C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

What's the height of a BB intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 11:48 PM
edward3090
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's the height of a BB intake manifold?

I need to know the height of a 67 BB intake. Anyone have any idea of what size I need?
Old 05-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That will vary per year and model so you need to be more specific.

Also on factory intakes you need to add the front and rear heights and then divide by 2 to get what is called the pad height..

BTW if you look at the Edelbrock site they give a good example on how to measure an intake.

Going by memory only an L72 (427/425) intake pad height is 4.78 or about 4 3/4

Edelbrock and most manufactures list the pad heights of their intakes but you must know the front and rear measurements because of the angle that the motor sits at in a vette.

If you are wondering if a RPM airgap will fit the answer is yes per motor per hood (BB motor needs a BB hood)

Doug
Old 05-27-2008, 08:38 AM
StrayDog
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by edward3090
I need to know the height of a 67 BB intake. Anyone have any idea of what size I need?
I have a 66 427 ,that I have & changed intakes on over 14 years........

Went through the same concerns you have ... anyways here is what fit with no rubbing /contact with BB hood (stock) & stock air cleaner assy & filter............. Wieland Action Plus , think part # 8013 for Holley carb ............ Edelbrock # 7561 Air Gap , holley carb..... interesting edlebrock states will not fit under stock hood .............but it will fit under a stock BB hood, ..I insalled the air gap & it fits............. due to a cam change , Extreme energy 262 with a RPM range of 1300/5700.......... installed a chevy 180 alum high rise , that fits the range noted .... will have to look through paperwork but think its the same intake as on the 454/440 HP........... The Dog.

Get notified of new replies

To What's the height of a BB intake manifold?

Quick Reply: What's the height of a BB intake manifold?