Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Button on the shifter to "blip" the throttle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 11:10 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by ErnieN85
yes for about $50,000 ..............it's the sequential shift trans they use
Or buy a C7 for a few grand more than that . A rev match system is available on the C7.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

They have it for a C6Z??
Can someone provide a link/price?
Old 09-04-2013, 07:55 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here you are http://auto-blip.com/auto-blip
Old 11-04-2013, 09:52 PM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by repman
Tom a friend of mine is a member at AMP, I will be going there if all works out.
Soooo,....what happened? Did you get it installed and did it work?
Old 11-05-2013, 06:44 AM
sgrinavi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Z06CE
Soooo,....what happened? Did you get it installed and did it work?
An update would be awesome
Old 11-05-2013, 08:26 AM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Originally Posted by sgrinavi
An update would be awesome
I know. I PM'd repman but no response. I have decided to see what I can find out from the company and work with them on this. Hopefully I'll have some info by the end of the week or next week
Old 11-07-2013, 07:12 PM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Originally Posted by C5Z06CE
I know. I PM'd repman but no response. I have decided to see what I can find out from the company and work with them on this. Hopefully I'll have some info by the end of the week or next week
Update... I have contacted one of the only 2 vendors and the company about this. It appears that a prior forum member was going to beta test the unit in a C5 but somehow that fell apart. I have arranged to be a beta tester for the AutoBlip and it is currently being shipped to my mechanic. My mechanic thinks he can manipulate the prototype and work out any kinks for me. he is currently planning on using the AutoBlip to modulate the throttle blip but he has fabricated a separate electrical mechanism to allow the blip to come immediately after the shifter goes jnto gear but BEFORE the clutch is re-engaged during down shifting. This allows for optimal timing of the throttle blip without having to set a delay on the Auto-Blip. That way if you're on the track you have a more rapid blip and shorter in slow and easy driving to work for example. We hope to have some beta testing on the electrical switch and Auto-Blip early next week. I will be going to do a HPDE next Saturday so hopefully the bugs will be worked out to test it on the track.

I will update here and possibly make a new thread once more info becomes available.

C5Z06CE
Old 11-08-2013, 07:59 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Im not sure if it was brought up yet but this car has the feature. You may want to ask what route they went:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...-race-car.html
Old 11-08-2013, 08:22 AM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Originally Posted by el es tu
Im not sure if it was brought up yet but this car has the feature. You may want to ask what route they went:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...-race-car.html
Thanks. Yes I am aware of that. That car has a $5000 custom ECU to control it. I would like something easier and cheaper. Also that car has a button that needs to be depressed to rev the throttle. This would do it automatically, That car is partially where I got the desire to have this feature.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Interesting, but the I don't think it will work. The drw setup in the vette uses two signals. There are also multiple tables and tables that are outside of the engine calibration tables that you do not see in any calibration software.The reason I bring these up is because they are going to be the problem. GM goes into more depth than any other manufacture on redundancy in its operating systems, so there are tables that control tables if you get my point. In some of those tables there is data on throttle angle vs. input from the pedal and if both of those voltages are off the car will immediately go into a limp mode. So the reason the C5R and other race can do this is because they are running the Bosch race ECM which has this option in it and its not 5k, more like 15K. The ECM may be 5k by itself but you still have to have everything else to go with it. I believe the ECM by itself is 9k though.The sequential can upshift under full throttle but not downshift if it is running with stock ecu. I would save yourself some money and just perfect your heel toe, that method has worked for decades and unless you are racing with money on the line, its not worth the cost to get those options.
Justin
Old 11-11-2013, 07:29 AM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
Interesting, but the I don't think it will work. The drw setup in the vette uses two signals. There are also multiple tables and tables that are outside of the engine calibration tables that you do not see in any calibration software.The reason I bring these up is because they are going to be the problem. GM goes into more depth than any other manufacture on redundancy in its operating systems, so there are tables that control tables if you get my point. In some of those tables there is data on throttle angle vs. input from the pedal and if both of those voltages are off the car will immediately go into a limp mode. So the reason the C5R and other race can do this is because they are running the Bosch race ECM which has this option in it and its not 5k, more like 15K. The ECM may be 5k by itself but you still have to have everything else to go with it. I believe the ECM by itself is 9k though.The sequential can upshift under full throttle but not downshift if it is running with stock ecu. I would save yourself some money and just perfect your heel toe, that method has worked for decades and unless you are racing with money on the line, its not worth the cost to get those options.
Justin
I appreciate the input. I have a mechanic that has made this work in a C6 race car using stock ECM and a Sequential shifter where he had to program the car and create a switch to tell the AutoBlip to disregard the clutch input and only go by shifter position. Both he and the manufacturer of the AutoBlip feel so confident that they can get it done that both have offered to buy the unit back from me if they cannot get it to work. So in the end it's going to cost me a few hours labor only if it works. I have told them a limit on the number of hours I am willing to dedicate to this.

Hopefully, I will have some info later this week. Since it is Veterans Day the unit will not be delivered until tomorrow. I will post as soon as I know any info.

I still plan to learn how to better master Heel-Toe for the occasions where I am driving a car without this feature....like my planned course at Skip Barber and Chump car races etc. I am not putting all my eggs in this basket... If it works GREAT...if not no real money lost and as you say there is always the tried and true Heel-Toe that has worked for decades.

C5Z06CE
Old 11-13-2013, 02:57 AM
C5Z06CE
Racer

New thread started on the Auto-Blip and a review.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...cu-review.html

Quick Reply: Button on the shifter to "blip" the throttle?