Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfadt inverted Sport shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 11:12 AM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pfadt inverted Sport shocks

Just did my first Autocross on a set of these. All I have to say, if you are on the fence considering them...then get off the fence and order them! They are as good as others who use them say they are. I am shocked in the way the they make the car hook up and transition.

The honest truth is that I am now not good enough for the car, the car now has a new limit and I haven't found it yet. I thought I was giving the car everything yesterday, it just laughed at me and said "drive harder b***h, you haven't pushed me yet." The car never performed this good with the 04 Z06 shocks that I had previously installed. Now I just need to call PFADT up and see if they sell big brass ********* so I can man up and drive the car faster then I thought it was capable.

Last edited by ERND IT; 09-29-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Glad to hear you liked them. I'm looking forward to picking up a set for next season.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:07 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by thehammer69
Just did my first Autocross on a set of these. All I have to say, if you are on the fence considering them...then get off the fence and order them! They are as good as others who use them say they are. I am shocked in the way the they make the car hook up and transition.

The honest truth is that I am now not good enough for the car, the car now has a new limit and I haven't found it yet. I thought I was giving the car everything yesterday, it just laughed at me and said "drive harder bitch, you haven't pushed me yet." The car never performed this good with the 04 Z06 shocks that I had previously installed. Now I just need to call PFADT up and see if they sell big brass ********* so I can man up and drive the car faster then I thought it was capable.
i am in the same boat. Got mine going good too. (slicks.konis,polys) now I need more driving lessons and a 100 hours of track time God please give me track time!

but it is a blast!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:03 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,402 Likes on 750 Posts

Don,

Just so I can understand, what kind of setup are you running (tires, suspension)? If I understand your sig correctly, you're running in ASP?

Thanks, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 09-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Dave OH32
Instructor

I told you they were awesome Don. Glad you like the car after the addition. Good seeing you yesterday, man that course was fun.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:53 PM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
Don,

Just so I can understand, what kind of setup are you running (tires, suspension)? If I understand your sig correctly, you're running in ASP?

Thanks, and have a good one,
Mike
I really just have a SS suspension setup right now...

Hoosier A6's 295 & 315 on SSR comp wheels in OEM Z06 size.
Addco hollow 32mm front bar
PFADT Inverted Sport Shocks.
Corner weighted and Alignment done by David Farmer
Camber -2.25 & -1.05
1/16 toe out in front and 3/16 toe in in rear.

I started running ASP to find some competition in my region as I practically went undefeated in SS the last two years. I already have some items waiting to be installed that are not SS legal, so that will definitely keep me out of SS in the future.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dave OH32
I told you they were awesome Don. Glad you like the car after the addition. Good seeing you yesterday, man that course was fun.
Yes, that course was great. Once I changed the setting of the front shocks like you suggested, the car really was flying through transitions with ease where the old setup would have struggled. I now have to get my mind and body calibrated to the higher limits that I haven't found yet.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

I would like to hear from anyone running a 950-1000 lb spring up front, some stiffer sways bars with a lower profile of 1.5" - 2" (2 fingers gap) between tire and wheel well lip as many ASP cars are setup...

I assume they are valved for the stiffer springs and have a short enough body to allow for lower ride height?

I have been considering these, but most say go double adjustable. The price is extremly attractive on the Pfadt shocks.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 AM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Solo2GS
I would like to hear from anyone running a 950-1000 lb spring up front, some stiffer sways bars with a lower profile of 1.5" - 2" (2 fingers gap) between tire and wheel well lip as many ASP cars are setup...

I assume they are valved for the stiffer springs and have a short enough body to allow for lower ride height?
I have discussed this with Aaron Pfadt before I bought the Shocks. According to him, if you run higher rate springs, you can just dial in more rebound to control the new spring.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

That is what I kind of figured, but some companies will valve them depending on your spring rate. Did not know if they did that or not.

I have QA1's on my C4 from Naake, that were valved for auto-x, and are single adjustable. Worked great on the C4. one **** to make the changes.

Although I am sure a double and triple adjustable shock can be finer tuned, I as well am thinking its just easier with the one **** as to not screw it up so much!

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt inverted Sport shocks

Quick Reply: Pfadt inverted Sport shocks