Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Why so many C-2's for sale????????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Glenn's 67 BB Vert
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why so many C-2's for sale????????????

This forum has gone bonkers this year--When i was looking and i think Ken Smith will attest to my statement--There were not near as many C-2 Corvette's for sale here??--WHY -- the economy ?? Gas prices?? Were getting OLD?? Just wondering why is all --What do you think is the reason?? Glenn --and no mine is not for sale --I'm going to one day be buryed in it
Old 06-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Slick64
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't you ever got bored of cars? That's my reason. I flip them now and again like I do my motorcycles. They are just toys to be played with.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:19 PM
SrfCity
Advanced

If you're selling a car in this market it's because you need the dough.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Bowtyeguy
Le Mans Master

Received 513 Likes on 354 Posts

I agree with Slick 100 %, as for selling in this market , its been really good for me. I dont sell because I need money, I get tired of the car.

Last edited by Bowtyeguy; 06-19-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn's 67 BB Vert
This forum has gone bonkers this year--When i was looking and i think Ken Smith will attest to my statement--There were not near as many C-2 Corvette's for sale here??--WHY -- the economy ?? Gas prices?? Were getting OLD?? Just wondering why is all --What do you think is the reason?? Glenn --and no mine is not for sale --I'm going to one day be buryed in it
Yep
Old 06-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Slick64
Racer

Originally Posted by SrfCity
In that case I'd have to sell all the cars. My brand new WCC El Diablo just cost me more than all my cars combined.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:24 PM
onevetteguy
Instructor

Wow, interesting concept in the first post in this thread. A guy concerned about midyear prices but is going to be buried in his midyear.... huh? what did I miss here? Frankly speaking I think some people are creating threads to try and frighten other members into selling there midyear during an election year. I believe, If I liked my car I would keep it or if I were thinking of selling I'd price it the same as any other given time.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Glenn's 67 BB Vert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by onevetteguy
Wow, interesting concept in the first post in this thread. A guy concerned about midyear prices but is going to be buried in his midyear.... huh? what did I miss here? Frankly speaking I think some people are creating threads to try and frighten other members into selling there midyear during an election year. I believe, If I liked my car I would keep it or if I were thinking of selling I'd price it the same as any other given time.
I'm not trying to frighten anybody nor am i looking to buy a Vette i have one already--I was just makeing a point that there seems to be more up for sale than usual is all-- --At least i sign my Posts unlike some others--Glenn
Old 06-19-2008, 11:41 PM
richbopp
Melting Slicks

Location: Park City to SoCal - according to the map it's all down hill. No bad days in Indian Wells, California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's just the economy. People used to flip houses but that market is dead........... so now the collector crowd is putting their "investments" on the market to make next months mortgage payment. We have csinos here in SO Cal and they are doing a booming business

There's a pawn shop in Vegas with a 65 coupe around back. That tell you anything?
Old 06-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Doug F.
Advanced

This forum has gone bonkers this year--When i was looking and i think Ken Smith will attest to my statement--There were not near as many C-2 Corvette's for sale here??--WHY -- the economy ?? Gas prices?? Were getting OLD?? Just wondering why is all --What do you think is the reason??
1. Chevrolet sold a lot of them.
2. They have been desirable for 30+ years; people have preserved and rescued them.
3. They have experienced a speculative bubble over the last 5-10 years; during which time most buyers bought them in anticipation / hopes of ever-rising values.
4. The present uncertainties in the economy, coupled with unfavorable demographic trends, has caused speculators to re-consider their commitment (bail out).
Old 06-20-2008, 05:48 AM
BunkyByrd
Instructor

I believe that with the economy today, there's a belief that mid-year prices won't go up much if at all for a year or two. The flippers are cashing out.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:48 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,357 Likes on 2,785 Posts

-At least i sign my Posts unlike some others--Glenn
I've never understood the need for the handful of people who find it necessary to sign their posts.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:36 PM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,978 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
I've never understood the need for the handful of people who find it necessary to sign their posts.
It is not necessary. It is courteous. Kind of like identifying yourself first off to the person you are calling on the telephone.

Rich
Old 06-20-2008, 03:49 PM
tls630
Melting Slicks

I believe a lot of people are cashing out because they have to.Equity lines and second mortgages bought alot of these cars. They are in over thier heads and the toy's have to go.But this thing will level out. It will be right back up in 2-3 years.I would not worry if I didn't have to sell..
Old 06-20-2008, 06:06 PM
landlocked
Heel & Toe

Might be a good time to buy, huh fellas?
Dean
Old 06-20-2008, 06:46 PM
65convt
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SrfCity
If I needed the dough as you put it, the C-5 would be the first to go.
Going for a Tri Five Hot Rod. I have had Corvettes since I was 18. Iwill go through my Hot Rod faze and be back into Mid Years again. Sometimes you just need a change.
Rick
Old 06-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Tropical'67
Drifting

Default Why so many C-2's for sale????????????

One reason might be that a number of speculators were buying C2's thinking they could flip them sooner or later for a fat profit. Now the music has stopped like in the late 1980's and they're looking to unload.

Get notified of new replies

To Why so many C-2's for sale????????????

Old 06-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Too Slow '90
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by landlocked
Might be a good time to buy, huh fellas?
Dean
Hope so. I need a coupe to go with my vert.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Buttonhead
Racer

I'm not trying to frighten anybody nor am i looking to buy a Vette i have one already--I was just makeing a point that there seems to be more up for sale than usual is all-- --At least i sign my Posts unlike some others--Glenn
I hope this does not apply to any folks here,but I know for a fact that some people emptied their 401k's and borrowed against their house figuring that would always go up in value and now they are between a rock and a hard place when mortgage rates readjusted and house prices dropped. I personally can't imagine doing either of the above to finance a toy. I paid cash for my cars because I could afford to. If I could not I would not have bought them. The car market like everything else will come back,it is just bad for those that can't wait. Top quality cars with provenance are still selling all the time for real money, I agree with much of what has been posted,but if one of your considerations is the price of gas for these cars then you should not be buying one.

Last edited by Buttonhead; 06-21-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:52 AM
vettnut
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you remember the stock market's Black Monday? I don't remember the Year. I was at Bloomington Gold after Black Monday. There were men walking around with brief cases. OK, I was nieve. I asked one man why the brief case. He told me he was looking for tangible assets. What the H/// is a tangible asset. So I waited to see one of these brief cases open up and CASH. Yes Cash. This was before the $10,000.00 cash law to expose drug dealer/money launderers. I saw this gorgeous Black 62 with the buyer and seller sitting in this 62 counting cash. This was the first time I saw dealer types Running around with walkie talkies buying cars. This was Corvette Fever. The Corvette market is like all other markets. Ups and downs. When people are running OUT it's time to start Walking in and start buying quality.

Quick Reply: Why so many C-2's for sale????????????