C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Dot 5

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 07:21 PM
babbah
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by BADBIRDCAGE
So maybe I like to know exactly what is in my system. Call me crazy. It's OK, I've been called much worse.

My experience (and the experience of autocrossers here locally, both high and low speed) is that when you flush quarterly or even monthly, as some guys do, you find crap moving through the system that you didn't know was there.

How often do you activate the ABS on your 66? Oh yeah, you don't have ABS. That's not your fault. BUT if you had it and were working the ABS module on a regular basis I believe you would find that the hydraulic shock that occurs (I don't know how else to describe it) when you are in full lock/release mode finds a way to make things move around like you will not find in a standard braking system.

If you want to use DOT 5 that's your privelege and please be my guest. I just personally don't like to use it.

Rich
I run DOT5 in my ABS equipped street car with no problems...Have never flushed the system yet.....Badda Bing

Quick Reply: Dot 5