C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

anubody know this car? or Mershon's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 10:35 AM
ZRGator
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05
Default anubody know this car? or Mershon's?

Mershon's in Ohio has this car..
http://www.mershons.com/view_photo.a...age=Additional

and it's lookin pretty good. Anybody know anything about it? Is it real or is it...whatever.
I saw a 67 427/390 in that color scheme last weekend and I gotta admit it has me thinkin'...but not if it's not an original. Any guesses on the price range and what my 67 427/400hp a/c, h/r, shoulder harness, tele wheel, p/w with tank sticker and 54k miles and delivery sheet from the dealer coupe would be worth if I wanted to move into this one?
Old 07-21-2005, 11:07 AM
BarryK
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Dennis
it's been a year now so I guess you are already tired of your coupe?

I'd love to buy your coupe - BB w/ air - but unless you want to sell it at about 10% of it's value I'm SOL.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:19 AM
34andy
Big Block Junkie
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say that your car should be worth about the same as Mershon's undocumented convertible. What is Mershon's asking for the convertible?
Old 07-21-2005, 11:25 AM
ctjackster
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

is it a vert vs. coupe thing (I understand THAT), or do you really have a desire to move to the L36 from the L68?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:18 PM
2toys
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to Mershons earlier this year to look at mid-years. I test drove a '65 L76 I was interested in. It was leaking fuel onto the intake and had an erratic idle, the interior of the glove box was missing and cut wires hung inside. I was told it had an aftermarket stereo the owner had removed. They weren't shy about the price, but all else looked good.

When we got back I asked if I could inspect it on the rack, no problem. found it had a late model trans, *** shocks on the rear, rear quarter body repair and frame reinforcement at kick-up. Chassis was heavily sprayed in thick black paint. PASS

Numbers matching, to them, I was told is block only. As I've read here before these are used car places and you need to ask the questions and do your own inspection as they volunteer little.

Get notified of new replies

To anubody know this car? or Mershon's?

Quick Reply: anubody know this car? or Mershon's?