Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

WTB C2 Nice Driver... any leads?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

Default WTB C2 Nice Driver... any leads?

Hey Guys!

I am back in the hunt.... older and wiser I hope... trying to keep an open mind about cars and really just want to get the best one for the money.. $50ish is my max. I am focusing on 65-67 Convertibles, though I'd be open to "the right" coupe. I'd really like another 67, cause I have all the books, left over parts, and some experience...

Things I like
67s
I like ALL Corvette colors! That being said, I've got a special fondness for: Laguna Blue, Yellow, White/Red....
Stock Appearance

Things I'd rather avoid
Any frame/Birdcage issues
Repro Vin Tags & Trim Tags (already have been saved by a savvy inspector... thanks Pancho!)
Body Color that doesn't match the trim tag code.
Bubba style Repairs especially to the glass
Black interiors... though its not a deal killer depending on body color

I've been around here long enough to know that a few of you have been contemplating moving on from your car for various reasons...
If you have "been thinking about selling", and want your car to go to a good home, please let me know as if I am only chasing Craigslist Ads, I'll end up a day late and a dollar short most of the time.

PM or E-mail, let me know what you know!

Last edited by Revfan; 05-07-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:24 PM
prestige6
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Revfan
Hey Guys!

I would appreciate any leads that you have on a decent driver C2. This time around, I am older and wiser (just by a hair), and hope to be able to take my own advice about looking for a car.

That being said, I have books, manuals and some parts left over from my last restoration, so a '67 would be great, but I am really open to a solid car, regardless of color, hp, #s, coupe or convertible.

I've been around here long enough to know that a few of you have been contemplating moving on from your car for various reasons... If you have "been thinking about selling", please let me know as if I am only chasing Craigslist Ads, I'll end up a day late and a dollar short most of the time.

What are you looking to spend???
Old 02-15-2016, 06:35 PM
427heaven
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A solid car wanted-with a solid price that people know your willing to spend, equals solid leads! Good luck on your search.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:17 AM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

Greg- you know my deep affection for 64's and I know how much you love a convertible. I'm not telling you anything you don't know but I feel you can have an excellent 63/64 convertible that is well maintained for less than your budget. I continue to favor all years over '67's, not only because of price.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:49 AM
captain cook
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck in your search..It can take a while to find the best ride for the buck,,

Last edited by captain cook; 02-21-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:12 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Hey Guys!

I would appreciate any leads that you have on a decent driver C2. This time around, I am older and wiser (just by a hair), and hope to be able to take my own advice about looking for a car.

That being said, I have books, manuals and some parts left over from my last restoration, so a '67 would be great, but I am really open to a solid car of any year, regardless of color, hp, #s, coupe or convertible.

I've been around here long enough to know that a few of you have been contemplating moving on from your car for various reasons...
If you have "been thinking about selling", please let me know as if I am only chasing Craigslist Ads, I'll end up a day late and a dollar short most of the time.

http://www.usedcorvettesforsale.com/...iver-F-S-66965
Old 02-23-2016, 10:38 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default A real L79 with C60 is a rare car.

Nice car Mike. I would have bought it a year ago, but found mine in Bowling Green in April of last year. I really wanted a saddle interior, but could not turn away from the one I bought. It was to nice.GLWTS Thats a very good price.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:59 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,187 Posts

Is that one of elusive sb '67s with the bb hood.............?
Old 02-25-2016, 04:42 PM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

I have Pancho checking out a car for me Sunday...

Fingers crossed that its as good as it looks in the pictures!
You certainly have the right guy on the job. Good luck, I hope it works out
Old 02-28-2016, 01:41 PM
SMOKINGJOE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Pancho checking out a car for me Sunday...

Fingers crossed that its as good as it looks in the pictures!
GOOD LUCK
Old 02-29-2016, 03:05 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Car isn't going to work out. It was a black/red convertible with a 69 Camaro 396/375.

Looked good in pictures, but has a replacement front surround and fitment issues with headlights, hood, doors.

Oh, and a repro trim tag too.

I was kind of sad about this, because its a car that I have known about, and tried to buy when I first started searching 4 years ago. In the end, I didn't have as much as the owner's bottom line, so never got to the inspection stage.

I need a car with a solid birdcage and frame with good fitment of all the fiberglass.... It doesn't "have" to be unhit, but if it was, it needs to have been repaired properly without compromising the rest of the car.

Search continues!

Last edited by Revfan; 03-01-2016 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:14 PM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Be patient

There are a few unhit/unrepaired cars out there. I have one. Why lower your standards and accept a car that has had repair? You have spent many hours finding cars to post here. I always open your new posts to see what you have found. Great reading. Thanks. All of us owe you thanks. There are many members here with good cars and have friend with good cars. My point being, just be patient and a member or members here will come through for you. GLITH: Thank you for your service.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:50 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Oldgold49

That is what I am hoping.... I know that there is somebody here thinking about parting with their baby... or knows of a neighbor, friend, club member etc. Those are the best cars. I post the Craigslist stuff cause they are fun to look at... but they seem to be more of a "pig in a poke" some times.

A known car from a known member will probably have less issues.

I have been looking through the classifieds here to see some of the cars that were posted within the last 6 months. Some really nice stuff. I guess its all about the timing.. being just right.

I have faith though... the right car will come at the right time. God's timing is always perfect!
Old 03-08-2016, 07:27 AM
Hoosier44
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

No car yet... so a bumpety bump.

Timing seems to be everything in a car hunt....

Maybe I can jog some memories. Lyndale Blue '67 Convertible?

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5446293088.html
Old 03-13-2016, 11:49 PM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Received 480 Likes on 337 Posts

Rev check out the very nice looking 64 saddle tan in and out coupe that Buddy Cooper just posted above and it is in your budget. I do not know Buddy or the car but I like it.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:25 AM
Dr L-88
Le Mans Master

Received 1,240 Likes on 457 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Winner - Modified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year (stock)
C2 of Year Winner (stock) 2019
2017 C1 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by deejaydu
Rev check out the very nice looking 64 saddle tan in and out coupe that Buddy Cooper just posted above and it is in your budget. I do not know Buddy or the car but I like it.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tte-coupe.html
Old 03-14-2016, 01:51 PM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Received 480 Likes on 337 Posts

Rev I know that you are interested in the Black/White 65 BB but that car is a long shot at best. I learned a long time ago that people who are fishing (65 guy) rarely ever come through. You might get lucky but in the meantime this car meets and exceeds your WTB requirements. At least look into this one and let us know what you think.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB C2 Nice Driver... any leads?

Old 03-14-2016, 06:13 PM
midvette6067
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Red '65 With 54,000 miles

Originally Posted by deejaydu
Rev I know that you are interested in the Black/White 65 BB but that car is a long shot at best. I learned a long time ago that people who are fishing (65 guy) rarely ever come through. You might get lucky but in the meantime this car meets and exceeds your WTB requirements. At least look into this one and let us know what you think.
There is a car listed on NCRS.org Classifieds. John Somebody from AZ. Red with orig. 365 HP engine, but no radio, no PS or PBs. It does have a tele. column = Price at about $64000 as I recall...

Sounds real nice. Never been off the frame. Lots of Original there.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:56 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Thanks for the leads guys!

The Saddle Car certainly is nice... its certainly a contender.

I got PM'd with a car I am pretty excited to get more info on... in my favorite color so my fingers are crossed that it would work out.

If not, the 65 red/red coupe at the NCRS site looks very nice too.

But, still no car in my garage, so if you have any leads... please send them on!
Old 03-15-2016, 08:55 AM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

I agree the saddle tan car is very nice for the asking price. I continue to be interested in what you find!

Quick Reply: WTB C2 Nice Driver... any leads?