C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Stinger Hood Mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 07:19 AM
oldschoolvette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stinger Hood Mod

I just put a 500+ cid motor in my car..the hood would not shut and had to be modified..I will post pics when done anybody got any pics of a modified stinger hood??
Old 10-26-2007, 08:15 AM
knight37128
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Search posts by 632C2. He has a modified hood.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:17 AM
oldschoolvette
Le Mans Master

thanks
Old 10-26-2007, 10:50 AM
NHARRISON
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood

I don't know what engine block you have - 9.8 or 10.2 tall deck. I have a 572 tall deck and it fits under stock 67 Stinger Hood. I had to change from a Single Plane Manifold to Dual Plane and this reduced height. I also had to take .400 off intake carb base.

This is a possible option if you don't want to raise hood.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:43 PM
JAF1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can take a look at my pictures for an idea. I'm in the process of repainting the car and will be replacing the hood. I changed the intake and got a drop base air cleaner. Now everything should clear.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:22 PM
oldschoolvette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Jeff Farrar
You can take a look at my pictures for an idea. I'm in the process of repainting the car and will be replacing the hood. I changed the intake and got a drop base air cleaner. Now everything should clear.
Looks good I have the problem with the intake and carb being too tall and the solid motor mounts pushed the whole thing up. I am cutting the hood so the top of carb and air cleaner fit. I will post pics when I get it figured out!!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:37 PM
KENS78SILVERANNIV
Le Mans Master

Received 293 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by oldschoolvette
Looks good I have the problem with the intake and carb being too tall and the solid motor mounts pushed the whole thing up. I am cutting the hood so the top of carb and air cleaner fit. I will post pics when I get it figured out!!
I've got a stinger hood that won't fit due to the intake and hood scoop I'm installing. I've seen several that have been modified. Anxiously awaiting to see what you come up with.

Thanks -
Old 10-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

How about installing the L88 air intake system in your 67 hood? that way you will get some more air cleaner clearance.

BTW I thought solid mounts were suppose to lower the motor. When you look at the pictures of them there is nothing to them and they are much smaller than the standard mounts

Have you tried spacers for your body mounts...... you can get another 3/4 inch pretty easy before you have to start making other mods.

I just put a 1/2" spacer on a 489 today with a 66 bubble hood and a already taller than stock intake. I am inside the bubble with the x-treme lid but won't know until tomorrow how well it works ( it was worth not being able to drive the car today for the much needed rain we are getting)

Doug

Get notified of new replies

To Stinger Hood Mod

Quick Reply: Stinger Hood Mod