering of classic and other cars every Saturday night at Otto's Barbecue in Stafford (on U.S. 59 about 20 miles SW of downtown Houston). The red thing is a regular and there are a few C2s that show up from time to time. One with Maine plates would have a big "wow" factor.

Richard
Looks good packed, thank you Patti , my wife. You can imagine what it will look like the first time I unpack it.

See you soon

Jack
Old 08-02-2010, 06:18 AM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 365GTB4
I am really jealous! Have a great trip and I will watch for your posts.

JW. in Redlands, CA
California here I come. All NY, MA , Ohio, etc, etc. etc.

Thanks for your encouragement. Hint on my calender on my blog. If you go to the Itinerary and calender link just below the car picture, click on it and it will show my calender. If you click on the (agenda tab) near top of page, it will show states and dates in a short form. Easy to follow trip this way

I plan a few days in CA and the Northwest , so I hope to see many members there.

Thanks again for all the help over the last 2 years

Jack
Old 08-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Avispa

Richard
Thanks for the invite. I hope the car does not need a lift, then again, I may need one.

Jack
Old 08-02-2010, 06:55 AM
1-2-b-67L89
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

Have fun and hope to see you in Oct...... You are embarking on quite an adventure so enjoy the ride
Chick
Old 08-02-2010, 07:43 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Jack should be at my house on Cape Cod at 11AM. We have a nice group of local Corvettes coming to greet him, have lunch and see him off. Should be a few mid-years in the group. Looking forward to it
Old 08-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

All he'll need is a bathing suit and flip flops when he gets down my way so that should make things easy!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:03 AM
SledgeHammer 2.0
Drifting

Received 261 Likes on 151 Posts

That is so cool, Have a nice trip.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:36 AM
1coolC2
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1-2-b-67L89
Have fun and hope to see you in Oct...... You are embarking on quite an adventure so enjoy the ride
Chick

What a great adventure......I am truly jealous We will be following along checking on your progress and hopefully reading some great stories. Unfortunately your route does not take you out by the VA coast line, some of us SE VA guys may have to come on down to Hitch's place to meet up with ya!! I did see a stray point on your route at Manteo NC, is that a valid stop for you?? Best of luck!!!

R/
Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To The car is packed 48 states await

Old 08-02-2010, 09:52 AM
wib1961
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 71 Posts

Ahhh...I knew the Rt.66 show would never end. Godspeed and looking forward to seeing you in Oct. BTW, the RT. 66 show had TWO guy's in the car...I volunteer when you get here!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:03 AM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Have a nice and safe journey Jack
Old 08-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Moto One
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 101 Posts

Looking forward to following your Adventure (maybe a new thread called "Trips an Pic's") for those that travel in their Vetts.

Mark.

Quick Reply: The car is packed 48 states await