Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your best on track ---VIDEO---

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 01:23 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by brkntrxn
Yeah, that is part of the Mafia. The older, wiser part. LOL!

Old 04-18-2014, 02:00 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sperkins

You have a head full of brown hair. I can't say the same for me, Pat, Jeff, and Kim. And we won't talk about Khoi,
Old 04-19-2014, 04:27 AM
Lasco001
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts
Default ZR1 on Imola Race Track with GT Race Cars

ZR1 prepared for training with GT Race Cars
One of my favorite race tracks in Italy

modifications
Engine stage 2
Special water cooling engine
Special cooling gear
Bilstein GT3
Unibal Tikt
brake steel
Forgline Wheels 10.5 / 12.5 x18
Slick tires Hankook DTM 280/300x18
Many many lot of little things made ​​by corvettetotal.ch

Cölestin
Old 04-19-2014, 12:03 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Track looks incredible. Nice to see a track day that's not packed with a bunch of ricers and Mustangs. Jealous....
Old 04-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by car 99
Rusty is that you? You totally pooned out on the banking! The gearing calculators tell me I'm doing 105 all the way around when going CW. It took a lot of convincing myself to flat foot it but I finally did. That said, my turd only makes 255whp.

I was supposed to start 4th but the polesitter wanted to start in the back so I started 3rd, then hosed the standing start and went back to 5th before squeezing myself right back into 3rd. Then the polesitter got me (or rather, I got myself) and at the very tail end the silver car chokes and I scoop up 3rd.

Hindsight tells me I should have pushed harder to stick my nose in for some impossible passes to rattle the silver car as he might have given up the room at some point. If nothing else, the additional pressure may cause him to choke sooner. Still trying to get myself comfortable with the thought of diving down the inside and trailing deep while not actually hitting anyone.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,074 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by Supercharged111
Rusty is that you? You totally pooned out on the banking! The gearing calculators tell me I'm doing 105 all the way around when going CW. It took a lot of convincing myself to flat foot it but I finally did. That said, my turd only makes 255whp.

I was supposed to start 4th but the polesitter wanted to start in the back so I started 3rd, then hosed the standing start and went back to 5th before squeezing myself right back into 3rd. Then the polesitter got me (or rather, I got myself) and at the very tail end the silver car chokes and I scoop up 3rd.

4-6-14 PPIR Race 2 - YouTube

Hindsight tells me I should have pushed harder to stick my nose in for some impossible passes to rattle the silver car as he might have given up the room at some point. If nothing else, the additional pressure may cause him to choke sooner. Still trying to get myself comfortable with the thought of diving down the inside and trailing deep while not actually hitting anyone.
That was so much fun to watch! Thanks for posting!! It's so easy to overdrive those things. I think getting the car settled and down to the apex before the run up onto the straight is really important. Couple of times you came in there nice and hot and ran wide probably giving up some straightaway speed. The infield looked like a tough spot to pass on. You got him exactly where I thought you would and thought you would a few times. He cuts back across your nose pretty abruptly at one point. Anyway it was making me say go, go, go and telling you where I wanted you to put the car so thanks!! Good way to end the Saturday work day!!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 10/10ths April Event @ Putnam Park

Red run group:

https://vimeo.com/91370561
Old 04-19-2014, 06:51 PM
5280Racer
Drifting

4-6-14 PPIR Race 2 - YouTube

Nice job Dustin... Learn it up and make small changes to our car and you'l do better.. that dude in the silver camaro needs to go back to HPDE...
Old 04-19-2014, 11:56 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Racingswh
That was so much fun to watch! Thanks for posting!! It's so easy to overdrive those things. I think getting the car settled and down to the apex before the run up onto the straight is really important. Couple of times you came in there nice and hot and ran wide probably giving up some straightaway speed. The infield looked like a tough spot to pass on. You got him exactly where I thought you would and thought you would a few times. He cuts back across your nose pretty abruptly at one point. Anyway it was making me say go, go, go and telling you where I wanted you to put the car so thanks!! Good way to end the Saturday work day!!
Pretty much my reaction when I watched the video too, I think I could have taken him sooner but now I know his track personality a little better. This isn't hot and cold like HPDE or TT, it's an all out sprint the whole time so when I overcook an entry or drop wheels on corner exit, there is no cool down lap to collect my thoughts and reflect on why I did what I did, I just keep the hammer down and try not to do it again. So much more fun that way! And nobody gets all uppity over it, hell I can bump into other cars without ending my session. When he cut me off, he still had the right to the line. The car just didn't have the stick to put it up next to him and challenge him for position at the time.

Originally Posted by 5280Racer
Nice job Dustin... Learn it up and make small changes to our car and you'l do better.. that dude in the silver camaro needs to go back to HPDE...
He's actually not bad, he was definitely running scared though and choking a bit. Once you go W2W you realize when following someone like that how little time being off line and *** out actually costs. His fastest lap was a 1:05.308 to my 1:05.344. Fastest lap of the day was 1:05.123 set by #34 and race 2 winner ran a 1:05.536 so we're all really close. Saturday I just couldn't hang (about 1 second off of the leaders) and Sunday's warmup showed even less promise for me. I made the decision to go from 1/8" of toe in to try 1/8" of toe out and picked up 1.2 seconds in qualifying (fastest lap) and another .6 seconds in the last race of the day (race 1 was raining lightly but not enough to lift, so that got hairy) which was enough to put my times right on par with the leaders. My #1 priority now is racecraft assuming I can crank out the times at Pueblo week after next. Can't wait!
Old 04-20-2014, 01:27 AM
5280Racer
Drifting

Pretty much my reaction when I watched the video too, I think I could have taken him sooner but now I know his track personality a little better. This isn't hot and cold like HPDE or TT, it's an all out sprint the whole time so when I overcook an entry or drop wheels on corner exit, there is no cool down lap to collect my thoughts and reflect on why I did what I did, I just keep the hammer down and try not to do it again. So much more fun that way! And nobody gets all uppity over it, hell I can bump into other cars without ending my session. When he cut me off, he still had the right to the line. The car just didn't have the stick to put it up next to him and challenge him for position at the time.

He's actually not bad, he was definitely running scared though and choking a bit. Once you go W2W you realize when following someone like that how little time being off line and *** out actually costs. His fastest lap was a 1:05.308 to my 1:05.344. Fastest lap of the day was 1:05.123 set by #34 and race 2 winner ran a 1:05.536 so we're all really close. Saturday I just couldn't hang (about 1 second off of the leaders) and Sunday's warmup showed even less promise for me. I made the decision to go from 1/8" of toe in to try 1/8" of toe out and picked up 1.2 seconds in qualifying (fastest lap) and another .6 seconds in the last race of the day (race 1 was raining lightly but not enough to lift, so that got hairy) which was enough to put my times right on par with the leaders. My #1 priority now is racecraft assuming I can crank out the times at Pueblo week after next. Can't wait!

Its gunna be a lot of trial an error.. figuring out that car of yours... track time will be the key... the grey camaro seemed to walk away from you low end and mid range... I won't be going to pueblo this time around.. still waiting on sway bars...and they are 3 weeks out.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:19 AM
RallyeChris
Advanced

From yesterday, Lime Rock. The sun was really bright, so the video is washed-out a bit.

Not a lot of grip on the track yet. A beautiful day regardless.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by HabberstadChris
From yesterday, Lime Rock. The sun was really bright, so the video is washed-out a bit.

Not a lot of grip on the track yet. A beautiful day regardless.
Man watching guys videos are cool but when youve actually been on the track your watching its exciting!
My heart is racing just watching this!
I think I may have a problem....
Old 04-20-2014, 10:20 AM
jtmck
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Webz
I need more power!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:06 AM
Red5
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 04-25-2014, 06:16 PM
hamdog
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

- Video Tube for YouTube -

Chasing a 997 GT2 at a PCA event. The 200+ HP advantage is very apparent on the long straight.

Last edited by hamdog; 04-25-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:37 AM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Thought it was over 1/2 through the lap so I stayed in the throttle for the benefit of the audience through the carousel corner (small but nice crowd). Mustang missed the shift on the straight after the last corner, excitement ensues. The full race video is on my youtube channel under the Sunday PASA race.
This was the day before, I missed qualifying so I had to start 26th and may my way up to 4th during the 30 minute race.

Last edited by crimlwC6; 04-26-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:45 AM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

LOL, code brown! I think my Camaro handles better in the dirt. . .

Get notified of new replies

To Post your best on track ---VIDEO---

Old 04-26-2014, 02:06 AM
crimlwC6
Drifting

It handled good enough...barely!!! Code brown for sure, although my mind was so "active" that immediately after the excitement I first cleared the TPS code, which is always alerting on my car.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:13 AM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why were all those cars parked on the side of the track???
Old 04-26-2014, 02:17 AM
crimlwC6
Drifting

That has been discussed and adjusted. Newish track management.

Quick Reply: Post your best on track ---VIDEO---