C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C2 barn story on E bay

Old 03-28-2002, 04:26 PM
DaBo
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C2 barn story on E bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1815648226
Read the description of the replacement and the "original" engine.
Maybe I am reading it wrong, but is he saying that the "original" engine or the replacement engine has no date stamp . :confused: :confused:

Ok, he has found a block with the correct casting number and the correct casting date.......but he says the following.

"As luck would have it the front pad has never been stamped."

It would be LUCK if he located a block with the correct stamping on the front pad.

Hope this isn't a dupe....check it out.

[Modified by DaBo, 2:31 PM 3/28/2002]
Old 03-28-2002, 05:50 PM
lyndave75
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: C2 barn story on E bay (DaBo)

With all the overspray on the intake manifold you have to wonder how good the rest of his work is.
Old 03-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Default Re: C2 barn story on E bay (lyndave75)

What he has is a correct numbered and dated replacement block with a virgin pad....original broach marks...never decked, etc. The block is dated correctly for this car. It could be stamped with his VIN and assembly suffix, and he would have a precise replacement/reproduction block, which would likely pass "muster" in NCRS and Bloomington Gold judging. Seems pretty honest to me in his description. Chuck
Old 03-28-2002, 10:17 PM
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Hub caps aren't original either. If the body and frame are as nearly as good as he indicates, might not be a bad price in the low thirties.
Old 03-29-2002, 02:23 PM
ARed64
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This car looks very nice but I think the price is little high. My thinking was that it was worth about 30K. I pulled out the May issue of Vette to look at the price guide. They say $29K for a #3 condition, which is a partially restored or good original.

However, you are always better off paying a little too much for a good car than the right price for a piece of junk. If the car is what he says it is, a few thousand more is probably worth paying. He will probably get his price.

Get notified of new replies

To C2 barn story on E bay

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C2 barn story on E bay