C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Not hooked up

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 09:24 PM
piper
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Not hooked up

I found two things not hooked up under my dash tonight. One is the cigarette light bulb It has the shade on it and it was just laying on the bottom of the dash I can not tell how it goes on the lighter housing ? Also beside that was a brown wire with a brown connector on the end ,the kind that fits over a blade and I can not see were that goes I looked at the wiring diagram but I am lost Everything works except there is no cigarette light , light and I have had no troubles with wiring yet. I took the bulb out of the socket and taped it up for now is that ok? I do not want to burn it up Thanks Guys
Old 08-22-2007, 10:15 PM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

On my 65....

The shade on the cig lighter bulb snaps into 2 slots in the side of the lighter housing.

A brown wire with a female terminal, has a radio capacitor connected to the female end.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:23 AM
piper
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 62Jeff
On my 65....

The shade on the cig lighter bulb snaps into 2 slots in the side of the lighter housing.

A brown wire with a female terminal, has a radio capacitor connected to the female end.
Thanks for the answer Jeff. A brown wire with a female terminal, has a radio capacitor connected to the female end. The wire is down by the cigarette light ,does it go over to by the radio / Do you have a picture or a drawing Thanks Allot ED
Old 08-23-2007, 06:51 AM
6T7L71CPE
Melting Slicks

Received 379 Likes on 250 Posts

Here's a cluster diagram that's been posted here before:
http://www.bjpgj.com/Corvette/Labele...er-Harness.jpg
Old 08-23-2007, 08:57 AM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by piper
TThe wire is down by the cigarette light ,does it go over to by the radio ...
I believe that brown wire connects to the capacitor that is attached to the back of the cluster near the oil line connection. It's been a year since I had my 65 apart, so my memory is getting fuzzy (plus I'm trying to put that dash light fuse nightmare out of my head :_ )
Old 08-23-2007, 10:53 AM
USALT1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6T7L71CPE
Here's a cluster diagram that's been posted here before:
http://www.bjpgj.com/Corvette/Labele...er-Harness.jpg
There are some really great things in the archives, I just don't remember to use them. I pulled my cluster last week & used my Louisiana Palm Pilot to diagram instruments & wires (pencil & paper). Thanks 6T7.

Jules

Get notified of new replies

To Not hooked up

Quick Reply: Not hooked up