Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another use for race helmets

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 10:30 AM
emptnest
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Another use for race helmets

So, here in wild and wonderful WV, it's offseason. So we spend our downtime doing fun things like digging out from the blizzard of Jonas. We had about 21 inches here in Morgantown.

One of the challenges of snow blowing is getting a face full of snow when the wind shifts on you (especially likely when you change directions).

As I wished I had a full face shield, I realized that I already had one on my racing helmet. So I gave it a try and it worked great. No more icey eyebrows or frozen nose. It was quiet and warm, allowing me to stream some tunes. Fun times.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:41 AM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

You also could make it a winter sport, just sayn'.
Attached Images  
Old 01-24-2016, 12:22 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I use an old one for blasting down the lake on my bass boat when it's below freezing temps.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:42 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by emptnest
So, here in wild and wonderful WV, it's offseason. So we spend our downtime doing fun things like digging out from the blizzard of Jonas. We had about 21 inches here in Morgantown.

One of the challenges of snow blowing is getting a face full of snow when the wind shifts on you (especially likely when you change directions).

As I wished I had a full face shield, I realized that I already had one on my racing helmet. So I gave it a try and it worked great. No more icey eyebrows or frozen nose. It was quiet and warm, allowing me to stream some tunes. Fun times.
I like it... May have to try this on the next one. I sure got plenty of powder blasted in my face last night..
Old 01-24-2016, 05:24 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Another use for race helmets

Quick Reply: Another use for race helmets