Go Back   Corvette Forum > C1 & C2 Corvettes, 1953 - 1967 > C1 & C2 Corvettes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C1 & C2 Corvettes
General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations Sponsored by
Flaming River
Industries

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 02-09-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
longbros
CF Senior Member

Default The best bonding adhesive to use

Fifteen years ago, when I made extensive fiberglass repairs to a 1970 Corvette, I used a bonding adhesive called "Super Corvette Fill & Bonding Adhesive. This product was marketed by The Corvette Shop in Southfield, Mich. It was great stuff, easy to use, and could be used as a surface filler also. Does anyone know if this product is still available, perhaps through another supplier, and if not, what bonding adhesive do you recommend?
Fred
longbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #2
Scott Marzahl
CF Senior Member

Default Have you looked for the Evercoat products

Most local autobody supply shops carry the Evercoat Corvette Bonding adhesives, one product for fiberglass and another adhesive for SMC panels. Ecklers and Corvette Image both sell bonding adhesives. The next step up is the Lord Fusor bonding products which most supply shops carry too, a lot more spendy and the gun costs like $40 by itself.
Scott Marzahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:47 PM   #3
longbros
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Marzahl
Most local autobody supply shops carry the Evercoat Corvette Bonding adhesives, one product for fiberglass and another adhesive for SMC panels. Ecklers and Corvette Image both sell bonding adhesives. The next step up is the Lord Fusor bonding products which most supply shops carry too, a lot more spendy and the gun costs like $40 by itself.
I looked for Evercoat, but see now that I was not spelling correctly. I will try again. The one thing I liked about the product I used before, is that they also recommended it for filling. I think Ecklers bonding adhesive is not recommended for filling. The product I used before had great adhesive strength, and the product cured to a rock hard finish.
longbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
Scott Marzahl
CF Senior Member

Default Same holds true for Evercoat and

the Ecklers and the Corvette Image adhesives. They are all Polyester resin based products for fiberglass and are recommended for high build up areas. Evercoat also makes a filler just for Corvette fiberglass.
Scott Marzahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:28 PM   #5
DansYellow66
CF Senior Member

I liked Ecklers better than Evercoat, but Evercoat seems a little less full-bodied and is useful for forcing between panel joints that have become un-bonded, to bond them again.
DansYellow66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:21 PM   #6
rponfick
CF Senior Member

Longbros, I just check the gallon of Vette Bond II bonding adhesive I just received from Corvette Central. The label on it states it is from the Corvette Shop, but out of some place in New York. It says it is for filling and bonding.
rponfick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:06 AM   #7
vintagecorvette
CF Senior Member

I uesd Vette Bond, I am not sure if there was a number after the name, but either way the stuff stuck and stuck well. (bonded a hood back together).

oWEN
vintagecorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:34 AM   #8
comp
CF Senior Member

comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:34 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C1 & C2 Corvettes, 1953 - 1967 > C1 & C2 Corvettes
Reload this Page The best bonding adhesive to use

Tags
adhesive, bond, bonding, c1, c2, c6, central, corvette, ecklerbonding, ecklers, evercoat, panels, smc, vette, vettebond