Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Respect for fleming23 and RichieRich

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 07:23 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default Respect for fleming23 and RichieRich

I’ve been able to watch several episodes of the Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car Series and really enjoy seeing at least two of our members compete!

To say the least, it’s motivational to travel the country for track days and (hopefully) also soon make an entry to compete in a series.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:35 PM
gimp
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 364 Likes on 281 Posts

This is why I take my car to Abel and do what Rich tells me to. He knows his stuff, from the seat and from the service desk.
The following 2 users liked this post by gimp:
chandretti15 (09-20-2019), moose.b3 (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 09:20 AM
OptimaJim
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for watching! Anyone else who want to see the series can watch it on-demand anytime on the OPTIMA Network on Roku- https://channelstore.roku.com/detail...optima-network

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries
www.DriveOPTIMA.com
The following users liked this post:
Racechick (10-16-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 07:45 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by lrobe22
I’ve been able to watch several episodes of the Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car Series and really enjoy seeing at least two of our members compete!

To say the least, it’s motivational to travel the country for track days and (hopefully) also soon make an entry to compete in a series.
Thank you and I'm honored if I can get somebody else to try and compete. 5 years ago I had been watching the show and thought it would be fun to try. We did our first event and got hooked. I can honestly say it's one of the coolest things we do. Not for just the racing part or the TV part, but because the people who compete in the series are some of the coolest folks in the world. We've literally made dozens of friends we never would've had if we didn't go out and run. We hang out away from racing and we get to see them at other events we also do.
OptimaJim (09-25-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 03:00 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Thank you and I'm honored if I can get somebody else to try and compete. 5 years ago I had been watching the show and thought it would be fun to try. We did our first event and got hooked. I can honestly say it's one of the coolest things we do. Not for just the racing part or the TV part, but because the people who compete in the series are some of the coolest folks in the world. We've literally made dozens of friends we never would've had if we didn't go out and run. We hang out away from racing and we get to see them at other events we also do.
I'll echo what Rich said, I've certainly made SEVERAL friends through the series, both competitors and titans in the automotive industry. I hate that I crashed that red C7Z earlier this year as it was my "Optima" car and was getting pretty competitive in class. Now I have a silver C6 that I really don't think fits the series nearly as well, even with the addition of the Outlaw class. I am currently debating whether it is worth the time and expense to get to car to Vegas again this year to battle with people like Rich, Swenson, Feras, etc., all who make significantly more power than my little LS7 (although working on that plan as well.)

I may still do some events from time to time, might even go after that Outlaw class next year, who knows. Either way, running with (and against) your buddies is significantly more enjoyable than just going out and turning laps, or competing against random people you don't know.

Since we were called out, I'll go ahead and say the old Pfadt development car (although not really anything left of it) came away with the W this past weekend for the Speed Ring event in Pontiac Michigan. I did not have the fastest car, but through some luck and adversity on competitor's part, I left with a win.

Last edited by fleming23; 09-24-2019 at 03:06 PM.
RichieRichZ06 (09-24-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Respect for fleming23 and RichieRich

Quick Reply: Respect for fleming23 and RichieRich