Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metro Atlanta - need C7 alignment (rear caster)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 04:59 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Default Metro Atlanta - need C7 alignment (rear caster)

Can anyone confirm a quality shop, capable of doing an alignment on a C7Z, to include rear caster? I have the aluminum bracket from Wstaab but need someone with a level lift, who knows what they are doing and doesn't get all pissy when I have specific alignment specs requested. I should have my hands on a new DSC shock controller and would like to set the alignment per their specs.

Gran Turismo East is my general go-to, but last time I was there they did not have the tools (I did not have my bracket yet) and I am not positive their rack is level... I feel they are probably capable, but I also would like to get this done this week, preferably this Saturday so I don't have to take time off work, and they are not open. They get a little cranky when I request exact alignment specs too, but that is also usually on my old car which granted is a PITA to work on.

I thought Butler Tire Austell might be capable as I know Bobby who does their alignments but he did not seem confident. Plus I doubt their rack is leveled either.

Any suggestions? Trying to get this done before Chin at Road Atlanta Thanksgiving weekend, assuming my DSC controller arrives in time.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:34 PM
bags142
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by fleming23
Can anyone confirm a quality shop, capable of doing an alignment on a C7Z, to include rear caster? I have the aluminum bracket from Wstaab but need someone with a level lift, who knows what they are doing and doesn't get all pissy when I have specific alignment specs requested. I should have my hands on a new DSC shock controller and would like to set the alignment per their specs.

Gran Turismo East is my general go-to, but last time I was there they did not have the tools (I did not have my bracket yet) and I am not positive their rack is level... I feel they are probably capable, but I also would like to get this done this week, preferably this Saturday so I don't have to take time off work, and they are not open. They get a little cranky when I request exact alignment specs too, but that is also usually on my old car which granted is a PITA to work on.

I thought Butler Tire Austell might be capable as I know Bobby who does their alignments but he did not seem confident. Plus I doubt their rack is leveled either.

Any suggestions? Trying to get this done before Chin at Road Atlanta Thanksgiving weekend, assuming my DSC controller arrives in time.

Butler Tire is good.. Any location... But I know the Alpharetta one has an awesome tech and the Buckhead shop manager is Geordie. Geordie is a BMWCCA racer and a standup dude.

Call him and see. And if you do call tell him Bags said he was good people. You won't get a discount, but he will talk BS about me and that will be slightly entertaining!

The following users liked this post:
fleming23 (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 06:41 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bags142
Butler Tire is good.. Any location... But I know the Alpharetta one has an awesome tech and the Buckhead shop manager is Geordie. Geordie is a BMWCCA racer and a standup dude.

Call him and see. And if you do call tell him Bags said he was good people. You won't get a discount, but he will talk BS about me and that will be slightly entertaining!

Thanks, Wstaab just told me both Alpharetta and Marietta do a good job so looks like I'll try one of those Saturday morning! Appreciate it!
Old 11-17-2016, 11:22 PM
Jet Jockey & C5
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fleming23

I'm a HPDE Instructor, and I just discovered Major Service Center of Powder Springs, GA - right across from American Corvette. Mike & Linda Hoffman are the 35 year owners. Mike is a racer from way back. He just did my C6Z06 with custom settings for track use and his work and prices are amazing! My Vette has NEVER felt better on track! His alignment was incredible and my lap times were better than I'd ever run on TDGP track where I went next.

He's at 770-943-2050. He uses state of the art equipment and his floor is perfectly flat. He knows all the big tricks to getting a car set up just right. Feel free to tell him that Ken Wiseman recommended him most highly based on his recent work (October, 2016) on my C6Z06.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:53 AM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jet Jockey & C5
I'm a HPDE Instructor, and I just discovered Major Service Center of Powder Springs, GA - right across from American Corvette. Mike & Linda Hoffman are the 35 year owners. Mike is a racer from way back. He just did my C6Z06 with custom settings for track use and his work and prices are amazing! My Vette has NEVER felt better on track! His alignment was incredible and my lap times were better than I'd ever run on TDGP track where I went next.

He's at 770-943-2050. He uses state of the art equipment and his floor is perfectly flat. He knows all the big tricks to getting a car set up just right. Feel free to tell him that Ken Wiseman recommended him most highly based on his recent work (October, 2016) on my C6Z06.
Thanks, I've used both Major's and Brent at American Corvette on my C3 a while back, but sort of forgot he was over there.

Get notified of new replies

To Metro Atlanta - need C7 alignment (rear caster)

Quick Reply: Metro Atlanta - need C7 alignment (rear caster)