C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Anyone know J&D Corvette in L.A.?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:51 PM
jscottleonard
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know J&D Corvette in L.A.?

I understand that this place makes replacement fiberglass parts for the C1. Does anyone know them? Is it a quality supplier? My shop is ordering a fender to fender front end from them. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Scott

Last edited by jscottleonard; 09-26-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:44 PM
MarvBarrish
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 41 Posts

I've purchased parts from them in the past and have been happy with them. Never any fiberglass products though. They are out at Pomona swap meet regularly and have been around for a long time. I would assume this indicates they are a good business to deal with. Regards, Marv
Old 09-26-2006, 11:30 PM
buns
Safety Car

Received 690 Likes on 537 Posts

I asked this same question about 6 months ago. Did not get a single reply, positive or negative. Here is the link to that post.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...lass+front+end

Old 09-27-2006, 01:07 AM
66for2
Advanced

Sorry I missed the earlier post. I purchased a complete 1 piece front end and two quarter panels from J&D. They did the install and complete paint and body on my 66 convertible almost two years ago. The car came out terrific and is holding up great. I have not noticed any issues with the parts or their work. The person to deal with is NOE. At the time they were very busy and took about 9 months to complete my car. I have been down there since and they seem to have some room for more projects. I would be happy to send a few photos (e-mail) if you are interested in their work. In fact, if you go down there, ask for Noe and ask him to see the album on the blue 66. I gave him a copy about 6 months ago.

Good luck,

Paul
Old 09-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Dick Horzen
Pro

I know they have been around since 1966. That was the last time I was in Bellflower.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:07 PM
ryan92663
Advanced

We had them do alot of work on my 76 after it was rearended (requiring several grand of work). They were extremely fast once insurance said to fix the car, and definately know what they are talking about and have great quality pieces (have a new 80-82 bumper that they installed on the car) The person to talk to is noe. Overall a great shop and i would reccomend them.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Scott Marzahl
Le Mans Master

Received 194 Likes on 149 Posts

I've known the owner, Heime for about 20 years now. First did buisness with him back in the late 70's. Great guy, and he runs an excellent shop. They do Outstanding glass and paint work along with mechincal work on Corvettes. They have been making their own panels for about 30 + years. While visiting So Cal this past summer I took my son in to get some parts for his '76 project and he treated us very well.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know J&D Corvette in L.A.?

Quick Reply: Anyone know J&D Corvette in L.A.?