Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1958 Corvette MODIFIED and Fully Updated

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:04 AM
restoreclassics
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1958 Corvette MODIFIED and Fully Updated

Here is a link to a fully MODIFIED and updated 1958 Corvette I have for sale:

http://s685.photobucket.com/albums/v...58%20Corvette/

If this does not come across as an automatic link then you may have to copy and paste to your browser. There are many many photos and 3 videos of this car. You can contact me at (402) 670-1476 CST. Ask for Gary Parks. Please mention the Corvette Forum posting when you call.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:25 AM
kwkenuf
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Interesting car. Price?

Last edited by kwkenuf; 09-27-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:24 PM
ktchir
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking car...what's the price?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:13 AM
restoreclassics
Intermediate

Have been asking $125,000 and are considering an offer which was made to us for $118,000. The car is still currently for sale and the price is negotiable. No money is down on the car yet so it is still available as of this morning. Thank you for asking. I neglected to put the price in the listing.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:41 AM
restoreclassics
Intermediate

Here are more details on the car:

It is sitting on a custom frame with C-4 suspension. It is an LS-1 with an automatic, Be Cool aluminum radiator with electric fan, new water pump, has p.s., p.b., a/c which blows ice cold. It has a completely new interior with a stereo system. The convertible top well has been upholstered like the interior and the trunk is done as well. The convertible top is new also. The full exhaust system is new with a pair of welded mufflers which go into split tips of which there are 4.

This car runs very well and is nice to drive, very comfortable. The paint is nice and the chrome is nice/new. I think you could take this car from coast to coast with no problems. We will service the car and have it cleaned and polished for the new owner. It is/will be ready to show and go. If you have any other questions about the car take a look at all the photos and video first then please feel free to call me at (402) 670- 1476. Ask for Gary Parks.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:24 PM
wolfman64
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 181 Posts
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified

When was this project built?
Old 09-28-2010, 11:28 PM
restoreclassics
Intermediate

I do not know when this car was started on. We just finished it about a month ago. I have no real idea what form or state of completion it was ever in. It was painted yellow when we got it and we did the white coves as well as changed wheels. There was a fair amount of sorting out to be done on it. But everything was looked at and any deficiencies corrected. Took about a month to do. Now it is a solid driver as well as being nice enough to show. It is really a show and go car. Very enjoyable but should not ever be considered a trailer queen. Very solid driver. Nothing left to do to it really unless to just personalize in some way by a new owner.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:59 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,358 Likes on 2,786 Posts

Just a heads-up... the wording of your posts sounds like you are in the business of selling cars, which might cause a moderator to be concerned with you not being a "supporting vendor."

Probably a good idea to contact a mod and make sure your thread is OK.

Good luck luck selling the car, its cool.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:57 AM
restoreclassics
Intermediate

This is privately owned. I understand that concern. Hope it doesn't cause a problem. Always doing something with C-1's.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:22 AM
kwkenuf
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by restoreclassics
This is privately owned. I understand that concern. Hope it doesn't cause a problem. Always doing something with C-1's.
Do you own the car?
Old 09-30-2010, 10:07 AM
restoreclassics
Intermediate

I am a junior member here. It seems like my ad for this '58 is causing less interest in the car than the status of it's ownership. I assure you I have title in hand.

To be clear, my profession and hobby and even spare time is spent on antique and classic cars, primarily C-1's. With me it is very difficult to separate what I do from who I am. I have been involved with old cars since I was 16 and I am 55 now. Do the math. The cars are what I am.

If I decide to try to use the Forum as a regular venue for advertisement I will pay the fees and do it that way. Until then, this is my first car to be shown here. If you like the car and wish to buy it I would be happy to talk to you at length about it. I have been watching responses to the car and if I see there is no real interest in it I may remove it in the next few days. Issue resolved.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:12 AM
restoreclassics
Intermediate

........ and it is normal for me to talk in terms of "us" and "we", etc. I have car guys around me all day long. I have people who work for/with me, I oversee people everyday. I am with car guys/friends in the evenings sometimes . I am always on guard not to talk about "me" all the time since every car I build has had to have some credit given to others and I am not one to hog the glory. Everyone deserves their fair share of the recognition. It's sad when you see a guy that has bought a car or had one built and it's suddenly the car HE built. That's a pet peeve of mine. Sorry.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:17 AM
restoreclassics
Intermediate

Please don't take this dialog as a rant. I just wanted to set the record straight. I am new to the Forum and find it useful as well as entertaining. If it is a positive experience for me I will continue to come here. If not................?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:05 AM
siestavette
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking Vette. Was on Ebay with a buy it now of $99,000. You state you are "considering" an offer of $118,000.. ????? I don't get the math !!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:46 AM
kwkenuf
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by restoreclassics
I am a junior member here. It seems like my ad for this '58 is causing less interest in the car than the status of it's ownership. I assure you I have title in hand.

If I decide to try to use the Forum as a regular venue for advertisement I will pay the fees and do it that way. Until then, this is my first car to be shown here.
Do you own the car? Your previous post implies that you do not, but you were unwilling to directly answer the ownership question posed previously.

The reason people ask this question is it is a very clear violation of forum rules and unfair to paid supporting vendors of this forum. I don't believe the forum has a "try it before you buy it" plan for advertising non-personally owned cars...

If you own the car, I wish you luck on the sale and welcome to the forum.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:55 AM
crossram
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Closed for now till I get some answers.

Get notified of new replies

To 1958 Corvette MODIFIED and Fully Updated

Quick Reply: 1958 Corvette MODIFIED and Fully Updated