Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scotty White, V710's

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 07:34 PM
7Bob3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Scotty White, V710's

The new 710's are in stock at Tire Rack. Any word on eligability?
Old 05-23-2004, 02:35 AM
Scotty B
Racer

Default Re: Scotty White, V710's (Bob Blackmon)

It is my understanding that the tires will be eligable as soon as they are back according to the SEB and Comp Board.

The QC problems have been solved and the engineers went a bit overkill now to insure no further problems occur. Keep in mind folks that out of 3500 units in the field there were exactly 6 failures and NONE OF THEM WERE AIR LOSS OR CATASTROPHIC FAILURES! At least 4 of the failures were partialy related to 60+ psi when they came off the track

How that translates into 150 concerned racers calling SCCA to complain I am not sure...

sbw

The new 710's are in stock at Tire Rack. Any word on eligability?
Old 05-24-2004, 01:27 AM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Re: Scotty White, V710's (Scotty B)

I was gridded next to the Stacy Molleker/Kevin Dietz Z06 at the SD National Tour. Their rear 710s with exactly 3 runs on them had very visible butt splices. Looked scary. Much worse than my 710s with about 35 runs on them.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:29 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Scotty White, V710's (Bimota Guy)

If you returned a set, they will supposedly be automactically shipping new ones. I'll be keeping my eye out...
Old 05-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Racin Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Scotty White, V710's (95jersey)

I'm waiting for my replacment set. The 1 day I used my V710 I was very impressed. I can't wait to get the replacment set. I have already worn out the V700s they sent me to use.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:17 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Scotty White, V710's (Racin Z06)

I'm waiting for my replacment set. The 1 day I used my V710 I was very impressed. I can't wait to get the replacment set. I have already worn out the V700s they sent me to use.
Now that's what I'm talkin about! So many people come on here and say the get 10 track weekends..etc from their v700's.. Nice to see someone actually driving their car hard! I 'm waitin for mine 2 although I only got 1 day on my victoracers, they've got at least another weekend in em!
Old 05-24-2004, 08:44 PM
7Bob3
Burning Brakes

Thanks Scotty. Asked the same question to Gary T. on another board and he said the sizes shown on the website were a mistake and would be fixed. Poof, it's gone today!
Old 05-24-2004, 08:50 PM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 497 Likes on 265 Posts

I was back at Spring Mtn. this weekend with the Ecsta V700's Kumho gave to replace my V710's. The best I could do was 3 seconds a lap slower than when I had the V710's there.

I hope the replacement 710's are out soon!
Old 05-24-2004, 09:13 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

The SCCA website still says that the V710 is banned from use. Other associations also forbid the use of the V710. Is Kumho going to re-introduce a new tire using that name?? The Kumho website says that the V710 recall gives the current V710 owners replacement ECSTA V700 or Victoracers and nothing about a "new" V710. From what I read on the Tire Rack website, they don't say anything about the V710 shown there being all new and it appears that most all sizes are special order with a June delivery.

I would have expected Kumho to call the replacement tire the V720 or some other name so that there would be no confusion between the old and "new" tire.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Scotty B
Racer

Default Re: Scotty White, V710's (c4cruiser)

Just to clarify a few things and rumors...

The V710 is the tire that KUMHO was selling. The V710 had 6 reported failures and again NONE of them were air loss failures. My team has personally raced & tested several hundred miles on this model tire with not even a hint of failure!

We have CRUSHED track records with these tires without even a hint of failure. We have CRUSHED the TTOD & PAX classes on these tires this year.

The KUMHO engineers discovered a quality control issue with the first production run of the v710 and chose to pull the tire model off the market.

The QC issue has been addressed and the V710 is back in production and has been tested in the worst conditions by drivers hired to destroy the tires if they were able, they were not...

The new production run of tires will hit the market soon and at that time will become eligable for SCCA Solo1, 2 & Club Racing. As soon as KUMHO puts the tire back on the open market the tires will become eligabel again.

The reason SCCA removed their eligability was because of the fact that KUMHO had taken them off the market and recalled them. When KUMHO puts them back on the market SCCA will re-instate them as eligable tires for all venues per Comp board and SEB.

It will not be a new tire nor will it be a redesign nor a new compound, it will merely be the same tire with the QC issues present in the first production run solved.

And Oh Yeah, IT WILL BE BAD FAST and STICKY AS HELL!!! :mad

sbw :flag
Old 05-25-2004, 10:50 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Scotty,
I wish those tires were available when I did my Peru test. When they are available again I will test them and exploit results un-biased of course. When will these tires be available????The hurry-up and wait supply issues @Kumho has presently and in the past creates some concerns for us near mortals in the Corvette world. Call me you ROCKSTAR!!!!
RAFTRACER
Old 05-25-2004, 03:42 PM
LehmanZ06
Pro

Default Re: Scotty White, V710's (RAFTRACER)

Hey Danny I'm nosy ------what did you test ?

What did you find out ?

Care to share ?

Old 05-25-2004, 05:50 PM
Scotty B
Racer

Default Re: Scotty White, V710's (RAFTRACER)

Scotty,
I wish those tires were available when I did my Peru test. When they are available again I will test them and exploit results un-biased of course. When will these tires be available????The hurry-up and wait supply issues @Kumho has presently and in the past creates some concerns for us near mortals in the Corvette world. Call me you ROCKSTAR!!!!
RAFTRACER
Now look whos callin WHO a ROCKSTAR!

Hey buddy,

we should have 'em pretty soon, I'm hopin by June Sprints

Nice to see you on here of course except now I have to talk nice about you!

sbw
Old 05-25-2004, 07:08 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Scotty,
you're the one with the Gene Simmons boots, so you have to be the ROCKSTAR. I am intrested in testing the V710. I've seen some people in our area go suprisingly FAST on them, but you know I have to make my decision based on my results. Yourself, Scott Mchugh and GT seem to be going real fast on those and older Kumho products. I just dont want to be doing tire testing in late July and August.I know your head is in this T1 thing , but if you scratch my back, I will scratch yours. By the way , I damn near broken my toes on this m12 and diff. that are still here!!!!
RAFTRACER

Get notified of new replies

To Scotty White, V710's

Quick Reply: Scotty White, V710's