Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Button on the shifter to "blip" the throttle?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Toilets
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Does any one know if speed souths will be a rev match kit or a kit like the auto blip where it only blips the throttle?

All though it may help slightly, I wonder how it can benefit under extreme braking? Example, if it only blips the throttle say 200 rpm however due to such a decrease in speed under hard braking , you need 800 rpm for a true match into the next lower gear.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Liquid1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toilets
Does any one know if speed souths will be a rev match kit or a kit like the auto blip where it only blips the throttle?

All though it may help slightly, I wonder how it can benefit under extreme braking? Example, if it only blips the throttle say 200 rpm however due to such a decrease in speed under hard braking , you need 800 rpm for a true match into the next lower gear.
There are two dials to adjust the delay before blipping the throttle and the duration of the blip. Using these two, you will be able to accomodate an 800 rpm match. The issue is it is not dynamic, so if you're in different circumstances, then you will still get an 800 rpm blip even if you need a 2000 rpm blip. A true rev match that accomodates all circumstances would be the ideal solution of course.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:48 PM
VGLNTE1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Sooooo....would the c6 autoblip work for a c5?
Old 07-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Toilets
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid1
There are two dials to adjust the delay before blipping the throttle and the duration of the blip. Using these two, you will be able to accomodate an 800 rpm match. The issue is it is not dynamic, so if you're in different circumstances, then you will still get an 800 rpm blip even if you need a 2000 rpm blip. A true rev match that accomodates all circumstances would be the ideal solution of course.
This may work better than I thought. Thanks
Old 07-11-2013, 03:21 AM
hellrazr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk to Mickey, owner of Chuckwalla Raceway. He did something like this to his Mustangs.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:36 AM
sgrinavi
Advanced

Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
Sooooo....would the c6 autoblip work for a c5?
I think that was covered in repmans update

Originally Posted by repman
Zo6 thanks for the info I contacted them yesterday about the Auto -Blip product . See the response from Cathy.

Hi Larry!

Thank you for your interest in AUTO-BLIP!

We have yet to install it on any Corvette older than a 2005. However, as long as the vehicle is throttle by wire and equipped with a 2 output accelerator pedal sensor, brake sensor, and clutch sensor, it should work. Unfortunately, we do not have any information on the wiring for this model so you would need to do that investigative work on your own if you are comfortable doing so. We can advise you on what outputs to look for to guide you on the wires you should tap into, but finding those wires would require a certain comfort level working with a multi-meter.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Kind regards,

Cathy

I am not sure if the c-5 has the sensors listed but am in the process of checking with Bill Curlee. they have a kit done for the C-6 hopefully it will work on the c-5 as well .

NEW UPDATE !!!

Bill Curlee informed me the C-5 does in fact have these sensors thanks Bill we are good to go

I included a link to this product installed on a s2000
Old 07-12-2013, 10:34 PM
repman
Instructor

Well I ordered the Auto Blip it came in with no issues , we attempted an install today with the help of Andres @auto blip using a multimeter he had us test the throttle sensor as it turns out my 99 frc has three circuits not two on the sensor and is incompatible with the auto blip .seems the newer cars have only two circuits (c6 )I am unsure if any newer c5s have a two circuit switch but if so they would be compatible .
Andres assured me they will be working to see if they can make a unit that will work with 3 circuits .
Old 07-13-2013, 03:19 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Information is that the c7 7 speed manual does upshift/downshift rev matching similar to the Nissan 370z stick.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:44 AM
Pumba
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by moespeeds
Man you guys don't screw around. One guy suggests a sequential transmission, another a C7, then another an $8,000 mod. You have a wire sending voltage to your throttle body, telling it how far to open. No need to throw massive amounts of money at it. As soon as I hear from SpeedSouth I'll post here.

I would also like to hear about this.

Last edited by Pumba; 09-03-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:51 AM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Well I ordered the Auto Blip it came in with no issues , we attempted an install today with the help of Andres @auto blip using a multimeter he had us test the throttle sensor as it turns out my 99 frc has three circuits not two on the sensor and is incompatible with the auto blip .seems the newer cars have only two circuits (c6 )I am unsure if any newer c5s have a two circuit switch but if so they would be compatible .
Andres assured me they will be working to see if they can make a unit that will work with 3 circuits .
Is there an update on this for C5 Z06? I have a 2004 and thinking it should work since they did it to a 2005 C6. Also, anyone have the install instructions for the C6?

Would be nice to just look at the car install instructions to see if all the wires/parts are in the C5 to do the install.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:51 AM
repman
Instructor

Originally Posted by C5Z06CE
Is there an update on this for C5 Z06? I have a 2004 and thinking it should work since they did it to a 2005 C6. Also, anyone have the install instructions for the C6?

Would be nice to just look at the car install instructions to see if all the wires/parts are in the C5 to do the install.
the install instructions are on the web site you have to only have 2 circuits on the throttle for the current device to work my 99 c5 has 3
Old 07-17-2013, 11:34 AM
C5Z06CE
Racer

the install instructions are on the web site you have to only have 2 circuits on the throttle for the current device to work my 99 c5 has 3
Thanks. I just saw that. I will check it out when I get my car back from the shop...getting an RPM tranny put in. THIS would be the icing on the cake for the track I think!!
Old 07-17-2013, 12:45 PM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Very interested in this for my 2011 GS as my big flippers and Heel toe are not friends........

May order auto blip if there isn't something else coming in the near future...

Thanks for making this thread!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:41 PM
VGLNTE1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Anyone else know of the circuits in other years of c5s?
Old 08-27-2013, 10:57 AM
repman
Instructor

Default UPDATE!!!!!! on Auto Blip

I have been keeping in touch with this company (who happen to be very nice people) and they have completed the C-5 version late last night. I received the email ( below) this morning.

I will be installing the unit on Friday. and will be the C-5 test dummy

I have a track day scheduled for Saturday so that will give me a chance to put it thru the paces. I will keep all of you who were interested informed of the results on this thread.

Larry

"Good morning Larry!
I have great news...Andres pulled a late night and got the unit completed for you.
Please send me the address you want this shipped to and I will get it out to you today."
Old 08-27-2013, 11:24 AM
C5Z06CE
Racer

I have been keeping in touch with this company (who happen to be very nice people) and they have completed the C-5 version late last night. I received the email ( below) this morning.

I will be installing the unit on Friday. and will be the C-5 test dummy

I have a track day scheduled for Saturday so that will give me a chance to put it thru the paces. I will keep all of you who were interested informed of the results on this thread.

Larry

"Good morning Larry!
I have great news...Andres pulled a late night and got the unit completed for you.
Please send me the address you want this shipped to and I will get it out to you today."
Awesome!! I am particularly interested in this and anxiously await your results
Old 08-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Z06TWT
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Larry,
Where are you tracking on Saturday.....will you be at RA at the BMWCCA event in a few weeks .Tom

Last edited by Z06TWT; 08-27-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Get notified of new replies

To Button on the shifter to "blip" the throttle?

Old 08-27-2013, 02:39 PM
repman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Z06TWT
Larry,
Where are you tracking on Saturday.....will you be at RA at the BMWCCA event in a few weeks .Tom
Tom a friend of mine is a member at AMP, I will be going there if all works out.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:21 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So has anyone installed it yet, what are your thoughts / impressions?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:46 AM
sdurg24
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Buy a C7 with Z51 package, 7 speed manual

has an automatic rev match for shifting up or down.

Works good too.
This is but one of my many reasons for wanting the new C7 but......... How do you know it works well? I have seen the cars at Sebring and Lime Rock but have yet to see one that could be driven by the general public.

Quick Reply: Button on the shifter to "blip" the throttle?