C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Other Forum Down ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Other Forum Down ?

Cac ?
Old 09-06-2006, 07:59 PM
ctjackster
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

if it is, the Candian moderator from there will be over here soon enough to post up alternative options, as always all are welcome here . . . . .
Old 09-07-2006, 01:03 AM
buns
Safety Car

Received 690 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost
Cac ?

There is another forum?
Old 09-07-2006, 01:24 AM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by buns

There is another forum?

CAC= corvetteactionlesscenter.com
Old 09-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Brian VH McHale
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 185 Posts

I thought that site died months ago.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:37 AM
hogan64
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to be working for me. I find there is far more posts and info on this site.

Ted
Old 09-07-2006, 07:39 AM
stepinwolf
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Duntov-097
You know " Duntov-97 " respect for others, should be the first thing Corvette people practice. Sad to see people like yourself, do not take the initiative to show the proper example.

Even though we might disagree with other Forums, or their participants, I would not lower myself to name calling. That kind of practice should have went out, at the same time as grade school did.

Stepinwolf
Old 09-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Allcoupedup
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I lost my permission to post over there. One day I logged in and It told me I have insufficient permission to post and my PM ability is gone. I definitely was not involved in any type of altercation. Who knows.......

Brian
Old 09-07-2006, 08:38 AM
ctjackster
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by stepinwolf
You know " Duntov-97 " respect for others, should be the first thing Corvette people practice. Sad to see people like yourself, do not take the initiative to show the proper example.

Even though we might disagree with other Forums, or their participants, I would not lower myself to name calling. That kind of practice should have went out, at the same time as grade school did.

Stepinwolf

wow, "corvetteactionlesscenter" generates a defensive post (myabe not that funny, but certainly not even namecalling). Might want to get j-u-s-t a little thicker skin, perhaps your insecurities are showing . . . . of course, in my personal experience that other forum is the land of bullsh!t behavior, as you know Mr. Wolf.

edit - added "in my personal experience"

Last edited by ctjackster; 09-07-2006 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:09 AM
magicv8
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Allcoupedup
I lost my permission to post over there. One day I logged in and It told me I have insufficient permission to post and my PM ability is gone. I definitely was not involved in any type of altercation. Who knows.......
Brian
I still have permission to post text but cannot post pictures.
Me too Who knows......
Old 09-07-2006, 11:27 AM
stepinwolf
Racer

Originally Posted by ctjackster
wow, "Corvette Action Center" generates a defensive post (maybe not that funny, but certainly not even name calling). Might want to get j-u-s-t a little thicker skin, perhaps your insecurities are showing . . . . of course, in my personal experience that other forum is the land of bullsh!t behavior, as you know Mr. Wolf.

edit - added "in my personal experience"

Thanks, for your response ctjackster, and in case you don't understand your own remarks, your present response is just confirming my initial comments.

Long ago I learned that if I could not say something decent, I should keep my mouth shut. Sad to see not everyone learned the same lesson.

As for my insecurities, shÎt not only do you not have a clue as to what you are talking about, you don't even come close to my ankle's.

Anyway, enough said, my time is much to precious to engage in any back and forth arguments with someone like yourself, so you now have my permission to reply with as much crap you might think is appropriate, because I will no longer participate in this thread, nor read your replies

So long,,,

Stepinwolf

BTW, I corrected all of your misspelled words in your above post.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:33 AM
BarryK
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

that other forum is the land of bullsh!t behavior
Originally Posted by Duntov-097

Originally Posted by I'maVettehead
I thought that site died months ago.
geez, Grey Ghost asks a simple question since he knows there are plenty of forum members who visit both sites and with comments like the above it's said that that over there is the land of bullsh!t behavior??

come on guys, didn't your mothers ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say to just not say anything at all?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:53 AM
KyleDallas
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Give it a rest Stepinwolf..
I think you got your nose bent by a little harmless slang.
Are your panties bunched up??
The following users liked this post:
59BlueSilver (04-22-2022)
Old 09-07-2006, 12:10 PM
stepinwolf
Racer

Originally Posted by KyleDallas
Give it a rest Stepinwolf..
I think you got your nose bent by a little harmless slang.
Are your panties bunched up??
What part of " I do not wish to pursue this any further " did you not understand.

Do you need to have it in Spanish ?
Old 09-07-2006, 12:45 PM
ctjackster
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BarryK
geez, Grey Ghost asks a simple question since he knows there are plenty of forum members who visit both sites and with comments like the above it's said that that over there is the land of bullsh!t behavior??

come on guys, didn't your mothers ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say to just not say anything at all?
and you are weighing in because?

what we have here is a discussion on the CF about another (competing? naw) forum being down, and not surprisingly some forum members here had a little fun (corvettenoactioncenter being about as tame as I have ever seen Bob behave) and some champions of the other forum take offense?

my advice - when the CAC is back up, go post over there about what a great place it is. If you get all sensitive over here about another forum's reputation, we can't help you. I will speak the truth about that other forum at every opportunity, however, and my ethical compass is strong and unquestioned.

Stepinwolf, please feel free to correct any spelling errors in my posts, or post up a little pukey face if I make one - I admit I suck at typing and my fudgey fingers tap the wrong keys from time to time. But I do know how to spell
Old 09-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio

Originally Posted by stepinwolf
What part of " I do not wish to pursue this any further " did you not understand.

Do you need to have it in Spanish ?

Apparently you still do wish to pursue it further or you wouldn't still be opening or posting in this thread.

Name calling is a bit of a stretch don't ya' think ? Maybe if your panties weren't in such a bunch all the time over there you wouldn't be known as the corvetteactionlesscenter.

I did not make up corvetteactionlesscenter. I've heard it many times, and the name seems to be based in fact. There are generally less than 10 or so posts a day in the solid axle/midyear section that are all closely moderated for content.

In summation I would submit that this was not an instance of name calling but merely a statement of facts.

It was joke, but if you're gonna make me defend what I said I will.

La vie est hard..wear par casque

Last edited by Plastic Pig; 09-07-2006 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:14 PM
BarryK
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

and you are weighing in because?
Because I can and i'm allowed. What, are you trying to tell me I can't?
those comments I cited as examples were not a "discussion" about another site, they were unnecessary "digs" that honestly were out of place and uncalled for.
I'm not acting as "champion" of ANY forum, I visit many. Some I enjoy more than others but that doesn't mean I'm going to start saying bad things or make fun of any of the others while on any particular one. There is no need to behavior or actions like that.
As I said in the last post, if you have nothing good to say just don't say anything. Face it, just what benefit or gain do you get from digs like that other than self amusement.

Most of us here are grown adults, not children on a playgrounding taunting another child so lets act like the grown responsible adults we are suppose to be.

Now, you know me well enough by now that I enjoy a little fun and humor as much if not more than anyone else, but this wasn't even good fun or humor.

As for "speaking the truth", just what truth is that? The truth as YOU believe it to be, which is simply nothing more than opinion, or are you attempting to speak for this entire forum and all it's members including the owner of this site? Would that make your comments anymore "truthful"? Who is defining "truth" as you are presenting it?
You may offer your opinion, but don't confuse your opinion with truth and while offering your unsolicited opinion, try to remember the other little thing about if you can't say anything nice.......

In any case, act as an adult or a child as much as you want in this thread because I'll not be back in it to read it or respond to it - I have better ways to spend my time than reading garbage.

Have a nice day

Get notified of new replies

To Other Forum Down ?

Old 09-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

those comments I cited as examples were not a "discussion" about another site, they were unnecessary "digs" that honestly were out of place and uncalled for.
I'm not acting as "champion" of ANY forum, I visit many. Some I enjoy more than others but that doesn't mean I'm going to start saying bad things or make fun of any of the others while on any particular one. There is no need to behavior or actions like that.
As I said in the last post, if you have nothing good to say just don't say anything. Face it, just what benefit or gain do you get from digs like that other than self amusement.

Most of us here are grown adults, not children on a playgrounding taunting another child so lets act like the grown responsible adults we are suppose to be.

Now, you know me well enough by now that I enjoy a little fun and humor as much if not more than anyone else, but this wasn't even good fun or humor.

As for "speaking the truth", just what truth is that? The truth as YOU believe it to be, which is simply nothing more than opinion, or are you attempting to speak for this entire forum and all it's members including the owner of this site? Would that make your comments anymore "truthful"? Who is defining "truth" as you are presenting it?
You may offer your opinion, but don't confuse your opinion with truth and while offering your unsolicited opinion, try to remember the other little thing about if you can't say anything nice.......

In any case, act as an adult or a child as much as you want in this thread because I'll not be back in it to read it or respond to it - I have better ways to spend my time than reading garbage.

Have a nice day

Thank you for you input Mother Theresa.

All this over a joke. I find it hard to believe that stepinwolf and BarryK never break *****. It was a joke.....get over it.

I visit many sites as well and have seen the corvette forum called corvetteforeskin and bubbascorvetteforum among others. I have seen vetteheads.com refered to as d!ckheads.com and grumpyoldvetteheads.com and never saw them as anything other than funny and moved on. I never once took offense because I spend time at all the sites and can see the little bits of truth in all the names.

So you never called a buddies Mustang a Rustang or a Mopar a Nocar, or a Trans Am a Trans Ham while hanging out at the drags with the guys ?

It was good natured ribbing. IMHO wolf and barry..... you two made it personal.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:36 PM
ctjackster
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Have a nice day

wow, so much love my question about your weighing in has been answered - because you feel that you have to either defend some other forum from Duntov's harsh words, or perhaps from my recitatin of my personal experience, which was indeed factual and witnessed by many (you don't wanna go there Barrycakes, the main actor has since admitted to the point I was crucified over.) Or, because you have some sort of syndrome that causes you to tell others how to act?

This is an internet forum honey, and unlike the "other place" free speech is still possible here.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

wow, so much love my question about your weighing in has been answered - because you feel that you have to either defend some other forum from Duntov's harsh words, or perhaps from my recitatin of my personal experience, which was indeed factual and witnessed by many (you don't wanna go there Barrycakes, the main actor has since admitted to the point I was crucified over.) Or, because you have some sort of syndrome that causes you to tell others how to act?

This is an internet forum honey, and unlike the "other place" free speech is still possible here.

It's recitation. Ever hear of spell check honey ?

That's Harsh

You ladies play nice. I'm going to Watkins Glen for a few days.

Last edited by Plastic Pig; 09-07-2006 at 03:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Other Forum Down ?