Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Not another wtb 67 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Xander
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Not another wtb 67 coupe

Oh yes. Yet another one

Well I have been looking for a good 6 months now and have had trouble finding the ONE. Ive seen a couple of restamps and fake tank sticker cars and was even close to buying one.
My story is just like many of the corvette enthusiasts here. Always loved these cars and now am fortunate to be able to afford one. I might have preferred to own one when I was 21 but I can appreciate it more now. Anyway, I am not a dealer, flipper or anything like that. Im not looking to take advantage of anyone. I want it to work for both me and seller so we can both walk away content.
What I prefer is: A 1967 BB coupe(390,400,435) sidepipes. Rather buy from a person then dealer. Not looking for yellow or black(couldnt afford it. Am looking for a car with some shred of documentation like a tank sticker or POP. I live in the Northeast and would like it to be geographically desireable( would consider travelling by plane, if had to for right situation). Looking for driver plus plus car. Maybe a recent frame off or one done 10 years ago with some mileage since. NCRS history a big plus. 50-90k. Btw 90k would be my end all be all car, I have to have it situation
Regards,
David
Old 05-01-2011, 08:01 PM
SBR
Safety Car

Received 678 Likes on 382 Posts

I know of a guaranteed original motored and tank sticker 390 hp coupe that was survivor certified at bloomington gold. Its a 390hp maroon coupe. Price is in the upper part of your range. PM me if you have a serious interest.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Xander
Racer

pm on the way
Old 05-01-2011, 09:00 PM
ny69ssdave
Instructor

I have a 67 coupe, marlboro mar, Not numbers matching, but numbers correct, with partial tank sticker. Upper end driver, extreamly nice frame and interior. sorry no side pipes though. priced right though, mid 50's call 716-397-4379 if interested
Old 05-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

PM sent
Old 05-01-2011, 10:04 PM
NVaVettes
Racer

PM Sent
Old 05-01-2011, 10:40 PM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Here is one in Canada: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:CA:1123
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Xander
Racer

I saw the ad on ebay earlier today. Looks real nice. Im going to inquire.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Xander
Racer

I spoke with the guy selling the car from Canada on ebay. Definitely not a people person. Real defensive from the beginning, not sure what that is about but........I think I will look elsewhere. Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:09 PM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

unfortunately there are a lot of scammers answering ebay and kijiji adds right now, maybe this is the reason he was defensive. Here is what i have gotten on mine: Hello,
I have forwarded your vehicle information to my client and after evaluation and due to time constraint on the fact that we are running short of time. I'm delighted to tell you that my client has recommended your vehicle, with full interest and he has instructed me to carry on with this transaction. Hope the engine and body is in perfect condition? He also instructed me to inform you that payment will get to you in a cashier check of $59,900.00 which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by my client. Due to company policy this check has to be made out in this amount to you, Because company policy only allows a refund payment on one cashier check. He finally made an offer $53,000.00USD,hope it's acceptable. So you are required to deduct the cost of your vehicle (car) $53,000.00USD, when payment gets to you and refund balance $6,900.00USD to the Agent ( Our Shipper ) for him to be able to offset shipping & tax charges, and other cosmetic repair costs.After payment has reached you and balance sent to shipper, the shipper's agent will come for inspection, pick up (of vehicle & signing of title papers),make some cosmetic touches and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my customer.Please confirm this and forward the following information; and another: Hello,

Thank you for your response. I'm glad to note in your mail that your vehicle is still available; I am genuinely interested to buy the vehicle and I want to respectfully ask you to remove the advert from the internet platform if it is possible. Also, should other persons contact you for the vehicle, do be kind enough to inform such persons that there is already a serious person who intends to buy the vehicle. Only if this is possible for you. Howbeit, I am not living in Canada presently, as to enable me come for a personal inspection of the vehicle before paying for it. At the time, I am stationed in Libya, although I want to relocate to Canada in the near future, which is why I desire to buy the vehicle from you.

And please, beside the issue of buying the vehicle I also have another important matter, which I would like to discuss with you in what follows:

I am a Red cross working in Libya on relief assignment by The International Committee of the Red Cross: War in Libya. On the other hand, i want to inform you that i have in my possession the sum of 13.8 Million Dollars, which i got from crude oil deal in Libya. I deposited this money with a Red Cross.

My sincere intention in writing you is to gain your kind permission and acceptance to receive the money on my behalf in Canada and also make investment with it. For your permission and acceptance, I will give you a commission as well as buy the vehicle from you.

If possible, may I request you to send me your information? Only if you are comfortable with this request. This is purely for the purpose of sending the money to you. The information needed is: Your full name, your private phone number, your full address.

If I get the above information and your full acceptance, I will send the money over to Canada, so that you will receive it for me before I can start coming over.

Sincerely,

See what i mean? How many cars have you bought sight unseen? Do these a**holes actually think we're that stupid?

Last edited by vt65; 05-03-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Xander
Racer

It is definitely a different world we live in. Ive seen these scams before and although most people would not fall for it someone eventually does. Its a numbers game.
Im just looking for a solid 67.

Get notified of new replies

To Not another wtb 67 coupe

Quick Reply: Not another wtb 67 coupe