C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Where do you park?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:59 PM
w1ctc
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you call the cops in this situation they will tell you that its normal wear and tear and will do nothing. People can do it and there is no penalty. Take revenge and you are in trouble. You may be able to make some trouble for them. Take their plate no. down and report it as a hit and run. If nothing else, a visit by the police will get them upset.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:02 PM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 287 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by 56Heap
He came into your 7-11 and spent what 10 minutes? He pays your bills let him park anywhere he wants
The point is that other customers help pay the bills too and this guy took up his best 3 parking spaces in front. Now he takes a chance on losing other customers that need to park in front because they don't want to walk far. So they'll go to another store and give them the business. For 10 minutes, a convenience store could lose multiple customers because someone needed to take up 3 spots up right in front of the entrance.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,084 Likes on 4,737 Posts
Army

Originally Posted by AZDoug
In my garage.

i don't leave my car unattended anywhere else.

I did used to be able to always park either the Corvette or the Ferrari right in front of the doorman/entry canopy at certain nightclubs though, they let you park there if your car looks expensive or flashy enough. Usually had 4-5 nice cars right in front, nobody messed with them there.

Doug
There are a couple of restaurants with valet services that do that in Orlando - I've been in front a couple of times with Vette/Mustang (sorry, I don't have any pasta rockets)
Old 09-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Don Keefhardt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiros
A guy pulls into my parking lot today, we are a small cstore, like 7-11 or WaWa. He has a really smoking 06 or 07 with some nice custom work done to it. Anyway we pulls in and parks straight across my 3 best parking spaces.
The hopelessly self-absorbed never get called out for being hopelessly self-absorbed. Good for you.

My rule for parking lots - always park right next to the shopping cart return corrals. Nobody ever returns shopping carts to them, so there is far less risk of getting whacked by a shopping cart.

We have raised several generations of self-absorbed, entitled arseholes. We get the citizens we deserve.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:55 PM
65nassau
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I bet everyone here has had a vehicle altercation in a parking lot, with vette or another car.

Here is something no has mentioned ......for all you who have been there done this, say it with me .....as the officer says:

"I'm sorry sir, but parking lots are private property, we can't do a thing."

P*sses you off, but the cops can walk away, even if the dent is a foot long....
Old 09-05-2007, 12:23 AM
jd35801
Advanced

My father drove 'vettes throughout the '70s, and was very careful when parking. Even so, the sides of his cars quickly wound up looking like someone had taken a ball-peen hammer to them. Really pissed him off. I think it is not quite as bad today not because the drivers are more courteous (HA!), but because the cars today have smaller, lighter doors. Remember all the land-barges back then? Hell, the door of a Chrysler New Yorker weighed 250lbs! And those huge two-doors... you could be two spots over and STILL get a big fat ding! One tip Dad told me was to try to park with a barrier (curb, light pole, etc.) on your right, as close as you can. That way, if there's a car on your side, only the passenger door is a threat, and if the person is alone that door probably won't be used. I agree that you are asking for trouble if you take up two spots to protect your car. I'll bet the guy who tried to take up three spots has already been keyed!
Old 09-05-2007, 02:00 AM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by fdreano
(sorry, I don't have any pasta rockets)
Pasta Rocket? That is new one to me.

My friend used to call it my Bait Wagon, probably slang for jail bait, but not sure.

I did used to have girls (nice looking babes, BTW; as long as you knew they were gold diggers, it was easy to keep everything at a proper perspective) follow me home from the grocery store, or do a u-turn in the street and follow me and signal me to pull over.

The 308 did have its advantages back in the day.

Doug
Old 09-05-2007, 02:37 AM
VFW NO.11548
Racer

notice the previous posts...the bad guys are usually described as women ( no offense to our lady gearheads out there}most
gals haven;t really grown up in the car culture and really don't give a darn, cars to them a new ..bought or leased and use them to go to point A to B .....just items to use as mere transportation ..
Old 09-08-2007, 01:24 PM
chef ar
Advanced

I don't give them a chance. If I'm going somewhere that I have to park other than a gas station or a friend's house, I take another car.

Chef AR
Old 09-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

When at shows I keep my eye on it and keep the hood closed to help keep the belt buckles at a safe distance......... it does not go shopping or visiting......... ever!

At home it is in a attached garage protected by me and a gated neighborhood with private police

It is very well insured (125) but IMO it could never be replaced

Doug
Old 09-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 65nassau
I bet everyone here has had a vehicle altercation in a parking lot, with vette or another car.

Here is something no has mentioned ......for all you who have been there done this, say it with me .....as the officer says:

"I'm sorry sir, but parking lots are private property, we can't do a thing."

P*sses you off, but the cops can walk away, even if the dent is a foot long....
Try doing a burnout in a parking lot and suddenly the parking lot will become their business........ of course you could try to remind them of when they said it wasn't

Doug
Old 09-08-2007, 02:42 PM
drewdog66vette
Pro

Default the dude was a douche bag

you know. you did the right thing. pays your bills my ***. he is an ahole and someone should tell him. you did. what a douche bag. gives the rest of us a bad name..... people these days are just way too rude and no one calls em on it....
Old 09-08-2007, 03:14 PM
vettepoor
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

Back in the early 70's, my 65 was pushed OVER a bumper block from the rear by some Dhead in an old pickup. Luckily, his bumper was at same height as mine, so only real damage was to undercarriage. Car was primered and he could not figure out why I was so torqued, as he thought it was just some "old car" not worth much. What an idiot.

Right after I had the car painted, I was standing in line at McDonald's (this was before drive-throughs), and even though I parked in BFE, some old lady in a lead-sled opened her door and skinned my new paint.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter where you are or how careful you try to be. People just don't give a damn. My 57 driver has driver paint, and I plan on keeping it that way.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Blk63Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by vettepoor
Back in the early 70's, my 65 was pushed OVER a bumper block from the rear by some Dhead in an old pickup. Luckily, his bumper was at same height as mine, so only real damage was to undercarriage. Car was primered and he could not figure out why I was so torqued, as he thought it was just some "old car" not worth much. What an idiot.

Right after I had the car painted, I was standing in line at McDonald's (this was before drive-throughs), and even though I parked in BFE, some old lady in a lead-sled opened her door and skinned my new paint.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter where you are or how careful you try to be. People just don't give a damn. My 57 driver has driver paint, and I plan on keeping it that way.

I had a A$$hole scratch (key) and spit on my Corvette on purpose. I was lucky enough to catch him doing it...He told me he spit on it because he knew the guy who owned this car was a a$$hole...I told him that a$$hole was me..
I called the police....he apoligized made him pay for the damages...
Old 09-08-2007, 05:41 PM
jd35801
Advanced

The fact that you didn't leave him bleeding in the parking lot says a lot about your self-control. I'm pretty sure the guy would've ended up in ICU if most folks here caught him spitting on and keying their cars! You handled it the best (ie LEGAL) way. Glad you got compensated.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:57 PM
piper
Burning Brakes

It does not matter where you park ,they alway park beside you ,even if you are the only car in the parking lot

Quick Reply: Where do you park?