Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comp BSR Shaft Rockers Durability and Wear

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Just for Speed
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Comp BSR Shaft Rockers Durability and Wear

Im looking into running these and would like feedback from those who have run them. How are they holding up? Any bushing wear or rocker wear? Anyone notice improvements in stability? I've done alot of searching but im not finding anyone with info on how they have actually been holding up on customer cars, just alot of marketing info.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:02 AM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 699 Likes on 446 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

same here...lots of positive hype, including from very reputable places like AHP and Katech, but my concern is that the bushings don't have oil grooves milled into them...unlike other bushed rockers. I'm told the misting is enough. But why then do other bushed rockers have oil channels in them?
Old 04-15-2024, 01:46 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,015 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by Just for Speed
Im looking into running these and would like feedback from those who have run them. How are they holding up? Any bushing wear or rocker wear? Anyone notice improvements in stability? I've done alot of searching but im not finding anyone with info on how they have actually been holding up on customer cars, just alot of marketing info.
They are awesome rockers that hold up great
hands down the best LS rockers you can run unless you go with a true shaft mount roller rocker setup like Jesel, Crower or T&D
The YTS are Junk, the TSPs are Junk. The CHE kit is great as upgrade to stock rockers but the shaft mount on the BSR really keeps things super stable and keeps them from moving around.
In fact they dont mover around at all. We use them on our 8,000+rpm LS7 builds.

Originally Posted by tommyc6z06
same here...lots of positive hype, including from very reputable places like AHP and Katech, but my concern is that the bushings don't have oil grooves milled into them...unlike other bushed rockers. I'm told the misting is enough. But why then do other bushed rockers have oil channels in them?
For what its worth the CHE kits did not used to have the oil groves cut into them back in the day. That was a more recent addition that they started when they went to the DIY kits vs sending in your rockers to them to have them install their kits.
So in short I dont think it matter at all on these. I have seen no BSR failures or ever even heard of any. From what we have seen (we have been using them a few years now on all kinds of build) they are holding up great long term and the splash/mist oiling is all that is needed
Kohle

https://americanheritageperformance.com/
The following users liked this post:
tommyc6z06 (04-15-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 01:53 PM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 699 Likes on 446 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Thanks Kohle!
American Heritage (04-15-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 02:23 PM
Just for Speed
Instructor

Thanks Kohle. Great to hear some feedback on stability and no reported durability issues. Have you seen any of these taken apart after extended use to see what the bearing wear looks like if any? I’ve seen other bushes rockers that had bushing wear but the owner didn’t notice it until he took them apart. The wear was enough to be visually apparent. I don’t remember the brand of those bushings though but just curious what the BSRs look like.
Old 04-15-2024, 03:15 PM
LouiC6Z
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by American Heritage
They are awesome rockers that hold up great
hands down the best LS rockers you can run unless you go with a true shaft mount roller rocker setup like Jesel, Crower or T&D
The YTS are Junk, the TSPs are Junk. The CHE kit is great as upgrade to stock rockers but the shaft mount on the BSR really keeps things super stable and keeps them from moving around.
In fact they dont mover around at all. We use them on our 8,000+rpm LS7 builds.

For what its worth the CHE kits did not used to have the oil groves cut into them back in the day. That was a more recent addition that they started when they went to the DIY kits vs sending in your rockers to them to have them install their kits.
So in short I dont think it matter at all on these. I have seen no BSR failures or ever even heard of any. From what we have seen (we have been using them a few years now on all kinds of build) they are holding up great long term and the splash/mist oiling is all that is needed
Kohle

Hey Kohle,

How high would say is "safe" to rev the stock ls7 rocker with the CHE kit to? For majority of the shifts I short shift at around 6500rpm even on track to preserve some valvetrain life, but the odd time I go all the way to 7400rpm (cam is on the bigger side lol). Whats your opinion? I plan on doing BSRs eventually likely the next time I pull the heads off for inspection.
Thanks!
Old 04-15-2024, 03:28 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by LouiC6Z
Hey Kohle,

How high would say is "safe" to rev the stock ls7 rocker with the CHE kit to? For majority of the shifts I short shift at around 6500rpm even on track to preserve some valvetrain life, but the odd time I go all the way to 7400rpm (cam is on the bigger side lol). Whats your opinion? I plan on doing BSRs eventually likely the next time I pull the heads off for inspection.
Thanks!
Its not really about how high you can rev it but more whats the highest you want to rev it to go the fastest.
What I mean is.... The stock LS7 makes peak power at right around 6,400rpms. What you want to do is shift 300-500rpm past peak power when racing so when you shift and your RPMs drop back down it puts you back in the "sweet" spot on your power band. Shifting 800-1,000rpms past peak power is going to make you go slower not faster. So even if the engine can rev safely all the way to say 8000rpms for example you would not want to rev it that high if your goal was to go as fast as possible.
So in short always shift 300-500rpms past peak power when trying to go as fast as possible.

Old 04-15-2024, 03:35 PM
LouiC6Z
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Understandable, I was more curious on how reliable the stock rocker would be with CHE kit at above 7000 rpm as my cam makes peak power around 6800rpm and holds. Have you seen stock rocker failures at higher than stock rev limits?
Old 04-15-2024, 03:43 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by LouiC6Z
Understandable, I was more curious on how reliable the stock rocker would be with CHE kit at above 7000 rpm as my cam makes peak power around 6800rpm and holds. Have you seen stock rocker failures at higher than stock rev limits?
Ahh ok I see
I have not seen stock rockers fail to often.
But what I have noticed on high rpm applications and stock rockers is that the stock rockers move around alot which you will see evidence of in the rocker saddles on the heads (shiny marks from the rockers wiggling around and polishing the saddles).
We do not see this with the bsr shaft mount setup.

Just for Speed (04-15-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 04:06 PM
Just for Speed
Instructor

Originally Posted by American Heritage
Ahh ok I see
I have not seen stock rockers fail to often.
But what I have noticed on high rpm applications and stock rockers is that the stock rockers move around alot which you will see evidence of in the rocker saddles on the heads (shiny marks from the rockers wiggling around and polishing the saddles).
We do not see this with the bsr shaft mount setup.

This is a really good data point. Thanks!
American Heritage (04-15-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To Comp BSR Shaft Rockers Durability and Wear

Quick Reply: Comp BSR Shaft Rockers Durability and Wear