C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Side Exhaust Cover Stimulation

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:33 PM
cat1236
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian and all. I just purchased the sidepipe covers advertised here on the forum and they are perfect. Ordered them Monday and received them today (Weds). Great turn around and I am very pleased. Have one question, the covers that were on there before were not correct and did not have the upper trim strip. Do I have to buy the retainer that goes on before the covers as shown in the assembly manual or will the trim strip slip on top of the sidepipe cover and stay with only the two end screws? Zip is the only place that I see it advertised as a "Rocker Molding & exhaust cover trim retainer." Thanks in advance. Chris
Old 05-06-2009, 09:21 PM
0Brian@CSofMD.com
Former Vendor

We are happy to offer Corvette Forum members a price of 979.00 including shipping! These are large as you know and savings can be as much as 100.00. The free shipping is for the lower 48 states. The deal is valid through May 15, 2009 and you may order them by calling us and mentioning the Forum exhaust cover deal. We will do the rest.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Trophy Blue
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious, why don't vendors or manufacturers sell the exhaust covers with the brackets already riveted in place? They are a big PITA to install.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Larry N. Johnson
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ordering today; thank you Brian!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:01 PM
0Brian@CSofMD.com
Former Vendor

Thank you Larry, glad to help. We have been real busy developing new items. We received our first shipment of side exhaust cover upper mouldings. We did not copy the GM service parts!! We have actually observed several variations, and as is usually the case, the KNOWN ORIGINALS were the cleanest and nicest. There are 3 variations that I have found in material thickness, but the most noticeable varation is the way that the "fold" of material is formed where the raised rib reduces, and meets the flat part on each end.
For forum members, we will offer our side exhaust covers WITH the upper mouldings delivered in 48 states, for 1143.00.

Quick Reply: Side Exhaust Cover Stimulation