C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

I need the name of someone in the MidWest who can install a windshield in a C1 frame.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 05:16 PM
LabRat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I need the name of someone in the MidWest who can install a windshield in a C1 frame.

Dale at O.E.M. Glass in Bloomington Il. isn't doing it anymore and the local shop in Evansville, Indiana did about $500 in damages to my stainless trim and broke 2 windshields when they worked on it. I'm just a teeny little bit hesitant about letting them try again. <G> I need to have the frame re-seated on the glass as a soft-top I had was too tight and pulled the top trim piece away from the windshield and now I have 2 areas that leak a little near the sides. I can remove the windshield as an assembly and deliver it to a shop and pick it up when they're done. I'm afraid if I ship it it will arrive in pieces. Thanks for any help I get. :seeya
Old 01-09-2002, 03:47 PM
LabRat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: I need the name of someone in the MidWest who can install a windshield in a C1 frame. (LabRat)

Surely there's someone out there that remembers how to do this work.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:24 PM
58Mike
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: I need the name of someone in the MidWest who can install a windshield in a C1 frame. (LabRat)

I'd post at http://www.ncrs.org if nobody here has an answer.
Old 01-09-2002, 05:26 PM
Red63
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need the name of someone in the MidWest who can install a windshield in a C1 frame. (58Mike)

Vetteran Auto in crystal lake IL. Did mine. No leaks or scratches
815-455-6565
Old 01-09-2002, 10:01 PM
62fuelie
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Why don't ya do it yerself. Not all that big a job, especially if you have a helper. I have done it solo a couple of times. You are talented enough to remove the w/s assy, you can replace the glass. :D
Old 01-10-2002, 12:45 AM
Plasticman
Race Director

Received 525 Likes on 374 Posts

Default Re: I need the name of someone in the MidWest who can install a windshield in a C1 frame. (62fuelie)

I did this in November to my 62. After going through a learning curve, I posted my technique on this forum. Do a search back to then, and if you have any question, give me an E-Mail. We can go from there. Be glad to help.

Get notified of new replies

To I need the name of someone in the MidWest who can install a windshield in a C1 frame.

Quick Reply: I need the name of someone in the MidWest who can install a windshield in a C1 frame.