Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You ever pee in someone’s Cheerios at the track ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 07:13 AM
MDeg
Racer

Received 484 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Staley
I've had mostly positive experiences during track days, but I've had a few people that had to make comments about my car being too old for the track. Something about it being too prone to breaking down, even though I've never broke down on track or dropped any fluids. I just ignore them and enjoy the day.

Off topic comment here but that is bad *** that you take this thing to the track. Love it man.
The following users liked this post:
Jason Staley (06-02-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 09:05 PM
tangel2
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cap'n Pete
The guy kept at it, and started going off about how I was "out of control" with my $10,000 Camaro, while they were in a $100,000 Porsche Turbo, blah, blah, blah (........................because we all know that MONEY buys TALENT, right?!???! )
That kind of b.s. is more prevalent with the newer Porsche owners, frustrating because it perpetuates the stereotype. Fortunately those of us with older cars and that self-support tend to be more down-to-earth and fun to share track and paddock space with.
Cap'n Pete (06-03-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 11:10 AM
passmenow
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I race with a vintage club, just out to have fun and be safe.
Amazed at how well the drivers cooperate on passing with rarely a point by required.
Vintage club drivers have been vetted before membership, they know the track and how to position their cars it just makes passing and racing safer.
Yes most are older and experienced but this day one of the guys had his 18 year old daughter passing her rookie test.
(She did great, and said my car scared her when it went past lol).
Vintage racing is a totally different vibe from other track day clubs.
96GS#007 (06-20-2022)
Old 06-19-2022, 07:55 PM
911hutch
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all about those vintage wheels.....nice

Quick Reply: You ever pee in someone’s Cheerios at the track ?