C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Hanson, Resting Peacefully

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 08:28 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 120 Likes on 99 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Mike,

Welcome aboard! I've been a lurker here of late but joined this great support net forum back in 2000. Great bunch here who are always helpful. They have helped me discover so much I didn't know 'bout my '5.

From what I've read, should you choose to embrace this site, your expertise on the early midyears will be greatly appreciated.

Again, welcome aboard!

Regards,

"Just a Driver'

Jim
Old 01-14-2007, 08:42 PM
SPLITRAY
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ctjackster
Mr. Hanson - nice of you to check in and say hello (since I know you to be a mid-year guy, I'd say you are in EXACTLY the right place.) We've all been watching the drama, and since many here are also posters over there, some have been campaigning for answers. As in all of these forum dramas, I am sure there was much going on behind the curtain - many of us have been there too.

By the way, you were always very helpful when I posted questions or comments over on that tech forum; thanks for that. Given the depth of your knowledge and willingness to share, it would sure be a great loss if you were to stay off-line. Hope you find some comfort here or wherever you may land.
Welcome!
Old 01-14-2007, 09:25 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by mgsouthard
Welcome!
Michael, I agree with everything posted already but would like to add that the number of regular posters at the Tech Board have diminished tremendously. I haven't posted there for a few days as my anger hasn't subsided yet.

Regards,
Rick

P.S. I see Jerry Bramlett hasn't lost his, shall I say, sharp tongue.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:39 PM
philip964
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome.

I am a newby to Corvettes and to this forum. I have a '63 and have had a lots of dumb questions, and everyone on this forum has been very kind and gentle to me. Many forums are grumpy or just ignores newbys, not here, everyone seems to enjoy their Corvettes and enjoys teaching and the friendship of an unique shared interest.

I am very glad you have decided to come to this forum, everyone has talked about how great you are and we are all so very glad you are here.

Welcome.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:45 PM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Cheers: Glad to have you over here.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:16 PM
67vetteal
Melting Slicks

Received 99 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm with the "WELCOME" crowd! We must all remember it's FUN to own a Corvette! Al W.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:32 PM
56Heap
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn shame a guy gets tossed for trying to correct the wrongs.....The poor SOBs that restored their cars by the JG,,,,,The only thing I can figure is Carlton must give good head
Old 01-14-2007, 11:34 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by 56Heap
Damn shame a guy gets tossed for trying to correct the wrongs.....The poor SOBs that restored their cars by the JG,,,,,The only thing I can figure is Carlton must give good head
Old 01-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Seaside63
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome Michael and we will always appreciate your help with the early mid-years.

I thank you also because the debacle that ocurred over at the NCRS board sealed my decision to not renew.

So I now have an extra $35 a year on my pocket and I can rest more easily knowing that I don't have to stress trying to please a bunch of petrified old goats.

My '63 FI convertible and I are comfortable with leaving the NCRS and as "Injected Stingray" stated above, I may just have to resto-mod it now. (Just to poke a few old goats in the eye)

Is it blasphemous to cut and flare a fuelie ???
Old 01-15-2007, 12:49 AM
Critter1
Melting Slicks

Received 621 Likes on 441 Posts

Thanks to everyone, I already feel at home here. It's a great site and I've even figured out how to operate most of the controls on the pages. (was easy, I had the 14 year old next door help) I'm not sure how to post pic's yet but that shouldn't be difficult. I'll look at that next week, after the event in Orlando.

Again, thanks to all and keep doing exactly what you're doing. It's working.

Regards,

Michael
Old 01-15-2007, 01:48 AM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

This is a bad place to hang out, in about 6 months you will start inquiring about how to install an LS2 in you car.

Doug
Old 01-15-2007, 08:07 AM
JL66REDCPE
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Michael Hanson -- welcome to the Corvette Forum. It is great having you here. I read virtually every one of your posts on the NCRS Tech Board over the years and found your knowledge and insight excellent.

John Lolli (a.k.a. jl66redcpe)
Old 01-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Blk63Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Hello Michael

Hi

Well, I am not a menber of the NCRS forum...I have met a couple of NCRS guys that are VERY GOOD at pointing out whats WRONG with my 1963 Corvette... I think you will find the people here NON JUDGEMENTAL ...I have throughly enjoyed this site and have learned alot from my forum brothers and sisters...

I think most people here are more into "enjoying" their Corvettes then worrying if they have the "right" bolt or "hose clamp" on their car...

I never had anyone say anything negative to me...I met some nice (Honest) people that have sold me Corvette parts..Also VERY helpful in giving pointers on how to fix or install certain items..

Nice to meet you and welcome!!

Peter
Old 01-15-2007, 10:23 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,575 Likes on 2,166 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Welcome aboard Michael. Your extensive knowledge will be a real plus to this forum. I am an NCRS member and frequent the Tech Board and have followed your situation. Really unfortunate that could not be resolved. Look forward to having you as a resource here. Wish I was in Orlando. 2nd year I have missed in a row.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:12 PM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

WELCOME aboard!!!!

/joe
Old 01-15-2007, 12:43 PM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Critter1
I would like to thank all of the people who supported me during the latest ordeal at the discussion board. There's a lot more going on behind the curtain than everyone knows but I'll leave that alone, for now.

I'm enjoying my time away from the computer and likely will not spend much time on it in the future.

Hope to meet a lot of the people next weekend that I've gotten to know but never met. Should be there at least Friday and possibly Saturday.

This seems like a nice place. Hope this post is in the right category. Wouldn't want to get in trouble here on my very first post.

Michael
don't point out where the supporting vendors are wrong because it will get you kick off. been there had that happen
Old 01-15-2007, 01:42 PM
richbopp
Melting Slicks

Location: Park City to SoCal - according to the map it's all down hill. No bad days in Indian Wells, California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome and thanks for sharing your knowledge over the years.

I like it here because we are all equal in so much as we are corvette guys/gals and the correctness of the car is not the issue. It's the friendship and sharing that counts.

I'm full of questions re: 63-64's, but I'll wait until you find all the ***** and buttons and take pic posting 101.

I know you'll feel comfortable being a part of this forum.

Thank you,

Rich

Get notified of new replies

To Hanson, Resting Peacefully

Old 01-15-2007, 03:59 PM
kenEDMUNDS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Critter1
I would like to thank all of the people who supported me during the latest ordeal at the discussion board. There's a lot more going on behind the curtain than everyone knows but I'll leave that alone, for now.

I'm enjoying my time away from the computer and likely will not spend much time on it in the future.

Hope to meet a lot of the people next weekend that I've gotten to know but never met. Should be there at least Friday and possibly Saturday.

This seems like a nice place. Hope this post is in the right category. Wouldn't want to get in trouble here on my very first post.

Michael
Are you bringing Sephenson and Jorjorian with you?
Old 01-15-2007, 04:06 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Hi, Michael - welcome to the site! You'll find a good group here. See you later in the week in sunny (maybe not warm) Florida; ice everywhere here.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:19 PM
MidShark
Melting Slicks

Received 279 Likes on 146 Posts

Glad to see another knowledgable person join the Forum. I have had several midyears but I just bought my first '63 last spring. I really had not been a frequent visitor to the NCRS site- glad you're here now.

Rich

Quick Reply: Hanson, Resting Peacefully