Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need trigger for injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 01:51 PM
The Bus
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need trigger for injectors

I'll try to keep this as short as I can. I was having a dyno pull and my curves were jagged. My friend had the same problem in the past and had his distributor replaced and it solved the problem. I had a speed shop look at the dyno curves and they told me all needed to do was get rid of the computer controlled dist. and replace it with a vacuum advance unit and computer would still control the air/fuel mixture. They replaced my friends computer with a new Holly unit as well. They made no indication that I needed to change mine out. (*&*(*&*(* Well I rewired and replaced the dist./ and rewired the MSD 6AL. I have spark but engine will not start. It dawned on me that since there is now no connection to tell the computer when to fire the injectors. Where do I get a signal [Assuming from MSD unit ] to do this and what pins do I feed the signal to on the old computer cable that came from the dist,?? Could I be lucky enough to just use the magnetic pickup signal that the MSD 6AL unit uses. It required removal of the 4 pin module from the dist. and the MSD unit uses this signal only. This is a "91" computer.
Interested in all comments.
The Bus is online now Report Post
Old 04-19-2014, 03:09 PM
The Bus
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did some more research and found that if I use the tach output of the MSD 6AL and connect it to the purple wire with the white tracer that feeds the computer the car runs. SWEET

Quick Reply: Need trigger for injectors