Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealing with Doug Rippie Motorsports...

Old 07-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Firefighter84
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought some SS brake lines for a C5 by accident instead of a C6. Randy sent me the right ones out will a return shipping label. Didn't ask for a dime for my mistake in ordering the wrong part. Very nice to deal with and great cf vendor!
Old 07-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Woods
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been dealing with DRM since the early 90's (read before the internet) and they have always offered quality products. Randy's knowledge and customer service is unparalleled.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:28 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
Back in Feb. my Chump team car developed a leak in an oil cooler line. Randy was just hanging out with us for the fun of it but he jumped under the car, assessed the problem and installed the new line for us because he was, as he said, "the young one in the group". He was absolutely covered with oil when he completed the repair. I will always give DRM the first shot at my business. I enjoy doing business with folks that aren't 'too good' to do actual work.

Oh yeah, he found a couple of other areas that needed attention while he was under the car and fixed those as well.
Arte, did you forget he did all the work in the rain and was wet as hell?

I ask you guys to say a prayer or two for Randy. Randy has has had a few health issues and a few extra prayers will never hurt.

I raced against Doug, Randy's dad. I can tell you Randy is absolutely first class.

Jim
Old 07-18-2014, 02:52 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn it Daniel

After reading the thread I'm a bit choked up. You guys make my job, life, hobby and passion more fun then anyone can ask for. It's been 20 years in the aftermarket business already! Not bad for the ripe old age of 34. The friends I have made in that amount of time is unheard of in any other business. The cars brought us together but it goes much deeper then a mass produced GM product. The venting both ways, talking about marriage, finances, getting old, dogs, other hobbies, travel, political, and basically life. You guys have been the best anyone could ask for.

Jim broke the silence to the forum, which is ok because most of you know already I have had 16 doctor appointments since the 1st of the year, and no signs of that letting up. Autoimmune diseases is the great mystery of the 21st century in the medical field. I'm attacking on the western, eastern and faith fronts. I told my immune system that if it wants war, I will give it war.

Good night y'all
Randy Rippie
Old 07-18-2014, 05:02 PM
KNSBrakes
Supporting Vendor

Received 360 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
Damn it Daniel

After reading the thread I'm a bit choked up. You guys make my job, life, hobby and passion more fun then anyone can ask for. It's been 20 years in the aftermarket business already! Not bad for the ripe old age of 34. The friends I have made in that amount of time is unheard of in any other business. The cars brought us together but it goes much deeper then a mass produced GM product. The venting both ways, talking about marriage, finances, getting old, dogs, other hobbies, travel, political, and basically life. You guys have been the best anyone could ask for.

Jim broke the silence to the forum, which is ok because most of you know already I have had 16 doctor appointments since the 1st of the year, and no signs of that letting up. Autoimmune diseases is the great mystery of the 21st century in the medical field. I'm attacking on the western, eastern and faith fronts. I told my immune system that if it wants war, I will give it war.

Good night y'all
Randy Rippie

We just became neighbors and friends this year.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:52 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KNSBrakes

We just became neighbors and friends this year.
Turn that frown upside down Plenty of fight left with this guy!

BTW I'm 99 percent on early August at VIR, that 1 percent is for the wife factor.

Randy
Old 07-24-2014, 10:31 AM
jdc
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

DRM it a first class operation. Good luck Randy.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:13 PM
g.t.o.boy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Great products

I have purchased several products for may C5 from DRM and I'm always very pleased with the quality and fit, most have been over the internet, or phone, so not a lot of personal interaction. All parts fit good and are high quality, from the C5 hood (no trimming) to the brake bias spring, I would much rather do business with DRM than Some of the others as at least they do more than go in straight line with their products, and quality fit. Hope all is going well with your battle.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:15 PM
tytek
Gasoline Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I asked Randy about one of their products via their online inquiry. I had an answer within 24h and he explained that it wouldn't address my issue, instead of pushing to make a sale. Even told where to buy what I do need (not their site).

A true asset to this community. Much impressed by the way he runs his business!!! Will choose to buy from DRM when given the opportunity.

Lots of positive thoughts and energy coming your way, Randy!

Last edited by tytek; 08-07-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealing with Doug Rippie Motorsports...