C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Grundy

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 02:28 PM
showem
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grundy

Just wondering if anyone has Grundy Insurance and about any claims. Grundy is saying unlimited miles and agreed value and cheaper than Hagerty any info will be helpfull.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:27 PM
crvettec2
Intermediate

Default grundy

i have had grundy for 7 yrs. only claim was for a broken windshield. I have nothing bad to say about them at all. they were good to work with on the glass.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:14 PM
showem
Advanced

Just got a quote from them seem to be a good company to work with. Thank you for the info.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:17 PM
ffas23
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I just started with Grundy on the 2nd of January of this year for all of my collector cars. I had been with American Collectors Insurance since the early 80's prior to going with Grundy. Grundy covers you for $500,000 liablity. American collectors covers you for $300,000. Grundy has unlimited mileage. American collectors has a limit of 2500 miles a year. Grundy is underwritten by Chubb Insurance in New Jersey. American Collectors is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida. Both are good company's to deal with and cost of insurance is very similiar but in my case Grundy had a better price for me than American Collectors did when it came to my Street Rod so I moved all my business over to Grundy and they were very happy to have me make the switch.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:43 PM
60corvetteman
Advanced

Default insurance

you might want to check with Hagerty at Hagerty.com
Old 03-21-2005, 09:14 AM
STING67RAY
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

very good response from grundy on a claim i made.
my vette was hit in the motel parking lot while at carlisle show.
i called from show on a friday. grundy called back on saturday to see if i had a estimate yet.
monday i took car to my body shop for estimate. next day their adjuster came to my home. by the end of the week i had a check.
they called two weeks later to see if work was satifactory.
great service if you ask me.
the down side was my body man kept car in body shop jail for about six months. he said he had more people stop and ask if car was for sale . i think he got a little more bussiness by displayig my car in front of shop.

Get notified of new replies

To Grundy

Quick Reply: Grundy