C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Having difficulty w/this website?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 03:42 PM
waynec
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Having difficulty w/this website?

I'm curious to know if anyone else besides me has been having difficulties with this new Corvetteforum website.

I use some oddball software, but it generally works fine with other websites. On this site, anytime I wish to post to a topic, I have to reload the page several times to get anything other than the forum logo and the row of tabs at the top of the page. Even now, at this moment as I write this, my processor is running at nearly 100%, apparently trying to do something that hasn't completed on this "post new topic" page... processor usage will drop to zero as soon as I post.

A few minutes ago I tried to access the body lift photos on a link to a page in this forum from another post. I was unable to access the photos. When I go to the url link, I simply get a single column of "broken graphics" symbols, and had to reload the page several times to get. that much.

I've been having these problems with this new Corvetteforum site ever since it moved. I am using OS/2 Warp4 with Netscape 4.61, so I realize I'm a bit unorthodox, but I am not having these problems at other websites.

Anybody else having this kind of problem?
Old 09-17-2001, 05:34 PM
Blkblt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Having difficulty w/this website? (waynec)

Nope. No problems here. I am running a Mac G3, OS 8.6, and Internet Explorer 5.something. The only problem I have is that most of the good archived material never made it through the software change-out. :( There was some REALLY good stuff there!

But, so it goes.... :yesnod:
Jeff
'66. L72
"The Silver Beast"
Keep :seeya :flag :flag
Old 09-17-2001, 05:47 PM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm a Netscape user also. I have the same problems as you. I've hit the reload key so often that it is rediculous. Sometimes I get so frustrated I just turn it off. Load times are long and sometimes things simply will not load at all. Bummer :cry
Old 09-17-2001, 06:09 PM
kenmo
Le Mans Master

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

I HAD the same problem using Netscape 4.78 & Win98Se. If I use IE 5.5 I DON'T have this problem. This site is much faster loading pages with IE5.5 then with Nescape.
Old 09-17-2001, 06:24 PM
wernerreis
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Having difficulty w/this website? (kenmo)

no problems of any kind. love the new site. use microsoft internet explorer both at home and at work. :D
Old 09-17-2001, 07:25 PM
Kid_Again
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...i had loads of problems with netscape v???? and now use IE 5.00 with no problems...i'm a microsoft stockholder but honest to god, bill, you can be a pain to us common folks sometimes :yesnod: :nopity
Old 09-17-2001, 10:54 PM
RichF
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '04 & '05

Default Re: Having difficulty w/this website? (Kid_Again)

Microsoft IE 6.0 is also available to download. No problem with Corvetteforum.com when using this. Go here.......
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp
Old 09-18-2001, 03:06 AM
58Mike
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm having trouble, too. Yep, I'm using Netscape Navigator. Guess I'll have to download Explorer.
Old 09-18-2001, 04:15 AM
waynec
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Re: Having difficulty w/this website? (58Mike)

Nice that you can, 58Mike, unfortunately I don't have that option. But perhaps someone at the website has noticed this topic, because this reply is the first one I think I've been able to do without multiple reloads.... but my processor is still at max utilization as I write this, so either they have more to look at or this time was just a fluke.
Old 09-18-2001, 10:07 AM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I am also using Netscape.... and I refuse to switch to IE because Netscape has such a good bookmark editor & arranger. I suppose I should upgrade Netscape, but I, too, have to hit reload several times to post. :(
Old 09-18-2001, 11:38 AM
SWCDuke
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,188 Posts

Default Re: Having difficulty w/this website? (Tom454)

I've had the same problems with Netscape. I finally gave up and got into the habit of opening IE and using it for this site, only. All Widows 98 systems have IE bundled into the system, so you don't have to download it. It should already be there.

I figure that I'll eventually transition to IE for everything. Look at it this way. Netscape is now owned by AOL and their browser is based on IE. Conclusion: Netscape is a dead product. Too bad. I like it, but it's an orphan!

Duke

Old 09-18-2001, 11:53 PM
Joe Lynch
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'11

Default Re: Having difficulty w/this website? (SWCDuke)

I use Netscape and have had good luck just resetting the forum cookies when the page hangs. I sometimes have to do it once per session. but after that, everything works fine. Before I tried this, it was unbearable. I don't want to use IE either.
Joe Lynch
Midland, TX
Old 09-19-2001, 03:31 AM
58Mike
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Having difficulty w/this website? (Joe Lynch)

Joe-

How do you reset the forum cookies? And I tried to download IE, but I can't get it to open because my Mac says the application that wrote the download doesn't exist on my computer. Am I the only guy who gets confused by this stuff? :confused:

- Mike
Old 09-19-2001, 07:53 AM
Pierre
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm using Netscape 4.7 / Win98 and I'm not having any problems with this site.

Pierre
Ottawa Canada
Old 09-19-2001, 08:42 AM
Joe Lynch
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'11

Default Re: Having difficulty w/this website? (Tom454)

Go to the "My Profile" link at the top of this page just to the right of the pictures of the Corvettes and just below the red file tab buttons. When the "My Profile " page comes up, choose the link at the bottom of the list, "Reset Forum Cookies", when the next page comes up, hit "Next", then go back to the forums and see if you still have a problem.

I checked with the moderators early on after the software switch and they were at a loss as to what to do if you were stuck with Netscape. But mine works better now than it did three weeks ago so something changed.

Joe

Get notified of new replies

To Having difficulty w/this website?

Quick Reply: Having difficulty w/this website?