C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

427 thermostat housings L88

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Ircyklops
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate what you say and I too like a little humor in my life. But, just because I am new to the forum doesn't mean that I am new to Corvettes and parts. I have owned a '61, '62 ,'65, '66, '67, and '71. With the '67 Sunfire Convertible being my favorite. And I currently have a '69 original big block Camaro convertible. And I have worked in the automotive business since 1969 and have accumulated some extra parts. So, just to be certain what I have and what it is correct for, I thought that I would ask someone who actually has one in their garage that they are willing to make the effort to verify for me. I just didn't like the welcome that I received at first from some of the "experts".
Old 07-03-2007, 12:19 PM
vintagecorvette
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ircyklops
I appreciate what you say and I too like a little humor in my life. But, just because I am new to the forum doesn't mean that I am new to Corvettes and parts. I have owned a '61, '62 ,'65, '66, '67, and '71. With the '67 Sunfire Convertible being my favorite. And I currently have a '69 original big block Camaro convertible. And I have worked in the automotive business since 1969 and have accumulated some extra parts. So, just to be certain what I have and what it is correct for, I thought that I would ask someone who actually has one in their garage that they are willing to make the effort to verify for me. I just didn't like the welcome that I received at first from some of the "experts".
Had you introduced yourself first, you may have gotten a warmer welcome.

oWEN
Old 07-03-2007, 01:45 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Are the numbers 3877660 along the base or on top-side? thanx , George
For a '67, the 660 housing should have the numbers cast on the top of the attaching flange on the base; the version with the numbers cast on the top of the outlet neck wasn't used until the C3 era.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:30 PM
kenEDMUNDS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fill out your profile, introduce yourself, give us a name and you will probably get a better reception. Actually when you get to know us we are quite a treat to be around.
Ken
Old 07-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Cmacsvette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnZ
For a '67, the 660 housing should have the numbers cast on the top of the attaching flange on the base; the version with the numbers cast on the top of the outlet neck wasn't used until the C3 era.
John,

How about a "late" production 7 car?
Craig
Old 07-03-2007, 06:05 PM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks like you had quite a stable of awesome vettes and have been around for some time..

Doesn't matter, you still need to lose the 'tude... I agree with CTJ that John is one of the foremost experts around and he's always spot on and willing to assist.... I on the other hand am still learning but I do have an innate "special power" of typing like talk... It's a NY thing..

Enjoy..

/joe
Old 07-04-2007, 12:26 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by Cmacsvette
John,

How about a "late" production 7 car?
Craig
Nope - number needs to be cast into the base flange on any '67. The only available reproduction (Paragon's) is the C3 version, with the number on the outlet neck.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:34 PM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great people here.

For what it's worth, sometimes new folks show up here and start their tenure with all sorts of interesting questions that seem (to some of us) to primarily serve their apparant goal of faking L88, L89, L71, etc. You know, things like "What would my tank sticker from my 67 look like if it were an L88?"

So, when someone joins and starts asking questions about what is correct for an L88, or some other rare car, warning bells and whistles go off in some folk's heads.

In any event, welcome again, and congratulations on having owned such an interesting stable of vettes.

Jeff
Old 07-04-2007, 03:15 PM
deanoshiro
Instructor

Default Your Question

.....would help if you showed a profile.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Cmacsvette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rodger that, John.
Thanks,
Craig
Old 07-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Ircyklops
Cruising

Default Profile

Since a few of you felt that I would get a warmer welcome with a profile..here it is. Sorry that we started off wrong, but I was too busy trying to get some info verified and didn't think about the "trust factor". I currently don't own a Corvette. But don't hold that against me, I still have a passion for them and all Chevrolets. As you can see, the Camaro is a good substitute for a vette and I can take some extra friends with me.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 AM
kenEDMUNDS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks George, it helps to know who we are talking to. Welcome aboard.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:11 PM
vintagecorvette
Melting Slicks

Welcome aboard. Always nice to have another vetter lover around.

Cheers, oWEN
Old 07-05-2007, 12:23 PM
vintagecorvette
Melting Slicks

Welcome aboard. Always nice to have another vetter lover around.

Cheers, oWEN
Old 07-06-2007, 06:27 AM
deanoshiro
Instructor

Default Chevrolet's

Since a few of you felt that I would get a warmer welcome with a profile..here it is. Sorry that we started off wrong, but I was too busy trying to get some info verified and didn't think about the "trust factor". I currently don't own a Corvette. But don't hold that against me, I still have a passion for them and all Chevrolets. As you can see, the Camaro is a good substitute for a vette and I can take some extra friends with me.

Quick Reply: 427 thermostat housings L88