Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Tony @ Speed INC and Jeremy @ RPM Transmission A++++

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 12:18 PM
GoatKart
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tony @ Speed INC and Jeremy @ RPM Transmission A++++

Some are likely aware that i am in the process of getting a new RPM trans and a PI Converter installed after dumping my old trans. I noticed immediately what was happening when the shift flared up and i was slow getting 2nd gear and 3rd. So i parked the car immediately, and stopped driving.

Fast forward some time, and i ordered up an RPM Trans and PI Converter after a short discussion with Jeremy, who might i add was top notch to deal with, and continues to be top notch after sale. He guided me through the process, took the time on the phone to answer all my questions, and made sure i was ordering exactly what i wanted, and MORE importantly exactly what i NEEDED. He did not once try to up sell me any products or services. Something which he easily could have done.

So, I setup an install at Speed INC, as they were a vendor for RPM, and notably closer to me in Ames, Ia than a trip to RPM. As much as Jeremy invited me to the shop, i couldn't risk the distance, and couldn't take the extra time. I talked with Tony and Jeremy for a time about my nerves driving the car that far with a failing trans, though in the end, i agreed that the chances of a full out failure were minimal..

However, that's not how my luck works, so of course i ended up breaking down. The car lost reverse, second, and fourth gears. I managed using HPTuners and a laptop to get the car into 3rd with the converter locked and drove it to the nearest town at around 10pm and started trying to find a flatbed.

The next morning i was on the phone with Speed INC letting them know what had happened, and that i wasn't going to make it to them for the install. This had me a bit miffed, as my trans etc. was waiting for me to show up in Illinois. There is no worse feeling than a broken car, with nice new parts to fix it, just sitting and waiting, if only you would get there.

That said Tony without so much as a blink of the eye reassured me, that they would get the parts where ever they needed to be. So, i exchanged information, and within a single day of the incident, Tony had arranged a new freight carrier, and had my parts ready and out the door to the new shop.

A day later, my parts arrived at the new shop, and long story short, my car is having the new parts installed. Perhaps not at the shop of my choice, but none the less, installed, and it looks like things will turn out fine in the end.

I touched bases with Jeremy again, to let RPM know the install location had changed, and the core return might be coming from a different location. Jeremy assured me that there was no problem, just have them get in touch with RPM when they were ready to send it back.

Long story short, i wanted to write this review not because of the service i received when paying for parts to be installed at a shop, but rather, because of the service i received from both SPEED INC and RPM TRANSMISSIONS on parts they WEREN'T installing. Parts that Speed INC was making no money on, as i purchased the trans directly from RPM.

Speed INC and Tony in the end, made basically zero dollars from this drama, and in fact, if you account the time for them to get my parts moving down the road, may have paid a little bit. That is the type of dedication and customer service i look for in a shop for life.

RPM and Jeremy continues to give excellent after the sale service on their parts, even when they could have moved on. Again, showing that customer service means more than making the sale, it means supporting the end user through and through, to be sure they are happy 100%

This is not something i will soon forget from either of these companies, and i fully plan on backing this up with future sales and/or referrals for future sales. I can not say enough about what it meant to me, to not have to worry about these details, when i was already dealing with getting a car flat bedded to home. It really meant the world to me.

Last edited by GoatKart; 11-16-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:50 AM
tony@speedinc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the nice post, I'm glad I could help you out! If there is anything else I can help you with feel free to contact me at anytime, good luck with your build

Originally Posted by GoatKart
Some are likely aware that i am in the process of getting a new RPM trans and a PI Converter installed after dumping my old trans. I noticed immediately what was happening when the shift flared up and i was slow getting 2nd gear and 3rd. So i parked the car immediately, and stopped driving.

Fast forward some time, and i ordered up an RPM Trans and PI Converter after a short discussion with Jeremy, who might i add was top notch to deal with, and continues to be top notch after sale. He guided me through the process, took the time on the phone to answer all my questions, and made sure i was ordering exactly what i wanted, and MORE importantly exactly what i NEEDED. He did not once try to up sell me any products or services. Something which he easily could have done.

So, I setup an install at Speed INC, as they were a vendor for RPM, and notably closer to me in Ames, Ia than a trip to RPM. As much as Jeremy invited me to the shop, i couldn't risk the distance, and couldn't take the extra time. I talked with Tony and Jeremy for a time about my nerves driving the car that far with a failing trans, though in the end, i agreed that the chances of a full out failure were minimal..

However, that's not how my luck works, so of course i ended up breaking down. The car lost reverse, second, and fourth gears. I managed using HPTuners and a laptop to get the car into 3rd with the converter locked and drove it to the nearest town at around 10pm and started trying to find a flatbed.

The next morning i was on the phone with Speed INC letting them know what had happened, and that i wasn't going to make it to them for the install. This had me a bit miffed, as my trans etc. was waiting for me to show up in Illinois. There is no worse feeling than a broken car, with nice new parts to fix it, just sitting and waiting, if only you would get there.

That said Tony without so much as a blink of the eye reassured me, that they would get the parts where ever they needed to be. So, i exchanged information, and within a single day of the incident, Tony had arranged a new freight carrier, and had my parts ready and out the door to the new shop.

A day later, my parts arrived at the new shop, and long story short, my car is having the new parts installed. Perhaps not at the shop of my choice, but none the less, installed, and it looks like things will turn out fine in the end.

I touched bases with Jeremy again, to let RPM know the install location had changed, and the core return might be coming from a different location. Jeremy assured me that there was no problem, just have them get in touch with RPM when they were ready to send it back.

Long story short, i wanted to write this review not because of the service i received when paying for parts to be installed at a shop, but rather, because of the service i received from both SPEED INC and RPM TRANSMISSIONS on parts they WEREN'T installing. Parts that Speed INC was making no money on, as i purchased the trans directly from RPM.

Speed INC and Tony in the end, made basically zero dollars from this drama, and in fact, if you account the time for them to get my parts moving down the road, may have paid a little bit. That is the type of dedication and customer service i look for in a shop for life.

RPM and Jeremy continues to give excellent after the sale service on their parts, even when they could have moved on. Again, showing that customer service means more than making the sale, it means supporting the end user through and through, to be sure they are happy 100%

This is not something i will soon forget from either of these companies, and i fully plan on backing this up with future sales and/or referrals for future sales. I can not say enough about what it meant to me, to not have to worry about these details, when i was already dealing with getting a car flat bedded to home. It really meant the world to me.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:49 AM
0Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad we could work with you Aaron and Thank You very much for the kind words. At the end of the day, no matter how good of a product you make, the service you give after the sale is what people remember most. If you need anything at all please let me know.

Take care!
Old 11-26-2014, 11:06 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I agree RPM is the greatest, Just had them to redo my LeveL VII A4 trans. Guys it works great... Robert

Get notified of new replies

To Tony @ Speed INC and Jeremy @ RPM Transmission A++++