Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7R Pictures from Long Beach

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 02:36 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Default C7R Pictures from Long Beach

Just wanted to share some of the pictures I took today and yesterday at the Grand Prix of Long Beach. To see the C7R up front and in action was incredible. To witness Jan's 1:17.9 qualifying lap and then Corvette Racing's first win of the season was something else. Also a huge thank you to the Corvette Racing team. On Friday I took my nephew to look at the C7R up close hoping we'd hear it. Instead they saw him looking in and invited him into the garage to take pictures inside the car! That was really cool of them. My nephew loved it. I dont know what buttons he started pushing in the cockpit but the #3 was fastest in qualifying and went on to win today! Lol. What a great weekend!

Met Team Corvette Racing legend, crew chief Dan Binks

I was like NO dont push anything! Lol

Old 04-13-2014, 03:17 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Jan and Antonio celebrating on the podium.

Crossing the finish line for the win!

Last edited by C5Natie; 04-13-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

Nice pics! Glad you got to see a win and you have created a new Vette fan for life.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:14 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the general lack of graphics and sponsors on the C7r.
Thanks for the pics and video.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:40 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, that looked like a perfect day! Good for you man, thanks for the pics.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:14 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Posted this in a LBGP thread in SoCal section, but thought might be appropriate this thread as well (so....sorry for the cross post):

Great drives by Corvette Racing #3 and #4! They took 1st and 3rd in IMSA GTLM class. Ultimately they ended up with a BMW Z4 sandwiched in between them, and the #4 couldn't get by....he had him "reeled in", but the BMW driver just wasn't making any mistakes.

I was the yellow flagger for the turn 1 main flag station for that race so I had an excellent view of the cars in that very demanding edge of braking/grip turn. The Vettes looked great/consistent lap after lap. Some of the BMW's were taking a lot of the apex curbing getting around, but the Vette's lines were typically just kissing that apex curbing. The Vettes were very consistent through the turn with very little drama. The lone Ferrari 458 was pretty squirly getting back on the power at the same spot.

I'm voting Corvette for best sound in that race (although I may be a bit biased). Deep, powerful, commanding presence...they just sounded bad a$$. I thought the BMW's sounded pretty good too. The Ferarri would have sounded great by itself (those precision shifts and high RPM sound way cool), but in that field, their audio track could have used a sub woofer!

In between racing sessions, they had lots of high speed ride alongs in various manufacturer's cars (mostly Toyota's). Bondurant had a C7 out on Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately, they didn't have the performance exhaust opened up full time. I don't have a C7, so I'm not exactly sure how it works on them, but the exhaust note was opening and closing like NPP (in the factory setting) in my Grand Sport (i.e. the valves only open up above 3500 RPM). Somebody should have had the foresight to get into the menus and open them up full time. The Bondurant C7 was following a Viper that was growling the whole time (i.e. on downshifts and all). At lower RPMs, with the exhaust valves closed, the C7 lost a lot of it's "presence" under braking and around the turns. In this setting (i.e. on a race track in front of a crowd), I think the C7 street car would have made a better impression with a little bit more volume.

And one last opinion: The C7R is a great looking car. I'm one of those that likes the C7 look, but I have yet to really fall in love with it. The C7 lines with the wider stance really works for me (am looking forward to seeing the 2015 Z06 in person....in torch red of course!).
Old 04-14-2014, 08:59 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Shooting mainly video but every now and then I'll whip out the 7D and grab a still.

Inside the hairpin is great, if they late apex you could slap the hood when they go by (literally).
Old 04-14-2014, 09:52 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets
Posted this in a LBGP thread in SoCal section, but thought might be appropriate this thread as well (so....sorry for the cross post):

Great drives by Corvette Racing #3 and #4! They took 1st and 3rd in IMSA GTLM class. Ultimately they ended up with a BMW Z4 sandwiched in between them, and the #4 couldn't get by....he had him "reeled in", but the BMW driver just wasn't making any mistakes.

I was the yellow flagger for the turn 1 main flag station for that race so I had an excellent view of the cars in that very demanding edge of braking/grip turn. The Vettes looked great/consistent lap after lap. Some of the BMW's were taking a lot of the apex curbing getting around, but the Vette's lines were typically just kissing that apex curbing. The Vettes were very consistent through the turn with very little drama. The lone Ferrari 458 was pretty squirly getting back on the power at the same spot.

I'm voting Corvette for best sound in that race (although I may be a bit biased). Deep, powerful, commanding presence...they just sounded bad a$$. I thought the BMW's sounded pretty good too. The Ferarri would have sounded great by itself (those precision shifts and high RPM sound way cool), but in that field, their audio track could have used a sub woofer!

In between racing sessions, they had lots of high speed ride alongs in various manufacturer's cars (mostly Toyota's). Bondurant had a C7 out on Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately, they didn't have the performance exhaust opened up full time. I don't have a C7, so I'm not exactly sure how it works on them, but the exhaust note was opening and closing like NPP (in the factory setting) in my Grand Sport (i.e. the valves only open up above 3500 RPM). Somebody should have had the foresight to get into the menus and open them up full time. The Bondurant C7 was following a Viper that was growling the whole time (i.e. on downshifts and all). At lower RPMs, with the exhaust valves closed, the C7 lost a lot of it's "presence" under braking and around the turns. In this setting (i.e. on a race track in front of a crowd), I think the C7 street car would have made a better impression with a little bit more volume.

And one last opinion: The C7R is a great looking car. I'm one of those that likes the C7 look, but I have yet to really fall in love with it. The C7 lines with the wider stance really works for me (am looking forward to seeing the 2015 Z06 in person....in torch red of course!).
I think we had a chance to take 2nd but as the 4 car reeled in the BMW, the stupid Mazda Skyactive prototype car got in the way and we weren't able to make up the ground lost.
Also I agree, the C7R and the CTSV were the best sounding cars. Johnny drove a great race too in the Pirelli series.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:53 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Just got this via email too

Get notified of new replies

To C7R Pictures from Long Beach

Quick Reply: C7R Pictures from Long Beach