C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1965 corvette side exhaust cut out

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:23 AM
oseman2
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1965 corvette side exhaust cut out

Does anyone have a picture of how the rear quarter bottoms are supposed to be cut for side exhaust on a '65. I have the assy manual but would really like to see what its supposed to look like before cutting on my painted body! Also, how many (all?) of the rocker brackets are supposed to be removed. Finally, what is the proper length from the back of the side pipe cover to the end of the actual exhaust pipe (LS2 motor so exhaust will be custom fit). Thanks!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:32 PM
mredi1
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the link to my 65 conversion to LS2 and side pipes. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...-65-vette.html It is just the piece behind the wheel that needs to be cut off. We bent the rocker brackets back toward the frame. We used Allen 2.5 SS sidepipes and local muffler shop adapted them to the LS2 manifolds. There is some discussion on the exhaust and side pipes in the info. Good luck with your project. Tim
Old 07-29-2009, 01:04 PM
oseman2
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like your air filter on the 65 - who makes it? I was going to do the elbow & cone filter thing but I like the look of a central filter right out the front.

Get notified of new replies

To 1965 corvette side exhaust cut out

Quick Reply: 1965 corvette side exhaust cut out