C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

new wheels for the new tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 04:58 PM
rickjaffe
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default new wheels for the new tires

well I'm looking to get new tires per preview thread. My hubcaps are pitted and the wheels are old and bad looking, so I've been thinking about upgrading the wheels also. I don't want to spend 2 grand on reproduction knock offs. Is there a modern chrome wheel which looks good on these c2's? what's a popular replacement?
Old 02-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Realtor-Bob
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have knock-offs on my '65 and I am seriously looking at AM Torq Thrust II s. 17" with some nice low profile radials.

Check out these to member cars - Dave's car (youwish2bme) and Stepinwolf. That's the look I'm goin for!

Good luck!

Bob
Old 02-16-2006, 10:36 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Realtor-Bob
I have knock-offs on my '65 and I am seriously looking at AM Torq Thrust II s. 17" with some nice low profile radials.

Check out these to member cars - Dave's car (youwish2bme) and Stepinwolf. That's the look I'm goin for!

Good luck!

Bob

Thanks Bob..

I don't have a side profile loaded into my sig right now but here's a nice profile shot off the car..
Old 02-19-2006, 09:27 AM
stepinwolf
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank's for the kind words on my choice of wheels. I need another set for my next project, and although I have visited every wheel manfacturers site I can find, for the life of my I can't seem to find anything else that suits me. I will probably end up purchasing an identical set for the next Corvette.

Here is a shot of the bare wheel ( without the center cap ) and the car on it's first sortie with the new wheels and rubber. The size is 18" by 7" and the rubber is Michelin Sport Pilot ps/2's in 235/40/18. The wheels are available with polished inner spokes, and with a satin finish. I chose satin to better match the finish on the sidepipes.

Stepinwolf

BTW the handling is now something to die for

Get notified of new replies

To new wheels for the new tires

Quick Reply: new wheels for the new tires