C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Driveshaft delay

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:52 PM
zbc51
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Driveshaft delay

Drive shaft delay at kiesler engineering. I ordered a c2 tremec kit from them on 8/14. The transmision kit came in 5 days but the drive shaft still has not been made/ shipped. The sales staff assured me that I would have all of my parts within 7 days of my order so I could complete my install over a weekend. Called last week, customer service promised me it would be shipped first thing in the morning. I called yesterday, and guess what my driveshaft still was not shipped. I explained the false promises to Richard the customer service representative and he promised to ship my drive shaft Fed-ex overnight; but he wanted me to pay half the shipping!! I told him again that it has almost been one month since I got my kit; he then talked to his "boss" who assured me that they would ship the drive shaft Fed-ex over night.

I got home from work. No driveshaft. I called Fed-Ex and they have no record of any shipment from Kiesler.

I wish I bought my Kit from Classic 5 speed chevy. My Car has been sitting for almost a month because of Kiesler's false promises.

Last edited by zbc51; 09-12-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

Amazing......
Old 09-08-2006, 06:33 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

why does this sound familiar??????????????????????????????
.....redvetracr
Old 09-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

*Edit*-Not relevant to post on reflection.

Last edited by Paul L; 09-08-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:59 PM
PurplePackFan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Waiting Also

I ordered mine on 8/2. Got the tranny and rest a few days later also. I called last week about the driveshaft. They said their supplier was behind and they would send as soon as possible when they receive them. Got an email yesterday stating that UPS is shipping, should be here by today or tomorrow.

I'm not in the same boat as you as I am just assembling mine after paint right now, so mine will sit for a while until I get engine back together and all the rest. I understand your dissapointment, you didn't mention what the customer service person told you, but I got a thorough explanation for mine, athough I'm not in a hurry. I can't badmouth them yet, the jury's still out...

I hope my installation and performance goes well. We'll see...

John
Old 09-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Jeff Garner
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Lies

I'd rather any vendor tell me the truth than continue lying to try and pasify me. Lying is no way to take care of your paying customers.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Denney
Melting Slicks

Like clock work, every month or so someone joins the forum and slams a vendor (who, in this case, I know have gone out of their way to assist their customers) ...
Old 09-08-2006, 08:33 PM
GO GIRL
Instructor

Originally Posted by Denney
Like clock work, every month or so someone joins the forum and slams a vendor (who, in this case, I know have gone out of their way to assist their customers) ...
So you know all the facts regarding this members issues with them? Or are you just blindly putting in a plug for a vendor that you had a good expirience with so that means that everyone must have had the same expirience as you? There are two sides to every story. Don't take a stand without hearing both sides.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:35 PM
timbo79
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keisler was very good with me. Bent over backwards GREAT product as well. just my .02
Old 09-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Denney
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GO GIRL
So you know all the facts regarding this members issues with them? Or are you just blindly putting in a plug for a vendor that you had a good expirience with so that means that everyone must have had the same expirience as you? There are two sides to every story. Don't take a stand without hearing both sides.
This "member" has one (1), count em, ONE post. So, basically he "joined" the forum to blast a supporting vendor. I don't have to "know" the facts, I have seen this happen so many times it is getting laughable.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:58 PM
GO GIRL
Instructor

This "member" has one (1), count em, ONE post. So, basically he "joined" the forum to blast a supporting vendor. I don't have to "know" the facts, I have seen this happen so many times it is getting laughable.

So let me get this straight, ones post number is directly related to ones validity. I bought an item for a forum vendor (at a price of $1000)that NOBODY has ever said anything negative about. In fact, if this individual were to run for the position of GOD, he would win in a landslide. I was told for 2 months- production problems, welder broke, yadda, yadda, yadda. Then, it was, I sent it out yesterday, I'll sent it out tomorrow, no that wasn't you I sent it to somebody else, etc. etc. etc. I finally got the item and it was very poor. After 5 months, I finally got the item I had been expecting. Did the vendor make good- yes. Was it a painless enjoyable expirience- not even close. I didn't slam this vendor because of my expirience. Did I have the right to? I think I did.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Denney
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GO GIRL
So let me get this straight, ones post number is directly related to ones validity...
When the total post count is 1, yes, you can call me skeptical.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Vipermike
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So zbc51 joined the forum in 2005 anticipating that a full year later he would have a problem with his Kiesler purchase.....WOW, I'm going to ask him to pick my stocks from now on!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:21 PM
GO GIRL
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vipermike
So zbc51 joined the forum in 2005 anticipating that a full year later he would have a problem with his Kiesler purchase.....WOW, I'm going to ask him to pick my stocks from now on!

Good point. But then again, Vipermike only has 400+ posts so what he says doesn't mean anything either.

Last edited by GO GIRL; 09-08-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:23 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 729 Likes on 623 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Bill
Old 09-08-2006, 09:58 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by zbc51
Beware of kiesler engineering. I ordered a c2 tremec kit from them on 8/14. The transmision kit came in 5 days but the drive shaft still has not been made/ shipped. The sales staff assured me that I would have all of my parts within 7 days of my order so I could complete my install over a weekend. Called last week, customer service promised me it would be shipped first thing in the morning. I called yesterday, and guess what my driveshaft still was not shipped. I explained the false promises to Richard the customer service representative and he promised to ship my drive shaft Fed-ex overnight; but he wanted me to pay half the shipping!! I told him again that it has almost been one month since I got my kit; he then talked to his "boss" who assured me that they would ship the drive shaft Fed-ex over night.

I got home from work. No driveshaft. I called Fed-Ex and they have no record of any shipment from Kiesler.

I wish I bought my Kit from Classic 5 speed chevy. My Car has been sitting for almost a month because of Kiesler's false promises.
I am not suprised....this has happened before....I advise anyone that is buying to do a search of Keisler and CC5S and see how many people have had customer issues with each....then make your buying decision.

I did, and I ended up buying CC5S...great people and customer service...sorry about your experience, but at CC5S you are dealing with the owners directly, at Keisler you are delaing with sales guys and tech service.....BIG DIFFERENCE.....

Herb
Old 09-08-2006, 10:43 PM
timbo79
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have an issue with Keisler, speak with Shafi (Owner) or Grey.. both of them will take care of you. Whyen I ordered mine, Shafi took my order and all went well.. That was just my experience though

Get notified of new replies

To Driveshaft delay

Old 09-08-2006, 11:14 PM
magicv8
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Some useful rules for owners of old cars:

Never take your old car apart for an upgrade until you have all the parts and read all the instructions that came with the parts (to see if you need more parts).

If you have a lot of FUN and break things, buy spare parts. I often have too much fun, so I have 2 spare rebuilt Muncies and 2 spare rebuilt diffs. One of each is crated for shipping to where ever I was having too much fun.

When your car is damaged in a parking lot, at a show, or on the street - try to remember that it's a car (and keep it insured).

Do not think your old car is better or worse than anyone elses old car, since all old cars are better than new cars. What?? Think about it.

Old cars are like old wine. You can enjoy showing the bottle of some expensive vintage to visitors, but you open it for your friends. Take friends for a ride. Drive it hard instead of just looking at it.

Whenever you take an old car to a shop to have work done, it will cost more than you thought, or it will not be as well done as you would have done it or expected it to be done. Get used to it.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Plasticman
Race Director

Received 527 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by magicv8
Some useful rules for owners of old cars:

Never take your old car apart for an upgrade until you have all the parts and read all the instructions that came with the parts (to see if you need more parts).

If you have a lot of FUN and break things, buy spare parts. I often have too much fun, so I have 2 spare rebuilt Muncies and 2 spare rebuilt diffs. One of each is crated for shipping to where ever I was having too much fun.

When your car is damaged in a parking lot, at a show, or on the street - try to remember that it's a car (and keep it insured).

Do not think your old car is better or worse than anyone elses old car, since all old cars are better than new cars. What?? Think about it.

Old cars are like old wine. You can enjoy showing the bottle of some expensive vintage to visitors, but you open it for your friends. Take friends for a ride. Drive it hard instead of just looking at it.

Whenever you take an old car to a shop to have work done, it will cost more than you thought, or it will not be as well done as you would have done it or expected it to be done. Get used to it.
Well stated,

Plasticman
Old 09-09-2006, 12:56 AM
zbc51
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really don't think the number of my posts is relevant. I generally read the forum to learn about corvettes rather than to complain about vendors. In this case Kiesler has promised to ship me a drive shaft on two seperate occasions; and has not delivered. When I paid $3800 for a complete kit they did not tell me it would be over 4 weeks to get a driveshaft. If they would tell the truth, I would not have expectations for delivery. Remember they are the ones who said they would overnight Fed ex the drive shaft to me. If there is a problem I would expect a call. I don't think I should have to call fed ex and find that nothing was ever shipped!!

Quick Reply: Driveshaft delay