C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Body off 61 Rod project

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by kwkenuf
Still in construction unfortunately... Haven't touched it in 18 months... Hopefully once my present bout of unemployment ends I'll get re-motivated (and refunded) and return to regular progress updates...
Hope you can get on track soon. I will look forward to reading your new post. I just started putting together a Billy frame. Did you have any isues with the cross member or fitting the diff spacers?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:28 AM
ricott
Racer

Received 262 Likes on 76 Posts

Good to see you post a reply. I'm also on the "slow boat to China" on our 58 rebuild. We have had it for almost 30 years, was a basket case when purchased, and always the "next" project. I purchased a Corvette Correction frame 3 years ago but am just now really working on it. Stay with it and I look forward to more progress posts.

Ricky
Old 11-05-2013, 12:35 PM
kwkenuf
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dale002

Hope you can get on track soon. I will look forward to reading your new post. I just started putting together a Billy frame. Did you have any isues with the cross member or fitting the diff spacers?
No, no problem with either. My diff spacer is just a solid block of aluminum and the cross member fit fine. I drilled the frame mounts to match the cross member holes when I swung the motor and trans in the first time.
If you have any problems at all with the Corvette Correction parts, give Billy a call. He'll make it right.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:44 PM
kwkenuf
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 93Polo

Not sure if this will work:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...tall-body.html

I believe Holley offers a Corvette style bracket using the F-body balancer depth.
Thanks for the link to the retrofit/hybrids section of that forum. Normally one of my favorite haunts but no time for that lately either...
I like the the looks of the Speedway alternator bracket. And if I use that I won't have to mess with the Camaro power steering pump. Looks like once my project is complete I'll have a stock and new early C5 alternator bracket with fabricated spacers for sale....
Old 11-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 66 Posts

Old 02-20-2016, 12:47 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Still lurking...how's it going ?

Stan
Old 11-13-2018, 02:53 AM
kwkenuf
Burning Brakes

Stan, Thanks for your patience! Been real slow going here. Lots of excuses, just no good ones! Here's a recent pic of the '61 getting some fresh air after being cooped up in the garage for a few years....
You're driving yours already no?

Old 11-13-2018, 07:58 AM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Allrightey then glad to see it moving again...thats too nice a car to not get finished some day. Keep the progress posted...looking forward to more pics.
Mine has 85 miles on it...but I built a new Dart block...with Tony Mammo
massaged intake and AFR heads and his custom roller billet cam that goes in the car after Christmas.
Hopefully that will be the last major change to the car .
In the mean time I picked upa '69 GTO and a '67 Camaro project...like I have time for them..lol!
Old 12-16-2020, 09:47 PM
kwkenuf
Burning Brakes

Default Long time but I'm back!

Been more than a couple years since I've posted progress pics of my 61 RestoMod project. Today I cut a hole in the firewall to start mock-up of the Ididit column and ball mount. Next will be measure and cut the shaft to connect to the rack. It'll be nice to actually steer this thing instead of muscleing the tires in position as I roll it around. Once everything is mocked up, I'll pull it all out and make a steel firewall reinforcement plate. I'll be running a hydraulic clutch and don't want a firewall failure from the pedal pressure. Lots more work to go but I'll try to make steady progress as I am finally retired. The C1 competes for time with my other projects though and I am currently in deep on a 66 Suburban body being grafted onto a 2002 4WD Tahoe floorpan, firewall, chassis and drivetrain. TaBurban.

The following 3 users liked this post by kwkenuf:
62vetteuk (02-04-2021), Robert61 (02-03-2021), wolfman64 (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 10:25 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by kwkenuf
Been more than a couple years since I've posted progress pics of my 61 RestoMod project. Today I cut a hole in the firewall to start mock-up of the Ididit column and ball mount. Next will be measure and cut the shaft to connect to the rack. It'll be nice to actually steer this thing instead of muscleing the tires in position as I roll it around. Once everything is mocked up, I'll pull it all out and make a steel firewall reinforcement plate. I'll be running a hydraulic clutch and don't want a firewall failure from the pedal pressure. Lots more work to go but I'll try to make steady progress as I am finally retired. The C1 competes for time with my other projects though and I am currently in deep on a 66 Suburban body being grafted onto a 2002 4WD Tahoe floorpan, firewall, chassis and drivetrain. TaBurban.

Congratulations on a new restart, and retirement, I've always been interested in your car, hope to get to see it on the road......I'm still working on our '69 GTO, and the Corvette is somewhere in the mix. But I completely remodeled our home and am in the middle of building a 125x40x16 shop. Never quite get finished with anything it seems, especially with the weird problems caused by the Covid (which I've also had myself).
Sorry about not replying sooner, I've been sick, but am much better...hopefully for a loong time. Keep up the progress reports...and pics. Till next time, all the best, Stan..
The following 2 users liked this post by Stan's Customs:
Blown62 (04-24-2021), kwkenuf (02-04-2021)

Quick Reply: Body off 61 Rod project