C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

truckster is stripped of all the junk

Old 11-02-2008, 10:21 PM
paulywannafly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 374 Likes on 64 Posts

Default truckster is stripped of all the junk

the truckster is just a shadow of its former self starting to look more like a corvette with the rear uprights repaired and all the bonding strips clean as well as the floor pans . going to stick the body panels on the rear this week .
Attached Images    
The following users liked this post:
Tloner (03-10-2016)
Old 11-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the first picture with the silver car in the background!!! You know whats going to happen when they are done!

Last edited by Comp Cam 1; 11-03-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:53 PM
66since71
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I watched the videos. Its nice to see it being restored now!

I know its a long shot, but if that car had a Texas history, I know who did the incredibly bad taste custom job on it. I'll dig out my old pics to see if I can confirm that. He is quite a story..

Anyway, PM me if you can confrim it had any Texas connection..

Harry
Old 11-03-2008, 08:39 PM
paulywannafly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 374 Likes on 64 Posts

The car was registered as a jeep with a pa. reconstructed title . It was issued in 1984 . would love to know who actually built the thing he needs the cd we made of the deconstruction .
Old 11-05-2008, 06:17 PM
66since71
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by paulywannafly
The car was registered as a jeep with a pa. reconstructed title . It was issued in 1984 . would love to know who actually built the thing he needs the cd we made of the deconstruction .
What I recognized was the grill, the hood ornament and (I think) the tail light treatment. I haven't found a pic yet to confirm it... I did not recognize the flares. And the car was on the original Corvette chassis when I saw it.

The owner was in our Corvette Club in The DFW area. This dates back to between 1975 and 1980. I'd rather not name him here (PM me). He was a little touchy about being associated with the styling then. He's probably more sensitive to it now! Anyway, his wife is responsible for introducing me to my wife! So some good came from the car...

Harry

Get notified of new replies

To truckster is stripped of all the junk

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: truckster is stripped of all the junk