Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Optima Ultimate Street Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 02:28 AM
Logan Palmer
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by tireshredder
Which one is yours? I'll see if I have more photos.
That would be great! It's the Red, White, and Blue Z06.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:51 PM
tireshredder
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Logan Palmer
That would be great! It's the Red, White, and Blue Z06.

Here are the other two shots I had of your car. I like the first photo I posted because the side of the car is in the sun. Your car looks pretty great. You should be able to save these photos. They are attached to the forum.
Attached Images   
Old 11-13-2017, 10:18 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by jcarothers
You're not giving the Evo enough credit, especially a highly modified one.
They are incredibly fast when well set up, especially at speed stop and and auto cross, with a design similar to what they gave us at OUSCI. A course without a launch element at the beginning pretty eliminates any advantage they have and the results could have been different.

On the big course, where IMO it really matters, they were 1.5+ serconds (Ranvek) to 3+ seconds (Thwaits) behind Danny and I.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:41 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,321 Likes on 992 Posts

D&E shouldn't be judged by people internally involved with Optima Challenge directly. A panel of judges from businesses that are sponsors of the event each year, should be used and scores averaged for a final. Doing anything else only means it's internal control over the outcome.

They couldn't let another Corvette win this year, I think that was clear. Need diversity in the series and the outcome. I think the fact they revealed they'd be looking at data from Corvettes reveals there is a bit of "BOP" that needs applied.

Great series though...as with all things come complexity and you can't make everyone happy, but...it is what it is.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:11 PM
BMERETR
Keep The Shiny Sine Up
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It seems to me that a motorsport competition should have a set of points for each event ie.
The 1st place in the autocross gets 100 then 2nd place gets 90 and so on
That’s how the normal world works
Putting an opinion into the mix is a part that makes this the problem
It’s like saying a golfer should win because he has shiny shoes and a flashy golf club
Even if he has 4 more strokes per hole

If the opinion part of D.E goes away it would make more sense
After all there are many colors of each car and there should be no advantage to the color but as it is the opinion of this D.E leaves the color as something that might score better than others
I like yellow but Danny likes Blue and the judges are tired of seeing yellow all the time so it goes to pink as there is only 1 car sporting that

Just my opinion
I might start watching other motorsports if this continues
Old 11-18-2017, 03:47 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

This series has gotten so big and popular that there is a lot of money being spent on the cars. They get more TV air time than all the autocross and SCCA championship series put together IMO. That's a lot of incentive for people to want to do this, for both ego and business gains. When you get this much exposure there will always be issues, favors, unpopular outcomes and unhappy competitors.....pretty much like any other series or event that gets this big.

I think D&E is important to this series. But I think that the actual competitors should vote on which vehicle gets the nod. Obviously you can't vote for your own car but I think the competitors would give a more unique and unbiased vote on which cars are the D&E winners.

If they are still doing the spirit of the event award, that too should be voted on by the competitors.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Garry_W_C5_1999
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tireshredder
I went to SEMA and the first day of the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational. Here are some photos of most of the Corvettes that were competing. Vegas has a great race track and good views of Red Rock and the Strip in the distance.
Nice photo's, thanks. Yellow C5Z06.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:18 PM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Default c4 representing

http://www.superchevy.com/events/180...r-new-orleans/

http://www.corvetteonline.com/news/c...n-competition/

http://www.powerperformancenews.com/...n-competition/

Quick Reply: Optima Ultimate Street Corvettes