Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katech Track Attack 2014! July 21-22. Autobahn Country Club - Joliet, IL

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

This is one hell of a good event, Guys. Those who come once keep coming back because of the reason's Mike listed but it is far more than that. I have made life long friends there. Plus, the food and extra activities are better than any other track you will go to. And, the instructors are all first class drivers themselves that can help you in every way.

See you there I hope.

Jim

O, and there is some guy that buys beer for all on Sunday night! Free BEER!
Old 06-22-2014, 12:58 AM
vette ruminator
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FRC Z51
I don't want it's to come off the wrong way but is it really $950 for two days at Autobahn?!
I did my first track attack in 2008 when my Z06 was one day old. It was amazing. I've been to several since then and immensely enjoyed every one. It is true what the others have said regarding having professional drivers to ask for advice etc. It is pretty incredible to see what real drivers can do with these machines. It is also an opportunity to have them drive your car and comment on the set up. I am always amazed when a pro driver is driving and tells me that my left rear tire could use a pound more or less air...

I have also learned over the years to ask for valuable advice from Katech and other vendors that are there because it is a special and privileged event to have professionals who can give you advice instead of the usual grass roots wisdom.

One year I had a little "excursion" on Saturday morning and the Katech crew actually located a part that was needed for me, drove me to the dealership where I purchased the part, then drove me back and installed it for me so I could continue on with the track weekend. They are also there to install brake pads and do other simple maintenance while you enjoy yourself.

It is not your usual event. There is commonly a GM presence and I would not be surprised to see some excellent product from them as well.

That being said I am bummed that I will not be able to make it this year as I am leaving town that week. Best wishes to all...

Noel
Old 06-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Guys,if you are going to VIR with the NCM this weekend, and you are considering going to Track Attack 2014come by my trailer and lets talk. I will be driving a red Katech Z06 #55.

Jim
Old 06-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Painrace
Guys,if you are going to VIR with the NCM this weekend, and you are considering going to Track Attack 2014come by my trailer and lets talk. I will be driving a red Katech Z06 #55.

Jim
Highly recommended! If you've never met Jim he is one of the nicest guys that you could possibly imagine and has probably forgotten more about racing and driving cars than most people will ever learn in their life time!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Werks
Highly recommended! If you've never met Jim he is one of the nicest guys that you could possibly imagine and has probably forgotten more about racing and driving cars than most people will ever learn in their life time!
Thank you, Ron.

I hope to see you at Track Attack.

Jim
Old 07-06-2014, 09:17 PM
cruzin2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just registered. I'm in. So excited for a great event!!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Two weeks from today!

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 07-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzin2
just registered. I'm in. So excited for a great event!!
Glad you're coming back Neil!

Usual format, only 3 run groups so there will be more track time than you can use and more gourmet food than you can eat!

Mike
Old 07-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Partying at Mikes garage two weeks from tonight at Track Attack after a gourmet meal.

Hurry up time.

I can't wait!

Jim
Old 07-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Do you want to attend Track Attack but it either too costly to transport your car or logistically difficult? Is your car not finished? You could fly in a rent a track car from Team Stradale on site at Autobahn. They rent BMW Z3s for $900/day. Contact Melissa McMillon for reservations.

Melissa McMillon
Team Stradale, Inc.
Assistant Director of Operations
3795 CenterPoint Way
Joliet, Illinois 60436
Phone: (815) 727-7234
Fax: (815) 230-1392
melissa@teamstradale.com

Old 07-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Renting a car offers flexibility for many different scenarios! It's a great way for beginners to get a flavor of why this is so fun, or experienced drivers an option to 'arrive and drive.'
Old 07-21-2014, 07:34 PM
wdavis
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw some cool pics and video on the Katech Facebook page

Quick Reply: Katech Track Attack 2014! July 21-22. Autobahn Country Club - Joliet, IL