Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Classifieds Post your For Sale or Wanted Autocrossing & Roadracing parts here.

Which Brake compound is best for me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 490 Likes on 417 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Designed by racers for racers, Carbotech brakes can be specified to meet the needs of your car and driving style. Just give us a call 216-780-8825 and we can recommend the compounds that will be perfect for your front and rear pads.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 03-13-2014, 10:00 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Check out the XP24, We can help with all your questions

XP24™ is the pinnacle compound of the extremely successful XP™ Series of compounds engineered by Carbotech™. This compound is based on the same fundamentals that exist in all other Carbotech™ formulations. XP24™ has even more initial bite, more overall bite, and more torque along with the most linear torque curve we have ever offered. The thermal characteristics are of the highest Carbotech™ offers along with one of the highest coefficient of friction ratings offered by anyone in the braking industry. This compound is the longest wearing compound Carbotech™ offers as it was originally engineered for endurance applications at the highest pro racing levels. This revolutionary new compound has been extremely successful with open wheel, closed wheel, sprint and endurance applications. XP24™ has a temperature range of 400°F to 2000°F+ (204°C to 1093°C+). Carbotech™ XP24™ is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise along with the necessary heat required to work properly.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Hot price on XP12 1 piece pads front.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Old 03-21-2014, 10:34 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Ok I'll bite (or have you tell me what will)!

Base c6 on stock goodyear tires with z06 shocks, front spring and pfadt lite swaybars. My first hpde. I was only planning to buy fronts for my first event, but I would like to hear what you think.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:55 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by SEVINN
Ok I'll bite (or have you tell me what will)!

Base c6 on stock goodyear tires with z06 shocks, front spring and pfadt lite swaybars. My first hpde. I was only planning to buy fronts for my first event, but I would like to hear what you think.
Ok, I would use XP10 front and XP8 rear. This will give you the ability to run track days with no issue. This combo will work best on the tires you are using and work well as a street pad if you don't mind the dust and noise. Keep in mind every car is different, as the noise may be not an issue but you will have brake dust. The good thing is all Carbotech compounds are a 100% non corrosive so, the dust will not harm your wheels or paint on the car.

Carbotech™ XP10™

When Carbotech™ unleashed the XP10™ to the general public it immediately gathered multiple regional, divisional, and national championships. The XP10™ has a very strong initial bite with a coefficient of friction and rotor friendliness unmatched in the industry. Fade resistance is in excess of 1475°F (801°C). XP10™ still maintains the highly praised release, excellent modulation and rotor friendliness that have made all Carbotech™ compounds so successful. Carbotech™ XP10™ is not recommended as a daily-driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.

Carbotech™ XP8™

A high torque brake compound with a wide operating temperature range of 200°F-1250°F+ (93°C to 676°C+). Carbotech™ XP8™ is the first of our racing compounds. Good initial bite at race temperatures, high coefficient of friction, excellent modulation and release characteristics. Extremely high fade resistance and very rotor friendly. Perfect for track day use with any tire and can still be driven safely to and from the track. Carbotech™ does NOT recommended XP8™ as a daily driven street pad due to elevated levels of dust and noise. Carbotech™ XP8™ is a great compound on the front & rear of most open wheel and sports racers.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:20 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Ok, I would use XP10 front and XP8 rear. This will give you the ability to run track days with no issue. This combo will work best on the tires you are using and work well as a street pad if you don't mind the dust and noise. Keep in mind every car is different, as the noise may be not an issue but you will have brake dust. The good thing is all Carbotech compounds are a 100% non corrosive so, the dust will not harm your wheels or paint on the car.

Carbotech™ XP10™

When Carbotech™ unleashed the XP10™ to the general public it immediately gathered multiple regional, divisional, and national championships. The XP10™ has a very strong initial bite with a coefficient of friction and rotor friendliness unmatched in the industry. Fade resistance is in excess of 1475°F (801°C). XP10™ still maintains the highly praised release, excellent modulation and rotor friendliness that have made all Carbotech™ compounds so successful. Carbotech™ XP10™ is not recommended as a daily-driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.

Carbotech™ XP8™

A high torque brake compound with a wide operating temperature range of 200°F-1250°F+ (93°C to 676°C+). Carbotech™ XP8™ is the first of our racing compounds. Good initial bite at race temperatures, high coefficient of friction, excellent modulation and release characteristics. Extremely high fade resistance and very rotor friendly. Perfect for track day use with any tire and can still be driven safely to and from the track. Carbotech™ does NOT recommended XP8™ as a daily driven street pad due to elevated levels of dust and noise. Carbotech™ XP8™ is a great compound on the front & rear of most open wheel and sports racers.
Thanks! I'll get them.

I do have another question; how much brake fluid will I need to do a full flush in my car? I still have the stock stuff in there.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:32 AM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 121 Posts

Thanks! I'll get them.

I do have another question; how much brake fluid will I need to do a full flush in my car? I still have the stock stuff in there.
Took 2 cans of ATE in mine, 1/2 can left.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Thanks! I'll get them.

When ever your ready, I will be happy to help you
Old 03-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Old 03-25-2014, 09:48 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14, '16

When ever your ready, I will be happy to help you
Just ordered!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Just ordered!
Got it, make sure you bed them properly.

Philip Invoice No. 406 Thank you for your business.

Amp'd Autosport Items
1 Corvette Racing CT731 - XP10? @ $201.40 = $201.40
1 Corvette Racing CT732 - XP8? @ $157.70 = $157.70
Old 03-25-2014, 10:31 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Got it, make sure you bed them properly.

Philip Invoice No. 406 Thank you for your business.

Amp'd Autosport Items
1 Corvette Racing CT731 - XP10? @ $201.40 = $201.40
1 Corvette Racing CT732 - XP8? @ $157.70 = $157.70
Should I them on the street for a week so that they could clean the street pad transfer layer off and then bed them in?
Old 03-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Should I them on the street for a week so that they could clean the street pad transfer layer off and then bed them in?
NO, you should have the pre bed. I can send you a pay pal request for the extra $40. Your rotors need to be cleaned with some brake clean and 60 grit sand paper to remove the existing material before you put the new pads on. Than the new pads need to be bedded properly. If you go with pre bed you can just clean the rotors and go. Proper bedding for the XP series is below. Let me know.

Proper bedding instructions for AX-Series & XP-Series Compounds :
1. All new brake pads require a bedding process, start this process by pumping your brakes a few times to assure proper installation. Once on track perform several moderate (medium) near stops (to a very slow rolling speed) to thoroughly warm up the pads and rotors. This should take 1-2 laps. This allows a thin layer of the pad material to be transferred into the micro-grooves of the rotor.
2. After the pads/rotors are warm, perform a series of hard near stops (to a slow rolling speed) until some brake fade is felt. This process should take about 2-4 laps (depending on the track). Once this occurs, then stay off the brakes (as much as possible) and bring your car into the pits/paddock to completely cool. Do not lock the tires during this operation.
3.Allow brake pads and/or rotors cool down to ambient temperatures; no less than 30 minutes. The total bedding procedure should not take more than 5-6 laps or about 10-15 minutes.

NOTE: The proper way to bed your brake pads and brake discs (rotors) is to bed them on the racetrack, NOT on the street (excluding the Bobcat 1521 compound).

Warning: Failure to properly bed in your pads could lead to friction material to chunk and break up resulting in poor pad performance and pad life. Improper bedding can also lead to overheating your pads and causing them to glaze over resulting in the car not being able to stop or slow properly.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:17 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Good choice Pay Pal sent
Old 03-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Pads are flying of the shelf. Do not Waite for last minute orders
Old 03-27-2014, 11:41 PM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

I went with Carbotech XP12/XP10 pads after Adam's recommendation last year for my ~750hp ZO6 on Nitto 555R-II tires. Absolutely love them. Performed flawlessly at MAM last year and has one hell of a bite even when cold for the Autocross sessions I ran.

Just ordered the XP10/XP8 combo for my BRZ with Bridgestone Potenza RE-11A tires for a track day at Mid America in a month and the start of Autocross season as well. Can't wait!

Get notified of new replies

To Which Brake compound is best for me?

Old 03-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Quickshift_C5
I went with Carbotech XP12/XP10 pads after Adam's recommendation last year for my ~750hp ZO6 on Nitto 555R-II tires. Absolutely love them. Performed flawlessly at MAM last year and has one hell of a bite even when cold for the Autocross sessions I ran.

Just ordered the XP10/XP8 combo for my BRZ with Bridgestone Potenza RE-11A tires for a track day at Mid America in a month and the start of Autocross season as well. Can't wait!

Order shipped. I appreciate the repeat business
Old 03-28-2014, 11:50 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

Just ordered the XP20 for the fronts and XP10 for the rears. Prebedding too. Thanks Adam!!! Now if we could just get rid of our snow pack.

Ron.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:36 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Lawdogg
Just ordered the XP20 for the fronts and XP10 for the rears. Prebedding too. Thanks Adam!!! Now if we could just get rid of our snow pack.

Ron.

Quick Reply: Which Brake compound is best for me?